• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Per khan: Helm to return in a week/week and a half.

but i want him back now!! :(

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#62 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

You know, I'm pretty impressed with the way the Wings played while all these guys were out.  What'd they lose two and win one without Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, Helm, and Dekeyser?  They get Dats tonight, they play a s***ting team in Florida, and if they win it they split on during this period.  Not too shabby.  Thank god of Franzen, Tatar, and Nyquist eh?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#63 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

You know, I'm pretty impressed with the way the Wings played while all these guys were out.  What'd they lose two and win one without Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, Helm, and Dekeyser?  They get Dats tonight, they play a s***ting team in Florida, and if they win it they split on during this period.  Not too shabby.  Thank god of Franzen, Tatar, and Nyquist eh?

You can say that last part again! Never thought id hear anyone utter the words "thank god for franzen" lol

#64 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

You can say that last part again! Never thought id hear anyone utter the words "thank god for franzen" lol

Well it's not too much of a stretch for me.  I like Franzen, and the blanket criticism he receives is hardly ever warranted.  Does he have bad games sometimes?  Sure.  Is he a bad player?  Nope.  On a team that has struggled offensively for four or five years, a guy who can put up 25-29 goals is a breath of fresh air.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#65 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well it's not too much of a stretch for me.  I like Franzen, and the blanket criticism he receives is hardly ever warranted.  Does he have bad games sometimes?  Sure.  Is he a bad player?  Nope.  On a team that has struggled offensively for four or five years, a guy who can put up 25-29 goals is a breath of fresh air.

I knew it!

You're a Franzen 'slappy'!

:crazy:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#66 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Franzen is far from a breath of fresh air... he gets the flack because he has everything it takes to be a true power forward but lacks the cack n balls to use it half the time. He is on a roll now and playing great but for no rhyme or reason can vanish into thin air at any time. I think there would be less complaining about him if during his goalless droughts he was a great defensive player and making an impact in other ways but he doesn't... add to the fact that Holland stayed loyal and signed up Franzen first before Hossa, when we had Hossa in our grips, and then you see where all the s*** he tales comes from.... its always warranted and always will be while he plays the way he does

#67 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

I dont mind mule but damnit kenny...you had marian hossa ffs...dropped the ball there.

#68 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Franzen is far from a breath of fresh air... he gets the flack because he has everything it takes to be a true power forward but lacks the cack n balls to use it half the time. He is on a roll now and playing great but for no rhyme or reason can vanish into thin air at any time. I think there would be less complaining about him if during his goalless droughts he was a great defensive player and making an impact in other ways but he doesn't... add to the fact that Holland stayed loyal and signed up Franzen first before Hossa, when we had Hossa in our grips, and then you see where all the s*** he tales comes from.... its always warranted and always will be while he plays the way he does

See what I mean?

#69 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

See what I mean?

He's got a point.

If Franzen put forth a consistent effort he'd be in the 40 plus goal range...What's even more pathetic is that there's guys like Datsyuk, and Zetterberg who bust their tails every night, and there's no legit top flight winger to help them with the scoring (well - Alfie several years ago was - but like many guys in their 40's - he's not what he used to be).

Just think if Scotty Bowman were coaching this team; guys like Homer would've never been in his doghouse if the Mule were around.

'Evolution' created by Offsides