• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/6 GDT 7:00PM: Red Wings 3 at Devils 1

Rate this topic

Monster yet again with another solid game. Nice win. I was worried about this game. We looked mediocre for a lot of it. Still sending out a missing person report on Weiss. The back of the net seems to be his kryptonite.

Guest Crymson

He seems to be having fun. I just hope he keeps it going once Pavel and Hank are back.

Come to think of it, it's possible that much of Franzen's problems on the ice are of the emotional nature. He's a beast when he's relaxed.

Pretty good game. The youngsters sure did step up, and Gustavsson had a good game too. And it's about time we had a totally nonsensical call go our way.

Pretty good game. The youngsters sure did step up, and Gustavsson had a good game too. And it's about time we had a totally nonsensical call go our way.

The kids are not the answer!!!

Guest Crymson

And more kids in the minors that'd show them up. We're just stuck with the garbage right now, and still winning. Judging by our prospects, it's only gonna get better.

I don't doubt that Ferraro would outplay Cleary, and Callahan would undoubtedly be a better option than Samuelsson.

I figure that's along the lines of what we'll see next season.

The kids are not the answer!!!

Is there a reference I'm not catching?

Come to think of it, it's possible that much of Franzen's problems on the ice are of the emotional nature. He's a beast when he's relaxed.

I'm not sure, but there's something to it. Maybe he feels needed when Pav and Hank are out and he steps up, but maybe he's a bit intimidated by their world class skill and feels, not sure if this is the best way to put it, "inadequate" in comparison?

I don't doubt that Ferraro would outplay Cleary, and Callahan would undoubtedly be a better option than Samuelsson.

Hopefully. Those 2 would add a ton of energy and grit to the line-up as well, not to mention speed.

Holland's whole "It's a man's league, kids are not the answe" interview .

Guest Crymson

Monster yet again with another solid game. Nice win. I was worried about this game. We looked mediocre for a lot of it. Still sending out a missing person report on Weiss. The back of the net seems to be his kryptonite.

I've got to think that he'll face a buyout if this goes on all season. No way will Holland keep him around at that cap hit if he's unable to produce.

Guest Crymson

tumblr_mxf0ymxRXk1qb4rpho1_400_zpsb94b49

Holy hell, is that for real? I didn't see that on the broadcast.

Edit: WOW! Apparently this replay was shown only on the MSG broadcast; FSD did not catch it. Devils fans have been raving about it for almost two hours already.

Edited by Crymson

I have to say, really extraordinary game from Franzen. He has really turned it around since that timeout a month or so ago. He has been playing great on both ends of the ice and tonight was probably his best, most complete game since 2009. Keep up the great work, Johan.

Another solid game from Monster. Goose and Sauce are really coming on, too. When our depth steps up like it did tonight it really shows how dangerous the team can be healthy. LGW!

Holy hell, is that for real? I didn't see that on the broadcast.

Didn't catch it in real time, but they showed it during the intermission report. As I said earlier, HON candidate for TSN. Possible (outside chance) for consideration in the save of the year they do at seasons end.

All I know is Tatar better be on one of the top 2 lines from now on (even when Pav and Hank return). He continues to prove game after game that he can be a difference maker and a game changer. Time for Abby to head back to the 3rd line where he belongs.

AGREED. The guy is a baller. Alfie, Tatar, Nyqust, Franzen as top line wingers from here on. Woulnd't mind leaving Franzen at C and pushing Z to wing again. Franzen has looked great. Move Weiss to Helm's wing to see if he can get his wheels going.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfie

Tatar - Franzen - Nyqust

Abby - Helm - Weiss

Miller - Andersson - Bert (PP net front)

Sammy, Cleary

The reference itself is a joke because folks are using it as a rallying cry against Holland supposedly refusing to incorporate youth into the team. In reality, Holland saying kids are not the answer was specifically in response to whether Jurco would get called up to the Wings and contribute offensively. Most people seem to not realize this. Edited by Echolalia

AGREED. The guy is a baller. Alfie, Tatar, Nyqust, Franzen as top line wingers from here on. Woulnd't mind leaving Franzen at C and pushing Z to wing again. Franzen has looked great. Move Weiss to Helm's wing to see if he can get his wheels going.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfie

Tatar - Franzen - Nyqust

Abby - Helm - Weiss

Miller - Andersson - Bert (PP net front)

Sammy, Cleary

That right there would be hard to beat.