• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/6 GDT 7:00PM: Red Wings 3 at Devils 1

Rate this topic

Looking at the angle they showed, Jersey might have a legitimate beef on the trapezoid call. But on the other hand, the way our luck has been running lately, I daresay the only place he'll get any sympathy is from the dictionary.

Glad to get the win but that's not the type of performance that gets you wins most of the time.

It would be nice if they waived Cleary and sent Emmerton down so they could bring up Sheahan or somebody

Howard should start tomorrow. It would make him feel pretty s***ty they don't trust him enough to play the panthers on the 2nd night of a back to back

If he s***s the bed then there really is a serious problem. I think he'll play like he's got something to prove

Tonight wasn't the most action packed game I've ever seen. But it had its moments. Lots of good looking Red Wing fans including a contingent of Swedes wearing the Tre Kronor sweaters and replete with viking hats. But let's get to the fun:

Wings on the attack in the first period. How do you know it's the first period? Red Wings attacking in my end and Weiss is still playing.

11246247133_de3eb34118_b.jpg

The very beginning of Abdelkader getting rubbed out good in the first period. We can't show you any more of this play because DECENCY!

11246182604_03c050cf38_b.jpg

What do we want? Cleary! When do we want it? NOW!
11246144485_cfbd4cdc16_b.jpg

The Mule, the BIG goal. Remember the scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High where Brad Hamilton gets fired from All American Burger for a dust up with a customer only because a coworker had to piss? "I hope you had a helluva nap Henrique!"

11246246293_2a02e314ee_b.jpg

Tatar unassisted, but loved by many........And there was much rejoicing

11246182824_2860c90d8f_b.jpg

Great win for the Wings. Nyquist and Tatar continue to impress, and Franzen is just surprising me more and more. It is great to see him playing like we all knew he could. But, the story for me is Monster in net. The guy, despite only getting 11 shots, was great again tonight. Not only is he making the big saves, but he looks so calm in net and, honestly, the team plays so much better in front of him, which is a sign that they trust him more. I think he needs to continue to get starts because he continues to earn it and we continue to win.

On a side note, that call against the Devils was awful, just awful. Even if Scheider did play it out of the trapezioid a bit, which he didn't, that is still an awful call to make at that point of the game. The ref was not even position to see clearly, so if you are not in position you should not be calling that. I am sorry to all the Devils fans that had to put up with that, but I will take the win.

team is much more confident with the monster eh? what a save i just turned it on and thought i saw him hit that with his glove then they showed the replay. one of the best saves ive ever seen.

finding ways to win without dats z and helm is impressive. franzen tatar and nyquist really stepped it up, i would s*** myself if nyquist or tatar are ever scratched again.

what are we going to do with weiss seems like a lost cause

I thought I had imagined that when there was no big deal made on FSD. Glad I'm not crazy!

ME TOO!!!!!! I saw that and screamed, but thought 'i guess he hit it with his arm or something' because it wasn't highlighted immediately...

Beautiful save!

AGREED. The guy is a baller. Alfie, Tatar, Nyqust, Franzen as top line wingers from here on. Woulnd't mind leaving Franzen at C and pushing Z to wing again. Franzen has looked great. Move Weiss to Helm's wing to see if he can get his wheels going.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfie

Tatar - Franzen - Nyqust

Abby - Helm - Weiss

Miller - Andersson - Bert (PP net front)

Sammy, Cleary

I was just about to post this lineup... exactly! I like it... I'm all about it. Tatar and Nyguist together, feeding off one another.

Anyways, New Jersey did not look good except for their 1st line which has some jump. Defense didn't have to do a ton as NJ was turning over the puck a lot and was content in playing defense for most of the game. Boring team to watch... which goes to show how bad Brunner is - he can't start for that team? Were there any LGW fans upset we didn't sign him? I forgot.

Next, the "We better buyout Franzen" cohort needs to suck a fat one. Going back to the lines above, if he doesn't center the 2nd line, he could play on the top line instead of Bert because Mule can flat out finish. He is who is he and it's stretches like this that people forget when he goes 4-6 games without scoring. Find me a better player for the money he makes - good luck.

I know he is still an RFA, but I'd lock down Tatar right now. He's getting better and better. You have to love him... would be surprised if he is not in the Olympics.

Bottom line is we dominated this game against a benign Devils team and we deserved to win.

If we keep playing Monster we will not lose another game this season...

cheers

I'm not as optimistic about this game as everyone else I don't think they played very well at all. Could have easily lost this one. That save Gus made was huge as we would have been down 2-0 and still continued to give up grade A scoring chances to an offensively challenged Devils team. 5 out of 6 ain't bad tho! Tatar was a beast. Laid into a few guys and was all over the puck

Guest mjtm77

@AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock said he will decide on flight home who starts in goal tomorrow. Normally it would be Howard but he said Gustavsson keeps winning.

Howard will play. It is clearly a tactic coach Babcock will use to make Howard play with a fire lit under his ass

Just caught the highlights ... Tatar with that diving goal last week, Monster with the behind the back saves ... all plays of the year material.

Looks like we got a lucky one on that Trapezoid call ...

Next game is Florida, I think it's safe to put Howie in ... if we can't beat Florida with Howie, then he is the back up from here on end ... period.

Edited by RedWingsRox