• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#41 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

they all start too early if you work and live in Central Time zone, unless the Wings are in Cali or western Canada.

Yeah, but I kind of like it.  I'm so impatient, plus they end earlier.  Except, days like today I'm still at the office trying to finish something then I'm going to haul ass home to catch puck drop.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#42 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Good article about the Brunner scratch. Sounds like NJ is really frustrated with him, and he's having a really hard time with the different style of play:

@AnsarKhanMLive: Former Red Wing Damien Brunner, a healthy scratch tonight, discusses his tough transition with Devils. http://t.co/uxSs0QbZ7s

His best chance to thrive was in Detroit, finesse puck possesion skilled team...he chased the money and that didnt even work out really and  now he's going to be miserable playing in New Jersey..oh well.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#43 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Brunner went to a team who's system doesn't fit his style. New Jersey requires a lot defensively from it's forwards. He doesn't have the responsibility to thrive in that system. He needs to be somewhere where he can settle into a secondary scoring role and not have to play as much in his own end. Namely...here, for example.

#44 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

It appears Schneider will be starting in goal tonight, not Brodeur. A bit late to make the graphic adjustment but wanted to make it known before game time.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#45 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

The league doesn't set start times, the teams do.  The national networks can set the start times for the games they cover.  Last year, the Wings were going to switch to a 7pm start time.  Then they got the Versus schedule and they wanted all their games to start at 7:30 and were carrying like a dozen Wings home games.  Holland thought it would be too confusing to have so many games with a different start time, so he decided to keep it at 7:30.  I was hoping the change to the Eastern Conference would prompt the Wings to change to 7pm, but no dice yet.

Yea that's basically what I said lol. The Wings being on the edge of the timezone, have always wanted their games at 7:30. That and the fact JLA usually has a sizable late arriving crowd in recent history, has probably prompted them to keep the start times at 7:30.

#46 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Is Bert playing?

#47 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Geez...A healthy Helm was wishful thinking. Why does it seem this team is plagued with more injuries than any other team in the NHL every single year? Well here's hoping we take it do NJ because even with our guys out we match up well. Let's whoop em!

#48 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

With the roster compromised like it is. I don't care how ugly todays game is as long as we win.

Yep

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#49 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

DEPLORABLE first shift.
And smith gets a penalty.

#50 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Great start boys smith back to reality

#51 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Terrible start. Stupid penalty from Smith.

#52 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

That was a bad looking hit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets a suspension for that.

#53 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

WTF Smitty? You don't do that.

That was a bad looking hit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets a suspension for that.

Why should he get a suspension for a hit that wasn't even reviewed when the Philly douchebag did it to Abby?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#54 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Smith looks so nervous. Babs was prolly like here you go smith your chance on the top pairing. Couldn't have a worse shift to start the game

#55 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

WTF Smitty? You don't do that.

Why should he get a suspension for a hit that wasn't even reviewed when the Philly douchebag did it to Abby?

Am I saying he should? I said I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It's well known that Shanny is harder on the Wings.

#56 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Yea that's basically what I said lol. The Wings being on the edge of the timezone, have always wanted their games at 7:30. That and the fact JLA usually has a sizable late arriving crowd in recent history, has probably prompted them to keep the start times at 7:30.

When you said "they" push back the start time, I interpreted that as the league, not the team.  I had never heard of the position in the time zone having anything to do with it. 

#57 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

We have literally done nothing for the first 5 minutes. Terrible start.

#58 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Am I saying he should? I said I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It's well known that Shanny is harder on the Wings.

Sorry, that sounded more confrontational than I intended. My frustration was directed at the inconsistency, didn't come across very well.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#59 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Absolutely no space early on. Can't do a damn thing offensively.

#60 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

I gotta admit. They look like dog poop right now, but hey so does NJ. So I guess we got that goin for us