• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/7 GDT: Panthers 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I'm sure most of you saw during the NJ game when FSD did the get to know the player graphic on Abby that he said his favorite book is the Hunger games, anyone else surprised that he admitted that?

I like the book too, not my favorite, but surprised he admitted it.

Haven't read the books. I thought the movies were pretty good though, especially the 2nd one. Based on the movies it doesn't seem that embarrassing to admit. It's not like he said Twilight or something.

Haven't read the books. I thought the movies were pretty good though, especially the 2nd one. Based on the movies it doesn't seem that embarrassing to admit. It's not like he said Twilight or something.

No, not as bad as Twilight, but I'm guessing he caught a lot of flack in the locker room for it.

A random list of guys making roughly the same salary as Weiss (who earns just shy of $5 million):

James Neal (Pittsburgh) $5,000,000

Brad Marchand (Boston) $4,500,000

Marian Hossa (Chicago) $5,275,000

Martin Havlat (San Jose) $5,000,000

David Backes (highest payed player on St. Louis) $4,500,000

Evander Kane (Winnipeg) $5,250,000

David Legwand (highest payed player on Nashville) $4,500,000

Ryan Kessler (Vancouver) $5,000,000

James Neal - Needs an elite center to be effective. Has the luxury of playing with Malkin and Crosby.

Brad Marchand - Will never be anything more than a superpest who hovers around 20-25 goals, and his scoring won't carry into his 30's.

Marian Hossa - This one I'll grant you, although aging and recently beset by injuries.

Martin Havlat - Are you kidding me? Almost completely worthless at this point. Has not done a thing in years. Last time he was effective was in a Blackhawks jersey.

David Backes - See Brad Marchand, although a little tougher.

Evander Kane - Again...are you kidding me? Shows flashes once in a while but produces nowhere near his potential. Constantly embroiled in some trade discussion. I question his attitude, work ethic and commitment to the Jets.

David Legwand - Another "Are you kidding me?" player. Has never been anything more than decent offensively. Rises to the top lines because he's the least inept of all the Predators' forwards on offense. Leading a franchise who has never had a truly great offensive player in offensive categories does not impress me.

Ryan Kesler - I would grant you this one a few years ago. Hasn't been the same player since the injury. He will never get back to 40 goals.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

The Wings had a kind of quiet control over the game last night in NJ. I think they'll carry that forward tonight. 3-2 Detroit. It's gonna be a bigger grind than many think. Let's say Alfie pops in a goal with 4 minutes to play and Detroit wins.

I was there too. I agree - I thought they played textbook Babcock small ball last night winning battles along the boards and grinding it out. I dont know how it looked on tv but in the rink it looked like a well executed game plan.

These are the games we need to win. The wins against the lowly teams of the league. Points add up at the end of the season. Let's put them away tonight and come out with some energy. Two starts in a row for Monster. would love to see him win his 9th! Go Wings!

I was there too. I agree - I thought they played textbook Babcock small ball last night winning battles along the boards and grinding it out. I dont know how it looked on tv but in the rink it looked like a well executed game plan.

Watching on TV it wasn't the most exciting, but in the end a win is always exciting.

James Neal - Needs an elite center to be effective. Has the luxury of playing with Malkin and Crosby.

Brad Marchand - Will never be anything more than a superpest who hovers around 20-25 goals, and his scoring won't carry into his 30's.

Marian Hossa - This one I'll grant you, although aging and recently beset by injuries.

Martin Havlat - Are you kidding me? Almost completely worthless at this point. Has not done a thing in years. Last time he was effective was in a Blackhawks jersey.

David Backes - See Brad Marchand, although a little tougher.

Evander Kane - Again...are you kidding me? Shows flashes once in a while but produces nowhere near his potential. Constantly embroiled in some trade discussion. I question his attitude, work ethic and commitment to the Jets.

David Legwand - Another "Are you kidding me?" player. Has never been anything more than decent offensively. Rises to the top lines because he's the least inept of all the Predators' forwards on offense. Leading a franchise who has never had a truly great offensive player in offensive categories does not impress me.

Ryan Kesler - I would grant you this one a few years ago. Hasn't been the same player since the injury. He will never get back to 40 goals.

What's the point of grading all these players. Would you give a "Are you kidding me?" to Weiss. He is by far the worst out of that list