• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/7 GDT: Panthers 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Ha. Not when we're playing against teams playing a back to back.

I'd like to see your data on this.

We have actually been pretty decent in back to backs this season. There's no reason to get all up in arms after this loss there was a lot of things working against us. The big picture is this team has won 5 of the last 7 with Datsyuk injured and next game he returns with Dekeseyer not far behind him

I'd like to see your data on this.

Just my observation from over the years. Too many times we play teams who played the night before, and those teams don't seem to look tired. I'm guessing it's because the Wings don't play a style that wears teams down enough.

The back to back excuse is pathetic. Everyone plays tons of back to back games throughout the year. It's part of the NHL schedule, especially in this last calendar year, with a shortened season last year and now the Olympics coming up in February.

They just have to deal with it and compete harder on a nightly basis. No one can say this is one of the hardest working teams in the league. At least not so far. I put that on Babcock and the players. They should have played harder last night.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Just my observation from over the years. Too many times we play teams who played the night before, and those teams don't seem to look tired. I'm guessing it's because the Wings don't play a style that wears teams down enough.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see.

http://www.ajsplays....-stats.html?m=1

Last years back to back stats.

Aaaaaaand the stats back it up :lol: Teams are worse on back to backs, especially on the road. And the Wings were one of the better back to back teams......

Edited by Nev

Also travelling to two cities and injuries to a lot of key players lol. This is not the kind of loss to freak out about they'll be other ones that we can worry about

Having said that though I think we played pretty poorly the last 2 games and it could be a sign of things to come. Our losses usually come in bunches but hopefully getting Datsyuk back will jump start these guys motivation

We have actually been pretty decent in back to backs this season. There's no reason to get all up in arms after this loss there was a lot of things working against us. The big picture is this team has won 5 of the last 7 with Datsyuk injured and next game he returns with Dekeseyer not far behind him

I can get behind this.

For me, this is one of those losses that stings like hell for 48 hours...and then disappears from my mind forever. Because it's really not a big deal.

When dealing with craptastic performances from my Red Wings, I've found it really does help to keep things in perspective. I don't mean "Hockey is just a game. Get over it," because no one wants to hear that. I mean, e.g., How deep are we into the season? (Remember: it's an 82-game season. That's a very forgving number.) Or, How many players are out with injuries? Are we dealing with adversity? Have we seen the team fully healthy and playing the best hockey it can play? Etc.

Ultimately, when I ask those big questions, I feel pretty good about where we are. We've had to deal with injuries to literally almost everyone on our roster. Right now we're missing our top three centers (two of them being the best players on the team) and our third-best defenseman. That leaves us with an incredibly iffy lineup that I honestly wouldn't trust to beat the Sabres or Panthers reliably, never mind win five out of seven (though I suppose this current version of the Broken Wings is only 1-2). If you'd told me that we'd be losing all of these key players but coming away with a pretty impressive winning record (and seeing guys like Franzen, Nyquist, and Tatar really elevate their play), I'd happily take that future.

The big thing is that we haven't seen the real Red Wings this season. Maybe a game here or there, but, for the most part, it's been a banged-up and/or really out-of-sorts shell of the team we know this team can be. Considering that, the fact that we're challening for first in the division and conference is extremely encouraging. If we can get rolling and be the team we're capable of being (hell, just having our top three centers back would be nice enough), we're going to do some damage. If we can add a top-four defenseman or top-six winger on top of that, the Conference Finals = reachable.

Edited by Dabura

Yeah, this is it. You can be trying your hardest, but sometimes your body just won't respond. If the tank is empty, doesn't matter how hard you push the pedal, you ain't going any faster.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see.

Aaaaaaand the stats back it up :lol: Teams are worse on back to backs, especially on the road. And the Wings were one of the better back to back teams......

I was talking about the Wings record when the other team is facing a back to back.

Back to backs can take the legs but it shouldn't effect the compete level.

Kinda hard to compete when you can't move your feet.

I agree. The point I was trying to make though is even if your tank is empty its easy to spot someone whos just not trying hard. That was most of the team saturday. Hopefully they five a better effort tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2