• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

12/10 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Panthers 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Defense has needed work for awhile and Howard's in a slump. Howard's been outstanding with crap defense for long stretches of time in the past and generally he's been very good for us. Chances are he'll come around.

Doesn't it ever get old bagging on the starting goalie?

I never "bagged" on him, I am actually asking because he flip flops all game every game between blaming the D, Weiss, and Howard, and he had just blamed Howard 3 seconds before blaming the D. Go through the game day posts for Jossuf and you will see I tell no lies

I'm not a Howard hater but how can anyone constantly stick up for this guy. Do you guys like trolling? We just don't win with him, ever. Come on,all these two goal blown third period leads are absurd. It's not a coincidence.

just a thought on this but i could be wrong. on the play before florida's tying goal a florida player reached high and gloved the puck into the crease where a scrum ensued. should the play not have been blown dead pretty much immediately and the faceoff outside?

instead the faceoff stayed inside and they scored.

Howard shouldn't start Til after the Winter Classic he is such a choker

Despite defending Howard, I will say this with a great deal of conviction: unless things shift dramatically over the next two weeks, Gus should absolutely get the Winter Classic start. He's more than earned it as this season's gone on and Howard hasn't. It'd be the right time to send that kind of a message to Howard. To be clear, the playoffs would absolutely be the wrong time. If Gus continues to have a great year through the end, he'll sign somewhere for more money and we should be happy for him. Howard's our starter for the long run. It'd be a terrible decision to bench him in the playoffs in favor of a guy that's likely leaving when we have many years ahead of us with Howard.

If we start Gus in the playoffs, we're trading Howard in the offseason and signing Gus as the new starter.

Does anyone think that's even remotely likely to happen?

Gus: Winter Classic starter.

Howard: Playoff starter.

Edited by gcom007