• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

12/10 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Panthers 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I still can't figure out how a team that was playing so well just a week and a half ago is now so aggressively terrible.

We're bad against bad teams and good against good teams. Doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it is and has been for some time now.

I was fully expecting us to drop at least one of these two Panthers games, especially with the whole Weiss angle.

Edited by Dabura

I guess you're right. Really speaks to the mental frailty of this team if that's true.

Is it mental frailty? Or maybe they just aren't that good.

Considering the veterans we have on this team and the demeanor they try to portray I have a hard time believing that they get out of sync mentally or lose focus. I really think the team just isn't that good. We've been on the decline ever since losing in '09, but we have yet to really rebuild. It caught up to us a while ago, Holland for what ever reason just doesn't want to pull the trigger though.

One more thing. This team lacks an identity. What are we supposed to be? We're not a puck possession team. We're not a physical grinding team. We're not a solid defensive team. We're not a speedy team. We're just kind of a mix of things that averages out into nothing.

I wish I started a running total if the games where Detroit would go into the 3rd period and go on to lose the game. That's the major problem right now that will come back to bite us.

I feel the same way about two-goal leads. I had a running count, but I stopped because it became depressing, and also because I got to thinking I was jinxing the team. (Turns out I wasn't, we just suck.)

Jesus how many games is Howard going to blow this season, good thing he got paid .

He may have blown the second goal (and the shoot out), but you can't just sit back when you have a two goal lead. We managed to get only 7 shots in the third. Howard's contract is a good one. He's slumping for sure, but it happens to all players.

How are people freaking out about this loss? Come on. We played a bad 3rd but we only lost because Howard is incapable of winning hockey games right now. Both goals were saves that Monster would have made. Then he basically allows 3 out of 3 in the SO (got lucky Huberdeu missed his attempt, he was lost).

And we also had some bad luck with the s***ty GI call and some missed open nets and Kronwall's crossbar shot. It certainly was far from a game where we lost because the team is built the wrong way or the coaching was bad or anything.

One more thing. This team lacks an identity. What are we supposed to be? We're not a puck possession team. We're not a physical grinding team. We're not a solid defensive team. We're not a speedy team. We're just kind of a mix of things that averages out into nothing.

Totally agree. This is one of my assorted dead horses that I try not to beat too often.

This current team is an end-of-the-line (RIP) team. I imagine all eyes in the organization are locked firmly on the future.

Jesus how many games is Howard going to blow this season, good thing he got paid .

Yeah, he lost the shootout.

But, as far as regulation and OT, allowing 2 goals in 65 minutes is not 'blowing it.'

Scoring only 2 goals in 65 minutes is closer to blowing it than allowing 2.

Totally agree. This is one of my assorted dead horses that I try not to beat too often.

This current team is an end-of-the-line (RIP) team. I imagine all eyes in the organization are locked firmly on the future.

Which isn't to say the team is bad. It's actually very good. Or, is capable of being very good.

How long are we going to be an "end-of-the-line" team? Are all eyes in the organization REALLY firmly locked on the future? Because I still see guys like Cleary and Samuelsson being brought in repeatedly. That philosophy is all well and good...when you don't have the talent to win now. We do have the talent to win now. Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

We played well enough to win. Defense couldn't handle the pressure in the 3rd added with Howard being terrible in pressure situations. That's the recipe for almost all of our losses. There's no reason for Howard to get another start until Gus has a stinker. Babs has a history of putting certain players well being over the teams success though so who knows. I don't think he has as much sympathy for Howard as he does for Cleary, Weiss and Bertuzzi

WTF? I left the game when we were up 2-0 and I check when I got home and we lost 3-2 in OT. That's enough ... play Gus till he hits a bad streak. Stop fooling around and try to get Howie 'going' ... it's not going to happen till the playoffs maybe. Damn this is frustrating ! 2 losses to Florida ... pathetic.