Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

12/10 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Panthers 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#21 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I don't mind Abby up on line 2 that much, but I was about to start throwing a fit seeing #11 on line 2...then I remembered Cleary wears #71 now.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#22 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'm happy to see Pavs back and all, but honestly, I get most excited about watching Tatar  and Nyquist these days.  Beginning of the year I watched every game because I am a fan and want to see them win.  But it was more "ho hum, lets see if the same old thing yields good results tonight".  Now, I'm legitimately excited to see what these two can do every night.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#23 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Any lineup with Sammy out is pretty good despite having Cleary and Weiss in there still. LGW!!

#24 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm happy to see Pavs back and all, but honestly, I get most excited about watching Tatar  and Nyquist these days.  Beginning of the year I watched every game because I am a fan and want to see them win.  But it was more "ho hum, lets see if the same old thing yields good results tonight".  Now, I'm legitimately excited to see what these two can do every night.

Same goes for me, its so refereshing to be excited about literally anyone other than Datsyuk/Z being on the ice. The beginning of the season was painful to watch with cleary sammy bert n abby being in the top 6.

#25 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Same goes for me, its so refereshing to be excited about literally anyone other than Datsyuk/Z being on the ice. The beginning of the season was painful to watch with cleary sammy bert n abby being in the top 6.

Any lineup with Cleary and Sammy makes me want to puke.  But I have no problem with Bert or Abby in the top six under certain circumstances.  Abby has been good with Alfie and Helm and Bert was good with Dats and Z.  So depending on how the lines shake out when everyone is healthy, I don't necessarily mind those guys in those spots. 

But I definitely agree with the general theme of your post.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#26 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

just win

aVjpjgG.gif

#27 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Let's go Wings!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#28 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Love Babcock and all, but I just can't wrap my head around why he continues to put Abby on the 2nd line. And I don't wanna hear "oh it's to have balance on the 2nd line." If "balance" means to have a guy out there who has never been and will never be a top line guy, then let's please not go for balance. There's a reason most gritty players are 3rd and 4th liners (aside from the ones who regularly contribute offensively, which Abby does not). At this point I'm just hoping and praying that when Z returns, Babcock will finally lose his man-crush on Abby and put him on the 3rd or 4th line where he belongs.

He puts Abby in the top six because of puck retrieval, which he's quite good at.  I don't think Babs cares if he scores or not.  It's not like it's out of the blue either.  Early in the year we had serious trouble with one and done offense and on a line with Weiss (soft) and Alfie (old) having a guy who can go get the puck isn't the worst idea in the world.

Edited by kipwinger, 10 December 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#29 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

He puts Abby in the top six because of puck retrieval, which he's quite good at.  I don't think Babs cares if he scores or not.  It's not like it's out of the blue either.  Early in the year we had serious trouble with one and done offensive and on a line with Weiss (soft) and Alfie (old) having a guy who can go get the puck isn't the worst idea in the world.

He was also exceptional there for us towards the end of last season.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#30 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

I still don't mind seeing Abs in that role - I think he does it well. He has a role, he knows his role... and he shuts his mouth.

That being said, I'm most excited to see what that 3rd line can do. Really hope they light it up.

#31 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I still don't mind seeing Abs in that role - I think he does it well. He has a role, he knows his role... and he shuts his mouth.

That being said, I'm most excited to see what that 3rd line can do. Really hope they light it up.

I'm most excited about the fact that you subtly made a reference to The Rock in that post.  FOR THE MILLIONS............

#32 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm most excited about the fact that you subtly made a reference to The Rock in that post.  FOR THE MILLIONS............

I'm glad someone understood the reference, and didn't think I was just being passive aggressive  :lol:

#33 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm glad someone understood the reference, and didn't think I was just being passive aggressive  :lol:

Well here's to hoping that Pav gives the people's elbow to the Panthers in his return tonight.

#34 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

These references to the Rock make me want to see a people's elbow delivered to Cowen next time we play the Sens... I'm going to miss the first part of this game due to my senior high concert tonight. Nothing like having to do the extended dress rehearsal the day of the concert and losing 4 other rehearsals leading into the 2 weeks before the concert due to snow.

I'd be a very happy man if the Wings were blowing out the Panthers when I got home (curly fries optional but requested). Yes, I'm greedy, since the news of Stevie Y playing the alumni game isn't enough, I want a decisive win tonight. Let's Go Wings!
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#35 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I dont wanna hear about these ROODY POO, JABRONIS takin it to our wingers tonight.

#36 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

Perhaps the question one should ask is.... Can you smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll..... What the Mule is cooking?

I hope Weiss breaks out tonight instead of playing like a jabroni. :)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#37 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Would really love to see Weiss post one and get a helper tonight. Hell, I'd take that any night.

#38 FLWINGSFAN4013

FLWINGSFAN4013

Al the Octopus

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Last chance....anybody want an absolutely free ticket to tonight's game?

#39 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

If Weiss scores tonight I'll make him my avatar - do it Weiss the stakes are high.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#40 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Serious question here! Am I the only one one that thinks Big Bert should be in the top six pretty regularly? I have always felt a lot of Bert hate around here but I frigging love the snarl he brings.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.