Yzerman commits to Alumni Game roster!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Detroith99

Detroith99

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Good thing he committed Yzerman would have some backlash not showing up at all givin Fedorov is showing up

FYI: Currently they are installing the center ice logo at comerica park rink right now!
http://redwings.nhl....ge.htm?id=93923

Edited by Detroith99, 10 December 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#42 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

The perfect human, THE captain one the ice one more time just wow. God I wish someone would build a Delorean

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#43 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I was just trying to imagine what these guy would have been like if they were all playing in their primes. 

I was also wondering what the salary would be for this game if they were payed in modern dollars based on the pay from their highest years.

I think I'll just go back to smiling.

I can see why Stevie was hesitant to commit given his knees and other commitments.  It's easier to change a "maybe" to a "yes" than to a "no".

#44 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

I was just trying to imagine what these guy would have been like if they were all playing in their primes. 

I was also wondering what the salary would be for this game if they were payed in modern dollars based on the pay from their highest years.

I think I'll just go back to smiling.

I can see why Stevie was hesitant to commit given his knees and other commitments.  It's easier to change a "maybe" to a "yes" than to a "no".

I really think and believe this roster would have exceeded the 100 million mark easily and the best part of it, the best owner in all of sports would have paid it without thinking twice. Seeing these two alumni teams just proves how stupid and boring the league has become post 2005.

kftx.jpg

#45 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

tumblr_inline_mxm48iMFbL1qfzv2v.jpg

this is gonna be so awesome

I hope I don't have to work so I can watch this

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#46 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Stevie Y!! Super stoked. Early Christmas present for sure :)

#47 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

I imagine that #19 dude may get a fairly warm reception.

This event wouldn't have been the same without The Captain. Awesome news!

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#48 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wonder if the alumni are wearing the classic jerseys too anyone know? If so off to buy my #19 it's gonna be a best seller for sure

#49 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

I know this won't be popular, and I'm really happy that he's going to play, but it sort of burns my ass that it was such a begrudging acceptance.  If the game had been played last year like it was supposed to, we'd have never seen him in the Winged Wheel again.

Good for him finally coming around, but this is one fan who would have liked to see it happen differently.  When you play for one team your whole career and captain them to 3 Stanley Cups, occasionally you're going to be asked to do things like this, even if you're another team's GM.  Ya know?  Because it's hockey and we sort of take tradition seriously in this game.

I didn't really care for all the drama.  It isn't like no one knew this was happening.  It was years in the making. All that "oh, is there an alumni game?  I hadn't thought about it"  Come on, man

#50 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

I may actually break down in tears when he steps out on to the ice.

You will not be alone.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#51 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Does anybody have the full Alumni Rosters?

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#52 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Wonder if the alumni are wearing the classic jerseys too anyone know? If so off to buy my #19 it's gonna be a best seller for sure

http://toronto.ctvne...assic-1.1227670

image.jpg

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#53 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Someone asked me today:

What number is Stevie going to wear since his number's retired?

And then my brain exploded.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#54 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Coming here to escape the pain that is the GDT...

But anyways, YES!! STEVIES BACK!!

Christmas made!

#55 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

Should've put Stevie in net for the shootout tonight. Might have actually had a chance

#56 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

This many HOFers on the same ice and NBC or NBCSports doesn't broadcast it, then something is wrong.

For the love of god no. The last thing I want to hear while watching the greats of yesteryear is Eddie O, Piere ****** Canoe, and the NBC cronies. Only one man should be announcing this game and thats Kenny D.

#57 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

For the love of god no. The last thing I want to hear while watching the greats of yesteryear is Eddie O, Piere ****** Canoe, and the NBC cronies. Only one man should be announcing this game and thats Kenny D.

No, actually should be Dave Strader, if you want quality alumni.

#58 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

My jaded ass thinks it's the Wings who delayed the announcement.  I suspect they wanted to wait to see how ticket sales were doing.  This announcement coming a few weeks before the game when it's not sold out yet is the teeniest bit suspicious.  But I don't give a s***!!

HOT FREAKIN' DAMN!!   :yahoo:

Looking back at the interview with mick, this makes a lot of sense. If he never intended to play and the team knew that, I don't think they would have put so much emphasis on the AG during the interview. In hindsight, it looks like a ploy to drum up discussion. I know mick is not employed by the team, but that's just splitting hairs.

Either way, I don't care. This game is going to be awesome. I'm not even excited about the WC itself. The league pretty much ruined it.

#59 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Looking back at the interview with mick, this makes a lot of sense. If he never intended to play and the team knew that, I don't think they would have put so much emphasis on the AG during the interview. In hindsight, it looks like a ploy to drum up discussion. I know mick is not employed by the team, but that's just splitting hairs.

Either way, I don't care. This game is going to be awesome. I'm not even excited about the WC itself. The league pretty much ruined it.

The sad part about that is they aren't even done yet, at some point they are going to give the WC to teams that can't even fill their own (small!) arenas.

Anyway, I know I might be in the minority but I'm looking way more forward to the alumni game than the actual one. So many good memories and all-time greats on the ice on both sides, Clark, Domi  and cujo are nice to watch too. Should be an epic battle between two epic franchises, sadly the league doesn't show the respect, this game deserves.

kftx.jpg

#60 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

So Stevie is playing in game 2 of what ken Daniels says is accurate