• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

would you do this trade ...

Rate this topic

before anyone starts telling me off yes i realize weiss has a no trade and no i dont think the wings would give up on him just yet but just curious if

a - would you trade weiss to the islanders for vanek ?

and

b - do you think islanders would do it ??

im asking cause i think nyi might only because vanek is a ufa and its almost certain he wont be back and islanders are a market where alot of players dont wanna go there ( let the bashing begin)

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

before anyone starts telling me off yes i realize weiss has a no trade and no i dont think the wings would give up on him just yet but just curious if

a - would you trade weiss to the islanders for vanek ?

and

b - do you think islanders would do it ??

im asking cause i think nyi might only because vanek is a ufa and its almost certain he wont be back and islanders are a market where alot of players dont wanna go there ( let the bashing begin)

A - I would make that trade in an instant

B - The isles gave up a first, I believe a second, and Moulson for Vanek. No way we get him for just Weiss. Add a first and Pulkkinen and we might have a starting point for them.

I would do that trade at the moment. If you think this is who Stephen Weiss really is, always has been and always will be, you obviously haven't ever watched him before this season.

Anyways, the Isles would never do that deal. Vanek is a talented offensive player and Weiss is badly slumping.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

well vanek in ny has been a disaster , they have only 2 wins with him in the lineup since the trade so not exactly been doing great there either ... and we can still use the excuse "maybe a change of scenery would do weiss good" ??

+ like i said islanders cant attract free agents and weiss is locked up longterm thats the only reason why i suggested it , id maybe throw in someone like ferraro but no way im throwing in a 1st, cant see islanders getting 2 1sts for vanek at the deadline

No sane GM would take a chance on Weiss right now.

So yes, the Isles would probably accept that trade.

I see what you did there...Zing sir, zing indeed.

Judge's ruling?

I'll allow it. One point for you.

Edited by RedWang

Weiss would have to waive his NMC/NTC to be traded anywhere, and I really don't know if he would do that for a chance to play on the Island.

I would, though, throw a ton of eggs in the basket to get Vanek via UFA (if he makes it that far.)

I still support Weiss, it is still early, plus he has 4 more years on his contract. If I can choke myself and suffer through a couple of years of Sammy and a total waste of a year on Cleary, I am more than willing to give Weiss more than 30 games.

Once Hank and Helm are back, I would love to see Weiss center Nyquist and Tatar and see if his game can improve. Still, though, I want to give Holland this off season to try and get that #1 Right Winger for Pav, and then see if what Weiss can do without the revolving door of forwards he has been thrown with. I also still think Babcock is suppressing Weiss. It seems once you get in his dog house (Modano, Commodore, Tootoo) it's like giving birth to try and get out of it!

Weiss is with us, Holland wanted him last deadline, he got him over the summer. We all know that when Holland makes his choice, he NEVER admits a mistake and makes up for it. I am not saying Weiss is a mistake yet, but we all know that Holland always (almost always) rides out the contract. I am all for giving Weiss a couple of season's...hell, I have suffered through a crap ton of Franzen, I can have patience with Weiss...

But, to answer the OP question, if all parties were willing, hell yes I would trade Weiss for Vanek...