• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Why does this team sleepwalk against bottom feeders?

Rate this topic

As others have pointed out, this team suffers from an identity crisis. They don't do puck possession well anymore and they don't have the physicality or size to play a dump and chase, grind it out style.

When you have that lack of identity, you'll have some games where the team just looks lost.

Who knows, but with this mentality i'm expecting wins against Tampa and Pittsburgh. It seems like this has been an issue for a long time, it might be more balanced than it seems but we notice it more against bad teams because we go into the games anticipating an "easy win".

I'd be interested in getting a tally at the end of the season and look back at all of this teams losses and see how many are over .500 and how many were non-contending teams.

I guess the Wings just like taking it from the bottom.

They took it in the bottom now they here. Took it in the bottom now the whole team ****ing here! If they had kept it real from the (Puck) drop. They'd be winnin every night celly's on the way home. But no, they took it in the bottom now they here.

On a more serious note, I feel that this team lacks emotion. It was only what, 3 years ago that players would at least stick up for eachother a little bit? I don't see this anymore. It seems anytime a player is laying on the ice, all our guys just go to the bench and ignore what happened. Now, I don't like that good clean hits lead to fights all the time now, but for the love of god, if datsyuk is being hacked, cross checked, elbowed in the face, at least go shove the offending player around a bit. This team looks like zombies most of the time.

Edited by Kmahrle83

Guest mjtm77

Our coaching is no longer getting the best out of our team. Period.

Wow there, we just gained a Ton of ground with these winds. We are now in playoffs. Stop letting one loss rapidly change your opinion. It's annoying as s*** around here. We just got 7 out of a possible 10 points with an injured roster.

We are one elite Defenseman short of contending for a cup. I think management is just trying to get through the season. Kronner has stepped away from his highlight hits to avoid injury and forwards have taken notice and forecheck us harder than before. With Lids on, teams were afraid to pressure because no matter what an outlet pass will be the end result.

Im excited for the kids...they're so fun to watch because it's either a bonehead move or a highlight move.

We'll be alright.

And in the end, it's all about playing a full sixty-minute game.

Exactly, and what compounds the issue is that they surrendered an extra point and now have to go to Philly without their two best players.

Even if they are slumping, the Flyers have a lot of talent and Philly is a tough place to win for Detroit.

We are one elite Defenseman short of contending for a cup. I think management is just trying to get through the season. Kronner has stepped away from his highlight hits to avoid suspensions and forwards have taken notice and forecheck us harder than before. With Lids on, teams were afraid to pressure because no matter what an outlet pass will be the end result.

Im excited for the kids...they're so fun to watch because it's either a bonehead move or a highlight move.

We'll be alright.

Fixed. If he kept hitting like that he'd be in Shanny's office pretty quickly.

The Florida game had more to do with missing their 2 best players and leaders than anything else I think, along with Gustavsson remembering he's just a #2 goalie and not a good one like he was pretending to be earlier in the season.

Edited by DickieDunn

Fixed. If he kept hitting like that he'd be in Shanny's office pretty quickly.

The Florida game had more to do with missing their 2 best players and leaders than anything else I think, along with Gustavsson remembering he's just a #2 goalie and not a good one like he was pretending to be earlier in the season.

for sure there is no way i would want him as a starter his lucky his record is defiying his true play which is medicore at best Jimmy gets the shaft but clearly outplays him every game but the guys start forgeting how to score wshen jimmy is in the net i garentee if jimmy was in last night we would have won 4-1

Edited by sjr2012