• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nosyt612

Great Datsyuk Interview

Rate this topic

Not sure if this got posted yet but here's an interview translated by Dmitry Chesnokov who interviews dats often.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/chatting-pavel-datsyuk-olympics-hbo-24-7-sigmund-224655106--nhl.html

Puck Daddy posted another little piece of the interview.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kobe-lebron-arnold-sly-pavel-datsyuk-choices-164420393--nhl.html#more-id

Edited by nosyt612

He can be so funny one minute, then so philosophical and insightful the next. It's an interesting dichotomy. I think it's part of why he's so interesting and intriguing.

Honestly, could you imagine Crosby coming up with answers like this? :lol:

What book are you reading now?

“A friend of mine visited and brought three books. Treasures of the Valkyries by Sergei Alekseyev about Ivan the Terrible, The Great Outcast about Alexander the Great. And also Mikhail Zadornov’s Knyaz Rurik. Reading about history is very interesting.”

What books do you like – e-books or paper?

“Classical reading is when you can shuffle pages sitting by the fireplace. But in America you cannot always find the book you need, so sometimes I download it. It is convenient, but you don’t feel it with your fingers.”

Pasha is deep.

I wish there were more sit-down interviews with players instead of the fifteen-guys-with-a-mike type that we see after games where they answer the same predictable questions with the same predictable answers.

Pasha is deep.

I wish there were more sit-down interviews with players instead of the fifteen-guys-with-a-mike type that we see after games where they answer the same predictable questions with the same predictable answers.

You don't like those after-game interviews? I personally always wondered how the team was able to come away with a win, and you know the answer is good when the response is "Ultimately, at the end of the day, we ultimately had to look at ourselves in the mirror and ultimately keep fighting to win at the end of the day."

Pasha is just great, I love his honesty and how humble this magician seems to be. Personally, I will never ever blame a player for giving predictable answers, because some of the media asked questions are just dumb and they are really reaching for controversal answers. From my point of view I would just decline giving an interview and tell them I'm introverted and not comfortable infront of the media so don't bother asking me I WONT reply.

I don't oppose the after-game pressers. I just like the kind where they can sit down and ask more in-depth type of questions.

Usually the questions in the post-game interview are something like "Talk us through that last goal." which isn't a question at all. The questions pertain to the game, which is fine for a post-game interview.

I just like the longer ones like this one where they're sitting down and chatting one-on-one. They can talk about whatever they like and let their personality show through. It's nice when you don't have a lot of people trying to get in questions and the answers have to be quick so they can get in the next person's question.

Neither is bad; they're two different sets of circumstances. I just like this one better.

I don't oppose the after-game pressers. I just like the kind where they can sit down and ask more in-depth type of questions.

Usually the questions in the post-game interview are something like "Talk us through that last goal." which isn't a question at all. The questions pertain to the game, which is fine for a post-game interview.

I just like the longer ones like this one where they're sitting down and chatting one-on-one. They can talk about whatever they like and let their personality show through. It's nice when you don't have a lot of people trying to get in questions and the answers have to be quick so they can get in the next person's question.

Neither is bad; they're two different sets of circumstances. I just like this one better.

I like the sit-down interviews for example, with Datsyuk, as well. It's probably because he doesn't do the intermission/post-game drivel, so with Datsyuk it's a catch-up interview which is nice for a once-in-a-while thing. It definitely beats game after game of lazy questioning from John Keating like "take us through ____" or "how big of a win was this for you guys?" for a sweaty, tired player that's trying to catch his breath as he breaths hard into the mic trying to come up with a redundant answer while Keating sits there with a stupid grin.

I like the sit-down interviews for example, with Datsyuk, as well. It's probably because he doesn't do the intermission/post-game drivel, so with Datsyuk it's a catch-up interview which is nice for a once-in-a-while thing. It definitely beats game after game of lazy questioning from John Keating like "take us through ____" or "how big of a win was this for you guys?" for a sweaty, tired player that's trying to catch his breath as he breaths hard into the mic trying to come up with a redundant answer while Keating sits there with a stupid grin.

This exactly.

Pavel has great intelligence that can't be brought out in an English interview after a game in the locker room. His best interviews are the Russian pieces where he's sitting in a relaxed atmosphere.

“If you know everything, then you can’t change anything. What the point of living this year? But now everything is in our hands. There is a good toast: ‘If you want to know the value of a minute, ask someone who missed the train. If you want to know the value of an hour, ask someone in love who is waiting for his girlfriend…’ Just think how much time we spend doing nothing. And then this time is exactly what you don’t have to finish something."

Just great stuff.

Just great stuff.

The rough interpretation of the relativity theory.Can't remember the movie,but it was something like...one minute is very long to a man waiting on a train and very short to a man having beautiful girl in his arms.

Gotta love Pavs :)

This is one of the reasons I like this guy so much. He's a lot more than what we see of him. I'd like to get him out on the water in our boat next summer and just spend the day in the sun, catching fish and shooting the breeze. It would be a lot of fun.

Me too. I'd love to take him out on our boat next summer and let him fish to his heart's content. I told him about it when we were at camp, and his eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. When I told him the boat was big enough to sleep on, his eyes got wide and he said, "Really?" I think I peaked his interest. :lol:

Me too. I'd love to take him out on our boat next summer and let him fish to his heart's content. I told him about it when we were at camp, and his eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. When I told him the boat was big enough to sleep on, his eyes got wide and he said, "Really?" I think I peaked his interest. :lol:

You know you have to let him leave when he wants though Kira, right? ;)