Photo
- - - - -

Weiss, out Thursday (apparent groin/ab issue)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Per Bleacher Report, although I'm not sure of their reputation around the hockey world. Must be somewhere between ESPN and decent.

That's two natural centers, an elite winger who plays very well at center, and one of our best all-around players, let alone defenseman, on the shelf.

All I can say is...with how it's gone lately...crap. Next piece of bad news, please.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg, 11 December 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#2 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Prolly see something like this for tomorrow.

Nyq dats bert
Tats mule alfie
Abby andy miller
Sammy emdog cleary

But with Babs who knows..

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Per Bleacher Report, although I'm not sure of their reputation around the hockey world. Must be somewhere between ESPN and decent.

That's two natural centers, an elite winger who plays very well at center, and one of our best all-around players, let alone defenseman, on the shelf.

All I can say is...with how it's gone lately...crap. Next piece of bad news, please.

i like your scale for reputation around the hockey world :P

honestly though, weiss being out isn't really bad news... it's not good either..

I would hope for him to be healthy and find a rhythm of some sort of course but, at this point, it just kind of doesn't matter with the way he's been playing lately.

But with Babs who knows..

Sammy-Pav-Cleary

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

i like your scale for reputation around the hockey world :P

honestly though, weiss being out isn't really bad news... it's not good either..
I would hope for him to be healthy and find a rhythm of some sort of course but, at this point, it just kind of doesn't matter with the way he's been playing lately.

Sammy-Pav-Cleary

Well it doesn't get much worse than ESPN and, in the states, at least, it doesn't get much better than decent.

Losing a natural center who, despite what most here seem to think, has not been a defensive liability and has won faceoffs pretty well while struggling offensively is not good. That being said, it will only feed the anti-Weiss vitriol around here. Most probably only want the second line to succeed so they can heap on Weiss some more.

Samuelsson - Datsyuk - Cleary...on the fourth line.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg, 11 December 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#5 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

^^^ Bahaha id hang myself.

#6 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

^^^ Bahaha id hang myself.

So would Pav, trust me.

#7 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Well it doesn't get much worse than ESPN and, in the states, at least, it doesn't get much better than decent.

Losing a natural center who, despite what most here seem to think, has not been a defensive liability and has won faceoffs pretty well while struggling offensively is not good. That being said, it will only feed the anti-Weiss vitriol around here. Most probably only want the second line to succeed so they can heap on Weiss some more.

Samuelsson - Datsyuk - Cleary...on the fourth line.

yeah, i agree that its not good news.. it's just not terrible news really. I'd definitely rather have him in the lineup and I'm one of the few that still like the signing and think he'll be fine.

and the line of course, was for teh lolz at babs' expense :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Knowing babs the lines will probably be something like

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Cleary

Nyquist-Franzen-Alfredsson

Tatar-Andersson-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Samuelsson

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hopefully this is a good news kinda thing, not in the sense that Weiss is temporarily removed from the lineup, but in the sense that maybe Weiss has been trying to tough it out through an injury, and that may explain why he's been light on the puck and quick to pass to someone else when he does have possession.  Slump or no slump, Weiss' performance has not been typical of an NHL player.  If he has been playing through a groin injury, maybe a few weeks of rest will bring some spunk back to his game.

Edited by Echolalia, 11 December 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a cover for a healthy scratching.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

*Generic thought Weiss was already out as he does nothing etc. comment*

Just a shame he's not out long enough to bring a useful centre like Glendening up from GR.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#12 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a cover for a healthy scratching.

I also entertained this thought, to give him an excuse for his suckery/get the media off his back.
While also letting Babs sit him for said suckery.

#13 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I also entertained this thought, to give him an excuse for his suckery/get the media off his back.While also letting Babs sit him for said suckery.

It certainly makes sense. But, like pretty much everyone, I'm hoping he's been battling a really bad injury and that that's why he's been a ghost of a hockey player lately. Maybe he was going to address this awhile ago but the injuries down the middle kinda forced him to suck it up and stick it out for as long as possible.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 27m

Stephen Weiss talks about his latest groin injury. http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/red_wings_stephen_weiss_out_ag.html 

#15 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

At this point we are better off without him. He will be able to get his head and body straight and come back fresh later. Maybe watch our system a bit more and see how other centers position themselves on the ice and actually skate.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#16 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

It certainly makes sense. But, like pretty much everyone, I'm hoping he's been battling a really bad injury and that that's why he's been a ghost of a hockey player lately. Maybe he was going to address this awhile ago but the injuries down the middle kinda forced him to suck it up and stick it out for as long as possible.

I can see that, he had to suck it up till pasha was back otherwise wedve been missing our top 4 centers in Datsyuk,z,weiss, and helm.

#17 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Weiss hurt the part of his brain that tells him how to play productive hockey.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#18 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well can't we bring up some forwards from GR now that Zetterberg is on LTIR? I'd try Almquist or another D man too.

#19 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference if Weiss is in the lineup. The Cynic in me says....not so much

My wish: A healthy roster