• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Petr Mrazek called up

Rate this topic

hope he plays some games i personally think hes our future #1 and gonna be an elite nhl goaltender ,lets hope we get to see him play some games

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/red_wings_goalie_jimmy_howard_14.html

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I think by injured they mean injured.

A player with no history of anything more than a bruise on the knee all of the sudden tweaks his knee after a series of games where he's been sub-par at best. And its so happens that it's so bad while there is no indication or MRI or anything they are scratching him and calling up a Mrazek over 24 hours before the game. To me this screams 'he needs a couple days to sort out his head before they can try playing him again' move.

A player with no history of anything more than a bruise on the knee all of the sudden tweaks his knee after a series of games where he's been sub-par at best. And its so happens that it's so bad while there is no indication or MRI or anything they are scratching him and calling up a Mrazek over 24 hours before the game. To me this screams 'he needs a couple days to sort out his head before they can try playing him again' move.

I think he's legit hurt. It would make more sense to use the valuable call-up to bring up a forward (particularly a center) seeing as how Zetterberg, Weiss, and Helm are all injured.

I think he's legit hurt. It would make more sense to use the valuable call-up to bring up a forward (particularly a center) seeing as how Zetterberg, Weiss, and Helm are all injured.

ya i think hes definetly hurt since gus is playing anyways , why call up mrazek only to sit him down ... unfortunetly got a feeling mrazek will be sent back rather quickly and wouldnt be shocked if he didnt get a start , dont think howards injury is serious

Which is easily done by putting him on the bench. You must have gotten a new tin foil hat and wanted to try it out with this crazy conspiracy.

I think it's interesting that they already gave him a few days to clear his head, he gets one start and then he may need to clear his head again. I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I think there is more than one reason for this call up and Jimmy "having a few days off".

Too bad Petr wasn't playing last night in GR...we could have used him and might have won the game had he been there. Oh well...

i think its funny how fan opinion of howard has spiraled out of control. if you look at goalies with more than 10 games, howard is 28 out of 45 in save percentage. so even though he is having a bad season, thats still middle of the road. now, with a contract like his, expectations are higher than middle of the road. i get that. but people act as if he has been atrocious or something. gustavsson has been great and i am glad he has gotten a good number of starts. but the best goaltender in our organization is still jimmy howard. and if we want any legitimate playoff aspirations in the next few seasons, it means howard in goal.

let me throw out a little stat here:

the highest save percentage gustavsson has ever had in a season: 90.2

the lowest save percentage howard has ever had in a season: 90.8 (excluding his seasons with 4 or less games played)

gustavsson is playing great right now. but its a hot streak, nothing more. i for one am still behind howard. i feel the majority of his goals are due to poor defense not poor goaltending.

I don't have a problem with Howard he played fantastic for us in the playoffs and as long as he keeps that up I have no problems.

He does suck at shootouts and breakaways though. Hes a good positional goaltender but when it comes to reflex saves he is weak. I know we haven't been scoring a lot in shootouts but Howard hasn't made to many saves either, can't win shootouts when you give up 2 out of 3 shots or more per shootout. That third shot last game Howard didn't even react, not even an inch. He bites on the shooters first most almost everytime.

i think its funny how fan opinion of howard has spiraled out of control. if you look at goalies with more than 10 games, howard is 28 out of 45 in save percentage. so even though he is having a bad season, thats still middle of the road. now, with a contract like his, expectations are higher than middle of the road. i get that. but people act as if he has been atrocious or something. gustavsson has been great and i am glad he has gotten a good number of starts. but the best goaltender in our organization is still jimmy howard. and if we want any legitimate playoff aspirations in the next few seasons, it means howard in goal.

let me throw out a little stat here:

the highest save percentage gustavsson has ever had in a season: 90.2

the lowest save percentage howard has ever had in a season: 90.8 (excluding his seasons with 4 or less games played)

gustavsson is playing great right now. but its a hot streak, nothing more. i for one am still behind howard. i feel the majority of his goals are due to poor defense not poor goaltending.

Well said.

Also, Howard hasn't let in any really terrible goals either. And other than a game or two, hasn't gotten completely lit up. At the same time Monster's had some scary moments with rebound control and positioning.

But Gustavsson is finging ways to help the team win, and Howard isn't. That's where this skewed impression of Howard's performance is coming from.