• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/12 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Lightning 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

this team is straight up garbage.

i don't even watch any more. just check the box score to see how bad they lost.

what a bunch of f***in losers.

What's the deal with Datsyuk on the shootout lately?

He used to be absolutly electric to watch, now it's not even worth watching the replay....

I can't remember the last time I saw him deke in the shootout... Frustrating watching a guy with so much talent being so medicore....

you have to give him some credit he didnt do the same move he tried the last 4 times.

Pathetic. "I know the last 4 guys tried a shot to the low glove side, but maybe, just maybe... Nope"

That is two straight losses for Monster in 1-2 games, this time much worse. He held them off for 5 straight attempts in the shootout. Jimmy hasn't stopped two consecutive shootout attempts his whole career!

Someone mentioned the wrap around in the shootout, I believe if I recall correctly it's not possible because the play is considered dead once it crosses the goalie line on either side of the net. Going behind the net would immediately rule it a dead attempt. IF I remember that right.

But yeah, I don't care if it's Sammy at this point, get some dekes going out there, it's a mini all-star competition anyway pull out all the dangles and find a hole. Especially Pav, there's no excuse.

Someone mentioned the wrap around in the shootout, I believe if I recall correctly it's not possible because the play is considered dead once it crosses the goalie line on either side of the net. Going behind the net would immediately rule it a dead attempt. IF I remember that right.

But yeah, I don't care if it's Sammy at this point, get some dekes going out there, it's a mini all-star competition anyway pull out all the dangles and find a hole. Especially Pav, there's no excuse.

Pav is the only one with a legit excuse. Every goalie expects a deke, he needs to shoot every now and then. He also was close to finding that small opening but just couldn't. Shame no one else even made a simple forehand-backhand move.

To be fair, Bishop is known for having a bad glove, thats probably why they tried it this way. But honestly you can't give such a pathetic perfomance. It has to be in their heads right now, Bert and Dats are so much better at this usually.

True. Maybe Babs forgot to tell them that when a guy has a bad glove you still have to aim around the glove not directly into it.

I can't wait for this team to be fully healthy so that Dan Cleary will be gone because he is just awful. The highlight of the game was him running into Tatar who had a great scoring chance had the retard not hit him.

There is just no place for Cleary on this team. Honestly, lets be real, this team is much better when they have their actual team.

We have set a new NHL record ladies and gentlemen. How pathetic have we been lately? "With the loss tonight the Detroit Red Wings have extended the current NHL record of most consecutive shootout losses with their 11th. The last time the Red Wings won in a shootout F Damien Brunner scored the game winning goal against the San Jose Sharks on February 28th, 2013."

I can't wait for this team to be fully healthy so that Dan Cleary will be gone because he is just awful. The highlight of the game was him running into Tatar who had a great scoring chance had the retard not hit him.

There is just no place for Cleary on this team. Honestly, lets be real, this team is much better when they have their actual team.

Even when fully healthy, Cleary will still be here. Has been all throughout this miserable, embarrassing season and he's not going anywhere.

This is all because Holland chose Franzen over Hossa. No, really. I saw the flash-sideways. Franzen/Hossa is our Flight 815.

Love the Lost reference.

The Wings are stuck in shootout purgatory.

Edited by wings87

All terribleness aside I think we gotta acknowledge that Monster looked stellar out there. He gave the boys every damn chance to win this game.

LOL, this season is so bizarro-world. And yet, it's exactly what we've come to expect from the Wings.

If this was another half season i'd be more concerned. Knowing how many games still remain, that our point total so far this season all problems aside is surprisingly good, and that Zett will return, i'm not giving up hope that this squad can still contend and make playoffs. Even if Howard continues to struggle who can argue that Monster isn't a viable option until Jimmy picks it back up?