• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/12 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Lightning 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

The sad thing is they played an ok game and really should have won the game 4-2 or so. Alfie had at-least 2 golden chances he should have netted. I just cant believe they can go from having a solid game to looking that bad in a shootout. Even Dats looked like he has no confidence.

11 more points the wings couldve had. i would love to know if this team practices shootouts cause thats a lot of pts they could have from a skills competition. esp with all the skill on the team,

i guess im just glad fil didnt score

Some of those were from last season. Doesn't make it suck any less, though.

f*** even I'm embarrassed and I wasn't on the ice... next game SO lineup: Miller, Abby, Emmerton. If we are going to lose every SO id rather let these guys get some spotlight time.

id like to see cleary weiss and sammy next SO

11 more points the wings couldve had. i would love to know if this team practices shootouts cause thats a lot of pts they could have from a skills competition. esp with all the skill on the team,

i guess im just glad fil didnt score

They do practice, but apparently it's a waste of time.

Was it that bad, like, did we go full retard on shootout?

Every shooter shot right at Bishop, except for Bert, who just lost the puck and never came close to getting an attempt. Easily the worst shootout I've ever witnessed.

Seriously, a moment of thanks for Monster and his turnaround this year. Last season there was never this kind of faith in him and Howard got overworked. With Gustavsson's play this season, even bringing this team to OT and securing a point in a couple losses, I greatly appreciate him and his efforts. We might be in a much worse position in the standings without him.

Shootouts are getting old, not going to argue about how stupid of a concept it is to begin with but the Wings are obviously ineffective during it this season and something needs to run better going forward. Thankfully... there is no shootout in playoffs.

Seriously, a moment of thanks for Monster and his turnaround this year. Last season there was never this kind of faith in him and Howard got overworked. With Gustavsson's play this season, even bringing this team to OT and securing a point in a couple losses, I greatly appreciate him and his efforts. We might be in a much worse position in the standings without him.

Shootouts are getting old, not going to argue about how stupid of a concept it is to begin with but the Wings are obviously ineffective during it this season and something needs to run better going forward. Thankfully... there is no shootout in playoffs.

Gotta get there first. Last year, they barely got there. All these lost points are making it harder.

You'd think after the 4 shooters did the same thing the 5th guy would try something else. That's just stupidity

so I guess we did go retard. Was it least a valid effort? Or was the shots equal to a 5 year old trying to score?

To be fair last year there was no faith in him because he could never stay healthy enough give Jimmy breaks.

I will defend this team to the bitter end on a lot of things but the effort in the shootout is pathetic. If thats the effort we are going to put forth in the shoot out then we better find a way to win in OT or regulation.

What's the deal with Datsyuk on the shootout lately?

He used to be absolutly electric to watch, now it's not even worth watching the replay....

I can't remember the last time I saw him deke in the shootout... Frustrating watching a guy with so much talent being so medicore....

I don't get it either. I'd rather see him try one of his patented moves and get stopped than the lame things he's been trying lately.