• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Calgary Flames relieve gm Jay Feaster and John Weisbrod

Rate this topic

calgary continues to be one of the worst run franchises in the league.

i still don't see how they are planning on rebuilding through youth and the draft considering they haven't developed any good players in 10 years.

I wonder if Burkie is gonna pull a Leafs and attempt to speed up a rebuilding process that has been needed in Calgary since 2008? The last thing they need to do is act in haste, Feaster is a terrible GM, but I don't think Burke and his newly picked GM will be right for the process in Calgary. They need a couple top 5 picks to restock the cupboard that's been bare for a long time.

I wonder if Burkie is gonna pull a Leafs and attempt to speed up a rebuilding process that has been needed in Calgary since 2008? The last thing they need to do is act in haste, Feaster is a terrible GM, but I don't think Burke and his newly picked GM will be right for the process in Calgary. They need a couple top 5 picks to restock the cupboard that's been bare for a long time.

I think it depends on what kind of leash he has from ownership. If they say they want results sooner rather than later, hell speed up the rebuild process and vice versa. Anyway, I hope to see more truculence, pugnacity, and testosterone from the Flames.

calgary continues to be one of the worst run franchises in the league.

i still don't see how they are planning on rebuilding through youth and the draft considering they haven't developed any good players in 10 years.

I feel like Calgary actually has some pretty decent talent that they've drafted recently, but from what I've heard today it seems like Burke isn't too high on a few of those guys.

I feel like Calgary actually has some pretty decent talent that they've drafted recently, but from what I've heard today it seems like Burke isn't too high on a few of those guys.

they always draft guys they are excited about but then they never pan out... heck look at baertschi; 12 or 18 months ago he was the second coming of iginla. fans and media were super pumped about him. now he is a vast underachiever that just got sent down. before that, they were super pumped about backlund. thought he could finally be a creative center for iginla to play with. hes put up a whopping 73 points in 200 games.

they have a pretty good history of not developing talent. an the worst part is often when they at least develop servicable nhl'ers they leave and then play better in other places. (nystrom, mcelhinney, and prust are examples)

heck even look at their captain giordano. he had to go play in russia for a year because they didnt want to offer him a contract. luckily he managed to develop, but they even tried to screw that one up!

and just to clarify a couple things - i am not saying baertschi is a flop. he still has plenty of time to turn it around. and i am also not saying guys like prust and nystrom went on to be stars. just that they were more successful after leaving calgary.

From NHL:

Brad Treliving has been named the new general manager of the Calgary Flames, according to a report from Bob McKenzie of TSN.

The Flames have been looking for a new GM since Jay Feaster was fired on Dec. 12. Brian Burke, the team's president of hockey operations, has been serving as acting GM for the past four months.

Elliotte Friedman of the CBC reported the announcement will be made Tuesday.

That didn't take that long, did it now?

Pizza for everybody!!!

Edited by cusimano_brothers

they always draft guys they are excited about but then they never pan out... heck look at baertschi; 12 or 18 months ago he was the second coming of iginla. fans and media were super pumped about him. now he is a vast underachiever that just got sent down. before that, they were super pumped about backlund. thought he could finally be a creative center for iginla to play with. hes put up a whopping 73 points in 200 games.

they have a pretty good history of not developing talent. an the worst part is often when they at least develop servicable nhl'ers they leave and then play better in other places. (nystrom, mcelhinney, and prust are examples)

heck even look at their captain giordano. he had to go play in russia for a year because they didnt want to offer him a contract. luckily he managed to develop, but they even tried to screw that one up!

and just to clarify a couple things - i am not saying baertschi is a flop. he still has plenty of time to turn it around. and i am also not saying guys like prust and nystrom went on to be stars. just that they were more successful after leaving calgary.

Nothing against the Flames but I always had a big laugher when Feaster would enter the podium and make one of "his choices" and then states "well we had this guy very high on "our" list". I believe Baertschi lost confidence in himself after a certain guy named Burke slammed him via the media pretty hard. Monahan was a great pick I think this kid will someday be your next captain.

Never read about this GM really surprised it wasn't a "bigger" name such as Benning or Botterill but I'm also glad you guys avoided the GMGM bomb :-)