• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Mick doesn't travel because his diet requires gluten free food.  At least that's what he said last year.  He talked about it a lot.

Edit: Would anyone like to see Drapes give it a shot?  He seems more personable than Ozzie.

I'd have to think that Draper wasn't interested in the job, because I can't see how Ozzie would have been hired over him.  He's much more conversational and is much more comfortable in front of the camera than Ozzie is.

Homer.

Homer has a good sense of humor and is a big goofball, but that robotic sounding voice would drive me bats*** if I had to listen to it for any length of time. 

Love Ozzie but he sounds like he needs to catch his breath after 2 or 3 sentences

Yes, this.  I couldn't put my finger on it, but it does sound like that and it's distracting and irritating to listen to.

#22 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Draper would have been great!  He's always made me laugh, he's very clever and comfortable with the media.  So was Ozzie, though, when he played.  I have wondered what his issues are with the on-air situation, but then again - he's a goalie.  By definition, they're all odd - perhaps Ozzie less so than most?   They all seem to be different people on the ice hiding behind their masks and clad in hockey armour.  Maybe that's it.  Put a helmet on him.   ;)

I am a raving Mickey-Maniac, so I am not truly happy unless I hear his voice on the broadcast.  But I can see how he is relieved to not be traveling as much, perhaps.  I am really happy I met him last year when the Wings were in Nashville.   

Aside from meeting Z, Lids, and Dom (years ago), getting to meet Mickey might have been my favorite meet-the-Red-Wing moment.  :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever