• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukToZetterberg

Weiss out until "at least after Christmas"

Rate this topic

weiss has been s*** so far, him out of the line up will not help him get his game back. thats all their is to say.

Actually it might. He could be playing through injuries and some time off could make him closer to 100% when he returns. It also could be beneficial for him to get a mental breather and a fresh start. I really hope we see a different Weiss upon his return, otherwise he's probably a lost cause.

The fact with Weiss is, this far into the season he's made roughly 2 million dollars and the dude has 4 points...Not to sound like a broken record but with our talented rookies I would love to try and swing a trade, perhaps New Jersey & perhaps BRUNNER...he's still a Red Wing, you can tell. I bet he still wears his Zetterberg Jersey to sleep.

You said he was noticeable the same way as Datsyuk or Zetterberg, and that he made the team harder to play against every night. Neither statement is true. There were too many games, especially last season, where he looked completely invisible. Not as bad as Weiss has this year, but still invisible nonetheless. Too easy to knock off pucks. I never thought of him as a guy that brought it ever game.

And he's not in the same league as Datsyuk or Zetterberg, although I doubt that's what you meant with your statement. Perhaps you could clarify what you meant.

And he didn't run Lecavalier out of town. Vinny had better numbers last year than Flip and is the franchise's best ever player. You really think Filppula runs a guy like that out of town? I suppose Johan Franzen ran Shanahan out of town back in 2006?

I'm going to start with the Lecavalier comment because it was ridiculous how far you forced my words out of context... When did I say he ran him out of town? Fil did not show up in Tampa and tell him to get lost this is my team now. Why would you even try to twist my words so strongly? Yzerman went after Fil because he is the type of player he wanted on his team, Yzermans goal was to decrease the amount of goals the team gives up and make them harder to play against. He has done that. When Yzerman goes after a guy that alone should prove to the oblivious people that there is a really good reason. You see how Tampa played us last night? Much different from their game in previous seasons, very little room and opportunities they gave up. Tampa bay is shifting to a stingy defensive trap team like the West plays, getting away from the open and exciting to watch East style of hockey..

Fil was visable every night. You just don't notice people unless someone is on the stat sheet. I watch the details of what a player brings to the team. Fil brought alot of things to the team that lightened the load for Z and Datsyuk. Zone entry is probably the biggest one. Not to many guys in the NHL for that matter can consistently break over the blue with clean possesion of the puck if the defensive team was able to set up their neutral zone trap. Fil was our go to guy for this. His defensive game was absolutely solid all over the ice. The guy could hold on to the puck almost as good as Z and Datsyuk in the offensive zone. The only thing that ever separated Fil from Z and D was instinct. He is not as good as either of those guys, but he is a VERY similar player and constantly is putting pressure of the other team. Having those 3 guys on the same team and you are going to be spending most of the game in the other teams zone. That's what makes you a great team. If you have the ability to spend the game in the offensive zone. Scoring or not Fil could spend most of his shifts floating around the O zone with the puck, which means the other teams second line or even first was being wasted playing defense. Regardless if he scored or not he contributed to winning the game. Things you people on the Internet don't bother to understand. If we were an open run and gun team then a players stats alone would say a lot more about their effectivness to the team.