• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/14 GDT : Penguins 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

We're tied with them for 14th in the NHL? I didn't know that!

Let's go, Red Wings, smack down at the Joe tonight! :boxing: De-flower Flower, OK, Gus Gus and Tater and Mule and Alfie? Or whoever else cares to contribute a goal or 3? No OT or SO, please...

Thanks for the cool GDT, Mike! Awesome job, as always!!

Oh pity all of you. You were saying the same before the Bruins game. No excuses tonight, Pittsburgh spent half a season + w/o Malkin and Crosby.

Actually, I had predicted we'd rout the Bruins. FWIW.

And I actually want to see Mrazek get the start so we have an excuse if we lose.

Zatkoff goes for Pittsburgh tonight. Should be good... then again back-ups love to play All-star against us.

He'll score.

God help us.

Yeah, cos they're like a whole 3 points ahead of us, with an even worse injury list.

I only want two things tonight - a win, and Crosby to get a good old fashioned Kronwalling :)

Actually, I had predicted we'd rout the Bruins. FWIW.

And I actually want to see Mrazek get the start so we have an excuse if we lose.

He'll score.

Really? I think he would do very well. He's great under pressure.

None the less, Sunday's game is really more important as I hear he's suppose to be in net.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Yeah, cos they're like a whole 3 points ahead of us, with an even worse injury list.

They're the could-probably-score-five-goals-while-playing-in-their-sleep Penguins. We're the currently-bumbling Wings, recent losers of a home-and-home with the Florida Panthers. On the whole, the Pens have been getting it done better than we have, and with - as you pointed out - an even worse injury list. And they have Crosby and Malkin, which is all a team really needs. And, unlike the Bruins, I think they'll really get up for their games against us, because of that SCF history.

Just saying.

Edited by Dabura

Really? I think he would do very well. He's great under pressure.

None the less, Sunday's game is really more important as I hear he's suppose to be in net.

Whoops, probably should've worded that better!

I'm a big believer in Mrazek. In all honesty, I'd be ok if he was our #1. I'm just saying, there'd be that convenient "Well, we played our AHL goalie" excuse. Not that I'm a fan of our team making excuses, of course.

They're the could-probably-score-five-goals-while-playing-in-their-sleep Penguins. We're the currently-bumbling Wings, recent losers of a home-and-home with the Florida Panthers. On the whole, the Pens have been getting it done better than we have, and with - as you pointed out - an even worse injury list. And they have Crosby and Malkin, which is all a team really needs. And, unlike the Bruins, I think they'll really get up for their games against us, because of that SCF history.

Just saying.

Look, they're a good team, but you folks are making them out to be the second coming of the 1970s Canadiens - just like folks here do about Boston, who we've beaten 2 out of 3 times. Pittsburgh have lost 10 games in regulation (that's more than us BTW ;) ). They played last night. Go to a Pens forum, see their fans weep and wail about Bylsma sucking, about their lack of forward depth. They're playing their backup. So are we, but ours has been awesome.

They might win, we might win, but this isn't Buffalo v Chicago.

Quite frankly my biggest concern is that Crosby's kryptonite is on LTIR.

And what the hell is going on with Helm? I thought he would've been back by now.

Helm, DeKeyser, and Zetterberg are all shooting for the 28th, I think.

Look, they're a good team, but you folks are making them out to be the second coming of the 1970s Canadiens - just like folks here do about Boston, who we've beaten 2 out of 3 times. Pittsburgh have lost 10 games in regulation (that's more than us BTW ;) ). They played last night. Go to a Pens forum, see their fans weep and wail about Bylsma sucking, about their lack of forward depth. They're playing their backup. So are we, but ours has been awesome.

They might win, we might win, but this isn't Buffalo v Chicago.

Quite frankly my biggest concern is that Crosby's kryptonite is on LTIR.

I'm still scarred from 2009. I pretty much stopped watching hockey for two years.

Mostly, though, I'm more worried about us being us than them being them. We could be playing the Sabres and I'd still be worried.

Helm, DeKeyser, and Zetterberg are all shooting for the 28th, I think.

I'm still scarred from 2009. I pretty much stopped watching hockey for two years.

Mostly, though, I'm more worried about us being us than them being them. We could be playing the Sabres and I'd still be worried.

I think that's the life of a fan. We as fans are constantly worried about something even when there's nothing to worry about.