• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/14 GDT : Penguins 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

This season is very depressing. It's not so much that I believe this team is bad or won't make the playoffs, but I simply just do not like the make up of this team, I dislike some of the players, the attitude, the current lines, and the GM's moves. I hope they start to pull there heads out there asses and actually ice the best team we can.

Yes I can't believe they've been scratching Zetterberg, Helm, Howard and Dekeyser lately. Now I hear Abby's getting pulled too?

I love the the way this team will look when healthy.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Andersson-Glendening

is my guess at a post- trade deadline lineup without injuries. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but Babcock seems to slowly be getting over his Cleary love affair and Bert will probably play his way out of the lineup by that point. The only question is Weiss but he could possibly be shuffled to the 4th line and Helm on 2nd if he keeps playing like he has been.

This season is very depressing. It's not so much that I believe this team is bad or won't make the playoffs, but I simply just do not like the make up of this team, I dislike some of the players, the attitude, the current lines, and the GM's moves. I hope they start to pull there heads out there asses and actually ice the best team we can.

I am feeling the same, the makeup of the current DetroitRedWings just seems to be missing something and it's not just grit, toughness given their streaky season so far it seems like the hunger to win and dedication has been lost. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but as a GM there needs to be a player turnover, otherwise mediocrity and country club atmosphere are the reward.

Also once again they didn't stick up for each other, Engelland ellbows Abdelkader and no reaction...Despite Z Pasha, Nyquist, Tatar, monster and Danny K there is nothing to like about this team. Maybe missing the playoffs will finally wake up the front office and this hanging on to spots will turn into some sort of a rebuild..

Anyway I'very thought other teams wouldn't play their enforcers against this team? For sure they do and why not the PP sucks.

Edited by frankgrimes

This is a game where everybody played well but we simply didn't have the fire power to compete. Can't fault anyone aside from the Defense. They know they suck we've grown to accept it and still manage to win the odd game.

Holland should watch other teams play and see how our defensive corps is miles below any playoff team.

Wings Defensemen are terrible. There should be one of Smith, Kindl and Quincey on a decent D lineup but not all of them playing at the same time night in and night out. It's starting to catch up they are well below an average nhl defensive corpse. Holland needs to make an upgrade because there is 3 defensemen in this lineup that could be part of a good team

This is a game where everybody played well but we simply didn't have the fire power to compete. Can't fault anyone aside from the Defense. They know they suck we've grown to accept it and still manage to win the odd game.

Holland should watch other teams play and see how our defensive corps is miles below any playoff team.

Wings Defensemen are terrible. There should be one of Smith, Kindl and Quincey on a decent D lineup but not all of them playing at the same time night in and night out. It's starting to catch up they are well below an average nhl defensive corpse. Holland needs to make an upgrade because there is 3 defensemen in this lineup that could be part of a good team

But how do you really feel? :lol:

Yes I can't believe they've been scratching Zetterberg, Helm, Howard and Dekeyser lately. Now I hear Abby's getting pulled too?

I love the the way this team will look when healthy.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Andersson-Glendening

is my guess at a post- trade deadline lineup without injuries. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but Babcock seems to slowly be getting over his Cleary love affair and Bert will probably play his way out of the lineup by that point. The only question is Weiss but he could possibly be shuffled to the 4th line and Helm on 2nd if he keeps playing like he has been.

Wow what a stupid response.

Look, they're a good team, but you folks are making them out to be the second coming of the 1970s Canadiens - just like folks here do about Boston, who we've beaten 2 out of 3 times. Pittsburgh have lost 10 games in regulation (that's more than us BTW ;) ). They played last night. Go to a Pens forum, see their fans weep and wail about Bylsma sucking, about their lack of forward depth. They're playing their backup. So are we, but ours has been awesome.

They might win, we might win, but this isn't Buffalo v Chicago.

Quite frankly my biggest concern is that Crosby's kryptonite is on LTIR.

Arghghghghg! Their rookie backup is from Detroit!!!

If I'd have know that I wouldn't have been remotely bullish last night :(

Story of the week zero leadership without Z(even with all those precious veterans) plus we are even worse without Weiss and Sammy :ninja:

I seem to remember losing 7 straight games and I'm pretty sure Z was in the lineup so to believe that he is this fabulous leader is a bit silly. This team sucks and the coaching staff seems to be stuck on playing old farts and lines that make no since.

For sure they are a good team, but the point is they've played their backup (who has what 3 NHL games?) so only getting one behind him is pathetic.

I expected a loss so not a big deal but at least compete, get mad and avenge Abdelkader, someone ellbows him, ellbow one of their better players. I fully understand not wanting to go after Engelland, because the guy is as tough as they come but there are other guys like Depres, Cindy Sutter or Malkin (getw ell soon)

The game was up for grabs until Crosby scored with like 7 minutes left. I think the wings were the better team for the majority they just don't have any fire power or luck it seemed. That and special teams. Kill off one of those penalties or score on one of those power plays and it would be a totally different game

I am feeling the same, the makeup of the current DetroitRedWings just seems to be missing something and it's not just grit, toughness given their streaky season so far it seems like the hunger to win and dedication has been lost. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but as a GM there needs to be a player turnover, otherwise mediocrity and country club atmosphere are the reward. Also once again they didn't stick up for each other, Engelland ellbows Abdelkader and no reaction...Despite Z Pasha, Nyquist, Tatar, monster and Danny K there is nothing to like about this team. Maybe missing the playoffs will finally wake up the front office and this hanging on to spots will turn into some sort of a rebuild.. Anyway I'very thought other teams wouldn't play their enforcers against this team? For sure they do and why not the PP sucks.

Overall I agree, though I don't think we could miss the playoffs in the East unless we tried. But think about how the players in GR are dominating, despite having top players being taken to play for the wings. We can go down the list of players on this team who Holland would can create addition by subtraction by trading, waiving, and not signing in the 1st place. Not to mention, as a fan this game isn't 100% about winning, you do have to have some components of entertainment. There isn't passion, I'm not saying having fights every 10 seconds, or run other peoples stars. But as a fan if it pisses you off to watch Datsyuk get nailed, how as a friend of his does it not create some sort of actual reaction? The team has a ton of talent and really could probably just cut some losses, and bring up players up from GR. Oh and lastly I really hope 24/7 explains why Babcock plays the lines he does..