Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Let's go Dead Things.

#362 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

have no cap space and most players youd want to trade either have a NTC or NMC or wouldnt be worth anything. 

Salary cap is about to increase. There are plenty of ways to get it done.
http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=695203

#363 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

So that gives us what 5 goals in the last 4 games now? fantastic result.

#364 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Salary cap is about to increase. There are plenty of ways to get it done.
http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=695203

maybe next year then but im sure holland top priorities are bringing back sams clears and bert

#365 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

I wish Babs would scratch a D man

Kinky.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#366 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

maybe next year then but im sure holland top priorities are bringing back sams clears and bert

Well.....we could go ahead and sign Cleary for 15 years at 500K per season and could free up some more space. I'm sure that's what they are doing right now.

#367 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

So that gives us what 5 goals in the last 4 games now? fantastic result.

And two of them by Quincey and Cleary. 

Quincey and Cleary. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#368 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

This season is very depressing.  It's not so much that I believe this team is bad or won't make the playoffs, but I simply just do not like the make up of this team, I dislike some of the players, the attitude, the current lines, and the GM's moves. I hope they start to pull there heads out there asses and actually ice the best team we can. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#369 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

@NHLPlayerSafety: Deryk Engelland will have an in-person hearing on Wednesday for an illegal check to the head of Justin Abdelkader.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#370 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

This season is very depressing.  It's not so much that I believe this team is bad or won't make the playoffs, but I simply just do not like the make up of this team, I dislike some of the players, the attitude, the current lines, and the GM's moves. I hope they start to pull there heads out there asses and actually ice the best team we can

Thats going to be pretty hard when we are missing 2 of our top 3 centers and a top 4 d man

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#371 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

This season is very depressing.  It's not so much that I believe this team is bad or won't make the playoffs, but I simply just do not like the make up of this team, I dislike some of the players, the attitude, the current lines, and the GM's moves. I hope they start to pull there heads out there asses and actually ice the best team we can. 

I feel the same. Good call.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#372 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings are calling up Tomas Jurco from Grand Rapids for tomorrow's game with Abdelkader out, Ken Holland said.

Aw yeah

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#373 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

http://kuklaskorner....medium=facebook

for those who felt the head hit to Abby was clean and legal.  I guess we shall see.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#374 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

It's tough to get over the frustration after a game like this when we play well and still lose, especially when these type games keep piling up.

Maybe it's like they say in baseball that broken bat hits and line drive outs even themselves out at the end of the year, let's hope that these losses even themselves out and we start winning games that we shouldn't as well as games that we should.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#375 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

Excited to see Jurco. Hope he tears it up like Nyquist and Tatar, though it's unlikely.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#376 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#377 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Yes I can't believe they've been scratching Zetterberg, Helm, Howard and Dekeyser lately. Now I hear Abby's getting pulled too?

I love the the way this team will look when healthy.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Glendening

is my guess at a post- trade deadline lineup without injuries. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but Babcock seems to slowly be getting over his Cleary love affair and Bert will probably play his way out of the lineup by that point. The only question is Weiss but he could possibly be shuffled to the 4th line and Helm on 2nd if he keeps playing like he has been.

#378 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

This season is very depressing. It's not so much that I believe this team is bad or won't make the playoffs, but I simply just do not like the make up of this team, I dislike some of the players, the attitude, the current lines, and the GM's moves. I hope they start to pull there heads out there asses and actually ice the best team we can.

I am feeling the same, the makeup of the current DetroitRedWings just seems to be missing something and it's not just grit, toughness given their streaky season so far it seems like the hunger to win and dedication has been lost. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but as a GM there needs to be a player turnover, otherwise mediocrity and country club atmosphere are the reward.

Also once again they didn't stick up for each other, Engelland ellbows Abdelkader and no reaction...Despite Z Pasha, Nyquist, Tatar, monster and Danny K there is nothing to like about this team. Maybe missing the playoffs will finally wake up the front office and this hanging on to spots will turn into some sort of a rebuild..

Anyway I'very thought other teams wouldn't play their enforcers against this team? For sure they do and why not the PP sucks.

Edited by frankgrimes, 15 December 2013 - 02:04 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#379 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

This is a game where everybody played well but we simply didn't have the fire power to compete. Can't fault anyone aside from the Defense. They know they suck we've grown to accept it and still manage to win the odd game.

Holland should watch other teams play and see how our defensive corps is miles below any playoff team.

#380 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

Wings Defensemen are terrible. There should be one of Smith, Kindl and Quincey on a decent D lineup but not all of them playing at the same time night in and night out. It's starting to catch up they are well below an average nhl defensive corpse. Holland needs to make an upgrade because there is 3 defensemen in this lineup that could be part of a good team