• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#21 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm not expecting a win tonight but you never know. And what the hell is going on with Helm? I thought he would've been back by now.

#22 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

They're the could-probably-score-five-goals-while-playing-in-their-sleep Penguins. We're the currently-bumbling Wings, recent losers of a home-and-home with the Florida Panthers. On the whole, the Pens have been getting it done better than we have, and with - as you pointed out - an even worse injury list. And they have Crosby and Malkin, which is all a team really needs. And, unlike the Bruins, I think they'll really get up for their games against us, because of that SCF history.

Just saying.

Look, they're a good team, but you folks are making them out to be the second coming of the 1970s Canadiens - just like folks here do about Boston, who we've beaten 2 out of 3 times.  Pittsburgh have lost 10 games in regulation (that's more than us BTW ;) ).  They played last night.  Go to a Pens forum, see their fans weep and wail about Bylsma sucking, about their lack of forward depth.  They're playing their backup.  So are we, but ours has been awesome.

They might win, we might win, but this isn't Buffalo v Chicago.

Quite frankly my biggest concern is that Crosby's kryptonite is on LTIR.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#23 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

I didn't have one with a Red Wings hat but I think it still fits.

Attached File  IMG951636.jpg   53.6KB   2 downloads

Edited by wings87, 14 December 2013 - 04:22 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#24 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

And what the hell is going on with Helm? I thought he would've been back by now.

Helm, DeKeyser, and Zetterberg are all shooting for the 28th, I think.

Look, they're a good team, but you folks are making them out to be the second coming of the 1970s Canadiens - just like folks here do about Boston, who we've beaten 2 out of 3 times.  Pittsburgh have lost 10 games in regulation (that's more than us BTW ;) ).  They played last night.  Go to a Pens forum, see their fans weep and wail about Bylsma sucking, about their lack of forward depth.  They're playing their backup.  So are we, but ours has been awesome.

They might win, we might win, but this isn't Buffalo v Chicago.

Quite frankly my biggest concern is that Crosby's kryptonite is on LTIR.

I'm still scarred from 2009. I pretty much stopped watching hockey for two years.

Mostly, though, I'm more worried about us being us than them being them. We could be playing the Sabres and I'd still be worried.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#25 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Helm, DeKeyser, and Zetterberg are all shooting for the 28th, I think.

I'm still scarred from 2009. I pretty much stopped watching hockey for two years.

Mostly, though, I'm more worried about us being us than them being them. We could be playing the Sabres and I'd still be worried.

I think that's the life of a fan. We as fans are constantly worried about something even when there's nothing to worry about.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#26 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

Going to the game tonight. I'm 0-2 this season so hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.  :drunk:

#27 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

i think it will be a tough game for the wings. im gonna say 3-2 final score for the penguins.

#28 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Why is Abby playing on the 2nd line ? Should be Nyquist - Mule - Tatar since they play great together. Tatar has also been better around the net then Abby this year. Tatar might not be big, but he plays big.

Edited by darkmanx, 14 December 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think that's the life of a fan. We as fans are constantly worried about something even when there's nothing to worry about.

True. But what I mean is, basically, this lineup lost two straight to the Panthers, and we collapsed against the Flyers, and we didn't get it done against the Lightning, and we squeaked out a win over the Devils. And, generally, one of the last teams I'd like a struggling Wings team to play is the Penguins. So there's some justification for being worried.

Look, I think we probably blow them out, even though we couldn't beat the Panthers. Because that's how we roll. Bad against bad teams, good against good teams, great against great teams. I'm just saying.

Why is Abby playing on the 2nd line ? Should be Nyquist - Mule - Tatar since they play great together. Tatar has also been better around the net then Abby this year. Tatar might not be big, but he plays big.

Gotta spread the wealth. Our bottom six needs some scoring punch. Also, I'm not sure if I like the idea of Tatar going up against Malkin.

Actually, wait...is Abby playing on the first or second line? I'm not even sure what the top six looks like. But I know we need Tatar in the bottom six. Otherwise it's all defensive forwards.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Helm is shooting for the 28th? What the hell? Didn't say it wasn't a big deal and he'd be out there in a week? Wow.

#31 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

True. But what I mean is, basically, this lineup lost two straight to the Panthers, and we collapsed against the Flyers, and we didn't get it done against the Lightning, and we squeaked out a win over the Devils. And, generally, one of the last teams I'd like a struggling Wings team to play is the Penguins. So there's some justification for being worried.

Look, I think we probably blow them out, even though we couldn't beat the Panthers. Because that's how we roll. Bad against bad teams, good against good teams, great against great teams. I'm just saying.

Gotta spread the wealth. Our bottom six needs some scoring punch. Also, I'm not sure if I like the idea of Tatar going up against Malkin.

Actually, wait...is Abby playing on the first or second line? I'm not even sure what the top six looks like. But I know we need Tatar in the bottom six. Otherwise it's all defensive forwards.

I'm with you the concern with this team has been there all year, but i'm more excited about this game then any game so far this season.

I expect a good game since they do tend to play up to the competition. But, yeah the worry is there that it might be another dud especially with all the injuries.

#32 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

They're playing a team that is without Lemieux, Jagr, or Francis. If they're going to beat them tonight's the night.

Posted Image

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

They're playing a team that is without Lemieux, Jagr, or Francis. If they're going to beat them tonight's the night.

Great, because we're missing Fedorov, Shanahan, Lidstrom, and Howe. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

I didn't have one with a Red Wings hat but I think it still fits.

attachicon.gifIMG951636.jpg

Works for me. 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Gonna be a slow GDT tonight, huh? 

#36 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'd be surprised if it didn't pick up. Saturday night against the Pens is big, is coming into holiday season though.

#NOMOREKINDL

#37 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Just finished cooking dinner with my wife, settling in for the game. I will be cracking open the birthday present she got me a few days early: a bottle of Macallan 15 year Fine Oak. Hopefully the spirits will be good luck for the Wings.

I'm hoping things click for the Wings in a big way and they demolish the Pens.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#38 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm optimistic. The Wings play good against strong opponents usually. And if a bottle of 15y old Macallan doesn't do the job then nothing would. ;) 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#39 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Letang a late scratch for Pittsburgh with an injury.

#NOMOREKINDL

#40 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

A point would be nice but I'm not expecting much.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..