• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RyaN_84

Thornton suspended 15 games.

Rate this topic

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

not official yet.

someone needs to upload a better video cause it looks like thorton barely hit orpik

anyway thorton took out the wrong guy shoulda took out neal. you want to talk about s*** that shouldnt be in a game.

I would have gone for someone else. I mean hell, if you're gonna be out for that long, it should have been you know who. If anyone deserved to have their face rearranged...

I guess that means we better not even breathe on those precious pansies.

Guest RyaN_84

keep the votes and discussion coming!
i was going to edit the poll. cause im seeing a lot of people on other site forums saying thornton should've gotten more then 15 games (myself included).
but i think i will just leave it.!

I think it's about right. He attacked the wrong guy, from behind, after the whistle, slew footed him, and punched him while he was down. It was a VERY ugly incident and I'm not a fan of it. Having said that, Neal should have got more too.

And how many games did Oprik get for taking out Loui Eriksson earlier in that same game who is now out with a concussion? Oh, none...that's right.

Oprik should be suspended as well after he gets off IR.

I fell bad for anyone injured, but Oprik got instant Karma and I feel nothing for him.

Also those refs in that game should be suspended. 2 guys out with concussions, a broken leg and Marchand almost got his head kneed off. Terrible officiating.

I don't have a problem with 15 games for this. I do have a problem with

Neal - 5 games for deliberately kneeing a defenceless player in the head

Clarkson - 2 games for going out of his way to lay a hit to the head on a unsuspecting player, and being a repeat offender.

Cowan - 0 games for deliberate elbow to the head, causing concussion on superstar.

Honestly for all the good Shanahan uses, they may as well employ Judge Nutmeg and his Wheel of Justice

nutmeg.jpg

wofj.jpg

And how many games did Oprik get for taking out Loui Eriksson earlier in that same game who is now out with a concussion? Oh, none...that's right.

Oprik should be suspended as well after he gets off IR.

I fell bad for anyone injured, but Oprik got instant Karma and I feel nothing for him.

Also those refs in that game should be suspended. 2 guys out with concussions, a broken leg and Marchand almost got his head kneed off. Terrible officiating.

Orpik should have got suspended for a clean hit that wasn't even assessed a penalty? Okay.

Orpik should have got suspended for a clean hit that wasn't even assessed a penalty? Okay.

Man, I really hope you're not defending Oprik. He's a POS who's been suspended before, is known as a dirty player and has taken knee on knee liberties with many players including our own boys.

To me, what happened to Oprik is Karma at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08q-kYPbfIs

Man, I really hope you're not defending Oprik. He's a POS who's been suspended before, is known as a dirty player and has taken knee on knee liberties with many players including our own boys.

Regardless of your disdain for Orpik, the hit was clean. It doesn't warrant a non-hockey related retribution.

Also, I know it's Helene, but this doesn't surprise me:

@HeleneStJames: Several NHL players I've spoken to opined Neal kneeing Marchand worse than what Thornton did to Orpik. Neal got 5 games, Thornton, 15.

Wonder what Mario L., Sindy C and the rest of this ***** organization promised Bettman and Shanahan for only giving Neal 5 games? If you giveThornton (first time offender) 15 there is no way that SOB named Neal can get away with 5. Can't wait, till some tough teams are going to take this crybabies by the horns and run Sindy + Malking out of the building. This coupled with the non suspension for that Flyers thug just makes so happy again knowing, that Shanahan will never ever hang at the in the rafters at the Joe.

Guy completely sold himself out, no integrity at all.

Edited by frankgrimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08q-kYPbfIs

Orpik is a dirty POS. If you respond to dirty play with dirty play, you have no room to talk though. If I was in Thornton's position and Orpik wouldn't go, I'd line up one of his guys and drive him through the boards would a good clean hit and tell him to thank Brooks for the hit.

I am still confused as to how Orpik was injured. I have watched the play 20 times. He doesn't hit his head on the ice, he doesn't get punched by anything more than short rabbit punches and his head doesn't appear to snap back at all. I don't think Orpik is faking it but what happened ?

Also, if he gets 15 games why did Emery get zero ? That was an attack in my opinion.

15 games seems fair considering what went down.

That said - I hope Marchand squares off with Neal, and later on this season Thornton hits Orpik hard against the boards every chance he gets.

You know, given your predilection for the fighting part of the game, I'm actually impressed with how even handed this post was. Kudos to you for recognizing that what happened was unacceptable, and giving a reasonable assessment of what should have happened based on your preferred interpretation of the game. While I disagree, I can at least respect you logic...and that is nice considering how things have been around here recently. Good f****** post man.

I am still confused as to how Orpik was injured. I have watched the play 20 times. He doesn't hit his head on the ice, he doesn't get punched by anything more than short rabbit punches and his head doesn't appear to snap back at all. I don't think Orpik is faking it but what happened ?

If you watch it closely, Thornton catches Orpik right on the chin with the first (gloved) punch, by the time he hits Orpik with the second (bare fisted) punch Orpik is already out cold.

Edited by Nev