• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 1 Discussion (12/14)

Rate this topic

Preeeetty boring, tbh.

Imagine how fun this show would have been years ago, if Lilja and Downey were still around?

Then again, the Wings did this in 2003, back when we had personalities like Shanny, Chelios, Hull, etc. Hard to find personalities like that.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Imagine how fun this show would have been years ago, if Lilja and Downey were still around?

Then again, the Wings did this in 2003, back when we had personalities like Shanny, Chelios, Hull, etc. Hard to find personalities like that.

Homer would have been the whole show :)

God, 24/7 would've been perfect for Lilja and Downey :lol:

I think Tootoo would be great. But it looks like he's pretty much done as a Wing.

I'm not gonna lie, I was let down.... It felt like an hour long interview with highlights plugged in.... In previous years it wasn't near as many interviews and more just the fly on the wall aspect...

Yes,can't decide what is more annoying,lack of emotions from our guys or cockiness from the Leafs players lol

Not great, and I had really looked forward to this. Tater Tots reading the roster was cute, and the shot of Bert swilling bad Mexican cerveza was a slightly interesting moment. Because it's HBO, they say f*** a lot, along with variations of epithets inclusive of that censored word.

Perhaps the negative tone (re: both teams) was part of the 'drama' angle? I found it depressing, basically.

Otherwise, I hate Phaneuf. But Joffrey Lupul is fun to look at.

I am like others here in that I can only wish for this show with some of our former players. It would have been epic!

Incredibly let down. Where is the coverage on Datsyuk and Zetterberg? Those are celebrity status players in Detroit... Not Smith, Quincey, Helm. Maybe theyre saving best for last who knows.

Injured?

Love this show, not sure what you guys were expecting. Tatar reading the lineup was hilarious. Phaneuf is like the villainous boyfriend of the dorky guy's love interest in a rom-com. In the end I think Kessel gets Elisha.

Babcock behind the scenes is great. "I thought the league wanted MORE goals!". Also this should probably clear up that he's not to blame (too much) for the team sitting back on leads.

I only hope they waste less time in coming episodes on slow-motion montages set to (admittedly great) emotionally evocative music. I want a bit more lockerroom stuff and seeing what the guys do outside the rink, great moment with Helmer & Co. out at dinner.