• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 1 Discussion (12/14)

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

On hockey central at noon today nick complained about this show. Said it was horrible. Take his optinon for what it's worth, but he will be the new bob from tsn

Who cares if its boring or not? These are hockeyplayers not actors and some of them are introverted and don't like cameras all around them. This HBO thing is just starting to get annoying.

Personally, I'd tell them don't film me I am not comfortable infront of cameras and don't want you guys to follow me around, pleaser understand that.

I'm sure a lot of players have mentioned that ^^ I can't imagine Franzen getting a lot of screen time.

I think Datsyuk will have a prominent role in the upcoming episdoes

Nick kypreos is such a tool. What kind of opinion would he have on good television. He's just not supporting the show and all the sheep that listen to him will believe what he says.

The irony is that Nick Kypreos would have been great on 24/7 back in his day. His nickname when he was a Ranger was Forrest Gump, because whenever the cameras were filming something important, Kypreos would be there.

I was underwhelmed by the episode. I felt like HBO was just calling it in with this one, going through the motions. About half way through the toaster scene, I was like "CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON??"

If anyone has not seen the episode, the full episode is on NHL.com

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=89&id=513581〈=en

Why do I even pay for HBO.........

You can't create drama. I think that episode nothing really even happened so yeah it was kinda boring. Still pretty cool. They should have shown something about how the plywood was put up in Florida would have been funny

True, but that's what a good producer/editor does. They should be able to take boring material and make it interesting. I enjoyed the episode, just thought it fell flat.

I think Episode 2 on Saturday will be much better. The 1st intermission against the Ducks...the OT win against the Flames...the episodes tend to get better throughout the weeks. Though the bar has been set very high throughout the past few seasons. IMO.

@iamtrevort: Even the camera crew from #HBO 24/7 was excited about the #Redwing win vs #Flames. I watched one high-5 another & say, we're off the snide!

Ha! Given how superstitious hockey players are, they've probably been giving HBO the evil eye whenever they see them.

I was underwhelmed by the episode. I felt like HBO was just calling it in with this one, going through the motions. About half way through the toaster scene, I was like "CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON??"

Why do I even pay for HBO.........

Move on? But Randy wants toast damn it!

Speak of which, players are not on the suspension phone call? I thought it was weird he had to find out through his coach and not directly from the call itself.

Same here, I mean shouldn't the player be the first one getting the call? It's about him, then phone the GM and then the coach. Still can't believe, how much class Phaneuf showed by not slamming the door hitting the wall or stuff like that, if I were him I'd be heavily pissed.

Also creating drama, is just stupid. Both franchises are way to storied for buying into any prewritten stories and I'm thankful for that. Personally, what I'd really like tos ee would be Kenny and Nonis talking about trades with other GMs, how the coaches are going through the tactical preparations and some other game related stuff. Seeing their superb cars, awesome mansions just makes me realize how much I'd love to have all that stuff too, so that's why I'd rather NOT see it at all *g*