Photo
- - - - -

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 1 Discussion (12/14)

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#101 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Doesn't come close to espn's "The Season" , but we had so many more characters on that team.

And the narration is so slow.

#102 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Outta curiosity - did anyone catch what Quincey said to the waitress concerning the fan wanting to buy the guys a round of shots?

He said something to the effect of "tell him we'll do a round of fish tacos instead".

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#103 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

It always baffled me why fans would buy the players drinks.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

#104 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

On hockey central at noon today nick complained about this show. Said it was horrible. Take his optinon for what it's worth, but he will be the new bob from tsn
Posted Image

#105 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Who cares if its boring or not? These are hockeyplayers not actors and some of them are introverted and don't like cameras all around them. This HBO thing is just starting to get annoying.

Personally, I'd tell them don't film me I am not comfortable infront of cameras and don't want you guys to follow me around, pleaser understand that.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#106 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm sure a lot of players have mentioned that ^^ I can't imagine Franzen getting a lot of screen time.

I think Datsyuk will have a prominent role in the upcoming episdoes
Nick kypreos is such a tool. What kind of opinion would he have on good television. He's just not supporting the show and all the sheep that listen to him will believe what he says.

#107 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

The irony is that Nick Kypreos would have been great on 24/7 back in his day.  His nickname when he was a Ranger was Forrest Gump, because whenever the cameras were filming something important, Kypreos would be there.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#108 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

If anyone has not seen the episode, the full episode is on NHL.com

http://video.nhl.com...=513581&lang=en

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#109 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

I was underwhelmed by the episode.  I felt like HBO was just calling it in with this one, going through the motions.  About half way through the toaster scene, I was like "CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON??"

If anyone has not seen the episode, the full episode is on NHL.com

http://video.nhl.com...=513581&lang=en

Why do I even pay for HBO.........

#110 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

You can't create drama. I think that episode nothing really even happened so yeah it was kinda boring. Still pretty cool. They should have shown something about how the plywood was put up in Florida would have been funny

#111 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

You can't create drama. I think that episode nothing really even happened so yeah it was kinda boring. Still pretty cool. They should have shown something about how the plywood was put up in Florida would have been funny

True, but that's what a good producer/editor does.  They should be able to take boring material and make it interesting.  I enjoyed the episode, just thought it fell flat.

#112 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

I just want to say, phaneuf came across as a total dweeb. Who wears a pre-tied bowtie?

#113 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

Sick I'm going to watch this right now. Does anyone know if nhl.com will have all of the episodes up?

#114 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

I think Episode 2 on Saturday will be much better. The 1st intermission against the Ducks...the OT win against the Flames...the episodes tend to get better throughout the weeks. Though the bar has been set very high throughout the past few seasons. IMO.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#115 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

...and the crowd at the Joe for the Calgary ot win needs to be a major character in that episode, they were awesome.

#116 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

@iamtrevort: Even the camera crew from #HBO 24/7 was excited about the #Redwing win vs #Flames. I watched one high-5 another & say, we're off the snide!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#117 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

@iamtrevort: Even the camera crew from #HBO 24/7 was excited about the #Redwing win vs #Flames. I watched one high-5 another & say, we're off the snide!

Ha!  Given how superstitious hockey players are, they've probably been giving HBO the evil eye whenever they see them.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#118 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

I just want to say, phaneuf came across as a total dweeb. Who wears a pre-tied bowtie?

Speak of which, players are not on the suspension phone call? I thought it was weird he had to find out through his coach and not directly from the call itself.

#119 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Do I detect a tad bit of jealousy?

;)

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#120 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

I was underwhelmed by the episode.  I felt like HBO was just calling it in with this one, going through the motions.  About half way through the toaster scene, I was like "CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON??"

Why do I even pay for HBO.........

Move on? But Randy wants toast damn it!

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen