• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Jurco Called Up

Rate this topic

I'm pretty juiced about this kid. Prior to Mantha being drafted I figured Jurco and Frk to be the next really solid prospects coming down the pipeline. So far Frk hasn't panned out for me, but still pumped about Jurco. To be honest though, I still think this kid is a year or two away. I view this call up a little like when Tatar was called up three or four years ago and scored in his first game. I can't imagine he'll be on the team next season.

Guest Crymson

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/detroit_red_wings_recall_forwa.html

Looks like Jurco will make his Debut tomorrow, let's hope he'll get more than 5 min on the fourth line to show what he can do.

Babcock is looking for firepower. Jurco will get time on the 2nd PP unit, and will take Tatar's place on the 3rd line; Tatar will move up to play with Datsyuk and Alfredsson.

I'm 95% sure of this.

maybe someone on the lightning will take a run at him and no one on the team will do anything about it.

Exactly how many times has the opposition "taken a run" at a player this season? Engelland? Kicked out of the game. McLeod? Kicked out of the game, and Tootoo was on the ice at the time. And so on.

Cleary- Cleary- Cleary

Cleary-Cleary-Cleary

Cleary-Cleary-Sammy

Jurco-Datsyuk-Bert

I certainly won't hide my frustration about Cleary (obviously). Eaves is vastly more effective. Dano can't even receive pucks properly anymore, let alone actually do anything with them. It's borderline-infuriating to see the guy continue to see the proverbial light of day while more deserving players are benched or stuck in Grand Rapids.

I know Babcock puts a tremendous amount of value on hard work, but Cleary's presence on the ice is a waste in every fashion. More, it's not like Tootoo and Eaves aren't hard workers themselves.

The very obvious fact is that Cleary should have been waived instead of Eaves or Tootoo.

Edited by Crymson

Exactly how many times has the opposition "taken a run" at a player this season? Engelland? Kicked out of the game. McLeod? Kicked out of the game, and Tootoo was on the ice at the time. And so on.

This. It annoys me that people think having a tough guy around will prevent these things from happening in today's game. It won't.

Not saying there is anything wrong with having some sandpaper in the lineup, it would be welcome. But it would not prevent the whole "guys taking a run at players" thing. Ridding the instigator rule sure would though.

I'm pretty juiced about this kid. Prior to Mantha being drafted I figured Jurco and Frk to be the next really solid prospects coming down the pipeline. So far Frk hasn't panned out for me, but still pumped about Jurco. To be honest though, I still think this kid is a year or two away. I view this call up a little like when Tatar was called up three or four years ago and scored in his first game. I can't imagine he'll be on the team next season.

I think he's got a decent shot at making the team next season. We need four or five things up front: size, speed, skill, youth, and all-around "firepowah." Jurco has all of that, and some brain-splattering skillz and instincts. Plus, he's a natural right-winger, as opposed to a left-winger we'd slot in on the right side (see: Bertuzzi, Cleary, Abdelkader, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, pretty much everyone ever). But there are, of course, many factors to consider. Would it be right for his development? Can he grow a decent 'stache? Etc.

Edited by Dabura

Babcock is looking for firepower. Jurco will get time on the 2nd PP unit, and will take Tatar's place on the 3rd line; Tatar will move up to play with Datsyuk and Alfredsson.

I'm 95% sure of this.

I certainly won't hide my frustration about Cleary (obviously). Eaves is vastly more effective. Dano can't even receive pucks properly anymore, let alone actually do anything with them. It's borderline-infuriating to see the guy continue to see the proverbial light of day while more deserving players are benched or stuck in Grand Rapids.

I know Babcock puts a tremendous amount of value on hard work, but Cleary's presence on the ice is a waste in every fashion. More, it's not like Tootoo and Eaves aren't hard workers themselves.

The very obvious fact is that Cleary should have been waived instead of Eaves or Tootoo.

I agree. The call up makes no sense if he doesn't get a chance to score. What's the point otherwise?...just taking a look at him? Seems like an odd time for that.

Detroit is 12-1-3 when they score 3 or more goals this season. They're 3-9-6 when they score less than 3.

I think he's got a decent shot at making the team next season. We need four or five things up front: size, speed, skill, youth, and all-around "firepowah." Jurco has all of that, and some brain-splattering skillz and instincts. Plus, he's a natural right-winger, as opposed to a left-winger we'd slot in on the right side (see: Bertuzzi, Cleary, Abdelkader, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, pretty much everyone ever). But there are, of course, many factors to consider. Would it be right for his development? Can he grow a decent 'stache? Etc.

I mean, I definitely agree that he's got the best shot of any Griffin to make the team. I just don't see it happening yet, given that while impressive he's still got some sizeable holes in his game. Then again, maybe he'll be like Lashoff and really thrive at the NHL level. Who knows?

Also, looking at his pics I'm fairly sure he won't be able to grow a sweet stache until he finally hits puberty.

LGW logic: "I really hope Babs gives Jurco top six time the whole game to give him a chance to show something. Maybe even time with Datsyuk!!! *plays with Datsyuk majority of the game* Man this first line sucks it's totally hampering Datsyuk put Tatar up there. Oh wait Nyquist is playing great with Datsyuk play him on the first line instead of this kid playimg his first NHL game."

And yet we complain about Babs not giving lines enough time to get something going.

He looked good. Nervous at first but looked more comfortable in the last 2 periods. He had some nice plays and seemed able to handle the defensive part and the physical side.

Looks more NHL ready than I thought he would. Shame he probably has no chance to make the roster this year.

I like what ive seen from jurco. I do believe he will be a star on this team in the future.

With Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco on the roster next year, along with the subtraction of cleary/sammy/bert we might actually be considered a fast team.

Helm/abby/z/smitty/dekeyser/nyq/jurco/tatar are all fast skaters. Not too shabby.

His goal last night looked pretty good. Aside from the highlight though I haven't been able to watch him (except for 1 GR game this year). How's his defensive game been?

His goal last night looked pretty good. Aside from the highlight though I haven't been able to watch him (except for 1 GR game this year). How's his defensive game been?

Haven't seen any defensive errors from him. He's been making solid decision all around imo. Difficult two games to make a great impression but I like what I've seen.

Would like to see Jurco and Tootoo both in the full healthy lineup. Wishful thinking. Jurco; He's looked solid, real good speed, goes hard to the net, uses his body hasn't made many , if any defensive errors. He seems ready to make an impact. This team lacks solid wingers. He could fit nicely in that role.

With a C (helm) and 2 wingers (abby/nyquist) to return this week, who gets sent down and who stays?

My moneys on sheahan,eaves, and tootoo going back down. With glendening and jurco staying.

Atleast i hope Jurco stays, kids sick.

Guest Crymson

He's been impressive so far and definitely looks like he belongs in the NHL. It's a shame he'll inevitably be sent down again while a guy like Cleary gets top 6 minutes...

It gets tiresome when people blather on like this. Cleary hasn't gotten top-six minutes in a long time.

That said, I do, of course, agree that Jurco is vastly more valuable than Cleary is. It makes little sense to me that Cleary maintains his spot purely on basis of seniority.

It gets tiresome when people blather on like this. Cleary hasn't gotten top-six minutes in a long time.

That said, I do, of course, agree that Jurco is vastly more valuable than Cleary is. It makes little sense to me that Cleary maintains his spot purely on basis of seniority.

Alright, I know you like to nitpick everyone's posts so let me rephrase: Cleary continues to play in the top six. Not all the time, but Babcock loves to throw him in there for some reason.

Jurco should earn a full-time spot on the roster next season with some of: Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Eaves, and possibly Alfredsson gone.

Guest Crymson

Alright, I know you like to nitpick everyone's posts so let me rephrase: Cleary continues to play in the top six. Not all the time, but Babcock loves to throw him in there for some reason.

That's hardly a nitpick. And Jurco has gotten more top-six time over the past four games than Cleary has gotten in the past fifteen.