• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Jurco Called Up

Rate this topic

I think he's been amazing.

I know it won't happen, but he needs to stay up after everyone comes back

He's not gonna learn much more in the ahl, and for some of these kids baptism by fire is a necessity.

He's proving to be worth his rookie mistakes.

Watching him is like watching filpulla the last few years, except he's bigger and already stronger on his feet.

Plus has anyone else seen this kid drive the net after the shot?

It's beautiful.

He is my favorite wing of the future.

Edit:

Manthas my favorite outside of the red wings club, but he'll probably make my heart hurt in the near future.

His goal last night looked pretty good. Aside from the highlight though I haven't been able to watch him (except for 1 GR game this year). How's his defensive game been?

Not absolutely flawless.

But as close as you could possibly be, and not even for a 20 yr old.

He's been amazing.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Great news! Jurco should have really stayed up the entire time with all of the injuries to key players.

I guess this could also mean the Red Wings don't expect anyone back on Thursday with no Tatar either.

I get that feeling too, although I'd like to be cautiously optimistic that at least SOMEONE will be back for tomorrow. If that's the case, then I'd love to see Jurco get a spot in the lineup, the kid definitely deserves it.

Maybe this also means that Sammy won't be playing again…..

Jurco was playing great before and shouldn't have been sent back last time imo. We were never pressed for cap due to E being IR - Sammy should have been sent down as we didn't even need the cap help. I might be wrong on this cap situation but I'm pretty sure we were fine. With all the injuries I would have liked to see Sammy sit and Jurco play the entire time. Thats just me - I know babs needs that RH shot on PP2 to hunt shin pads.

Jurco was playing great before and shouldn't have been sent back last time imo. We were never pressed for cap due to E being IR - Sammy should have been sent down as we didn't even need the cap help. I might be wrong on this cap situation but I'm pretty sure we were fine. With all the injuries I would have liked to see Sammy sit and Jurco play the entire time. Thats just me - I know babs needs that RH shot on PP2 to hunt shin pads.

Ir only frees a roster spot, ltir frees cap space. Weiss being on ltir makes us not have a cap crunch. But we don't have a lot of extra space

I don't want to put a damper on things, but it looks like we won't be getting any of our injured forwards back on Thursday, and Tatar will be out because of the funeral. So, essentially, Tatar is hurt and Jurco is getting called up to fill in for him. Not that I'm not happy to get Jurco back in the lineup (shouldn't have been sent down in the first place). I just can't believe we're not getting any of the regulars back. Actually, I can.

Helm should retire, Datsyuk is old, Alfie is old, and Franzen is old.

Edited by Dabura

I don't want to put a damper on things, but it looks like we won't be getting any of our injured forwards back on Thursday, and Tatar will be out because of the funeral. So, essentially, Tatar is hurt and Jurco is getting called up to fill in for him. Not that I'm not happy to get Jurco back in the lineup (shouldn't have been sent down in the first place). I just can't believe we're not getting any of the regulars back. Actually, I can.

I completely agree that helm should just retire. Hes made of glass, and as others have said, hes a real puss, not cut out to be a pro hockey player. Hes played what? 16/100 games in the last 2 years? Just hang it up and move on man. Save us all the trouble and the cap space.

I completely agree that helm should just retire. Hes made of glass, and as others have said, hes a real puss, not cut out to be a pro hockey player. Hes played what? 16/100 games in the last 2 years? Just hang it up and move on man. Save us all the trouble and the cap space.

This statement is so impersonal like he's just a commodity. How about a little empathy for an injured person. Especially since he's incredibly talented individual and very important to the team.

This statement is so impersonal like he's just a commodity. How about a little empathy for an injured person. Especially since he's incredibly talented individual and very important to the team.

The alotted amount of "empathy" this grown man is getting, to not play the game the organization is paying him millions of dollars a year to play, has run out.

The detroit red wings are a business. And they, more than any other team in sports history are in the business of winning. Hes employed to produce, help the team win, and at the very least PLAY.

As far as I'm concerned he is a commodity, and a relatively useless one at that.

I'm sorry to be rather forward about this, but any consideration to the thought that Helm should retire is a load of bs. Seriously, have you guys failed to recognise how valuable this guy actually is to the Wings? In addition to his excellent defensive skills, blazing speed and abrasive style of play, he seems to have added somewhat of a scoring touch. Its no coincidence the Wings played some of their best hockey this season when he was in the lineup.

The guy has been healthy for his entire career practically and then has had 2 years of bad luck. GIve him a break.

I'm just peeved that guys are calling for one of the Wings most effective players to retire just because he's had a spate of bad luck. Vent your frustrations on someone else.

Oh and for the record, has anyone here actually tried to walk, let alone skate with a serious groin tear? if so you should know how long it actually takes for these kind of injuries to heal. Then you've got to worry about getting back the muscle function and explosiveness.

Edited by wings4thecup06

Hey everyones entitled to their opinion, and trust me, i like Helmer as a player and a part of the team, but hes not getting any younger an hes not gettig any less injury proned. He needs to s*** or get off the pot. I just feel we couldve spent alot of lost time and money on a 3rd line C thats actually gonna be a part of this team in the future.

Edited by RedWang