• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

Dat jurco guy tho :) been stoked for him since before we drafted him. Hope he stays up at least for a while

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#42 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

I like what ive seen from jurco. I do believe he will be a star on this team in the future.

With Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco on the roster next year, along with the subtraction of cleary/sammy/bert we might actually be considered a fast team.

Helm/abby/z/smitty/dekeyser/nyq/jurco/tatar are all fast skaters. Not too shabby.

#43 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

His goal last night looked pretty good. Aside from the highlight though I haven't been able to watch him (except for 1 GR game this year). How's his defensive game been?

#44 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

His goal last night looked pretty good. Aside from the highlight though I haven't been able to watch him (except for 1 GR game this year). How's his defensive game been?

Haven't seen any defensive errors from him. He's been making solid decision all around imo. Difficult two games to make a great impression but I like what I've seen. 

#45 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Would like to see Jurco and Tootoo both in the full healthy lineup. Wishful thinking. Jurco; He's looked solid, real good speed, goes hard to the net, uses his body hasn't made many , if any defensive errors. He seems ready to make an impact. This team lacks solid wingers. He could fit nicely in that role. 

#46 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

With a C (helm) and 2 wingers (abby/nyquist) to return this week, who gets sent down and who stays?

My moneys on sheahan,eaves, and tootoo going back down. With glendening and jurco staying.

Atleast i hope Jurco stays, kids sick.

#47 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

He's been impressive so far and definitely looks like he belongs in the NHL.  It's a shame he'll inevitably be sent down again while a guy like Cleary gets top 6 minutes...

#48 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

He's been impressive so far and definitely looks like he belongs in the NHL.  It's a shame he'll inevitably be sent down again while a guy like Cleary gets top 6 minutes...

It gets tiresome when people blather on like this. Cleary hasn't gotten top-six minutes in a long time.

That said, I do, of course, agree that Jurco is vastly more valuable than Cleary is. It makes little sense to me that Cleary maintains his spot purely on basis of seniority.

#49 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

It gets tiresome when people blather on like this. Cleary hasn't gotten top-six minutes in a long time.

That said, I do, of course, agree that Jurco is vastly more valuable than Cleary is. It makes little sense to me that Cleary maintains his spot purely on basis of seniority.

Alright, I know you like to nitpick everyone's posts so let me rephrase: Cleary continues to play in the top six.  Not all the time, but Babcock loves to throw him in there for some reason.

Jurco should earn a full-time spot on the roster next season with some of: Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Eaves, and possibly Alfredsson gone. 

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Alright, I know you like to nitpick everyone's posts so let me rephrase: Cleary continues to play in the top six.  Not all the time, but Babcock loves to throw him in there for some reason.

That's hardly a nitpick. And Jurco has gotten more top-six time over the past four games than Cleary has gotten in the past fifteen.

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Detroit Red Wings' Tomas Jurco is finding new ways to work his magic [NHL.com]

From a couple days ago. Sorry if it's already been posted.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

With Nyquist returning tonight where does Babs put Jurco??

#53 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

I think he's been amazing.
I know it won't happen, but he needs to stay up after everyone comes back
He's not gonna learn much more in the ahl, and for some of these kids baptism by fire is a necessity.
He's proving to be worth his rookie mistakes.
Watching him is like watching filpulla the last few years, except he's bigger and already stronger on his feet.

Plus has anyone else seen this kid drive the net after the shot?
It's beautiful.

He is my favorite wing of the future.

Edit:
Manthas my favorite outside of the red wings club, but he'll probably make my heart hurt in the near future.

Not absolutely flawless.
But as close as you could possibly be, and not even for a 20 yr old.
He's been amazing.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 25 December 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#54 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

He's been recalled today.

UPDATE: The ‪#‎RedWings‬ have recalled Tomas Jurco from the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Edited by rick zombo, 14 January 2014 - 03:54 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#55 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

edit: beaten

Good news. Assuming he'll just take Tatar's spot if none of the injured guys come back. 

Edited by dat's sick, 14 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#56 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Good news. Assuming he'll just take Tatar's spot if none of the injured guys come back. 

Or Sammy's if one of them does.

Posted Image

#57 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Saw this callup coming as soon as i read that alfies still out and tats is MIA for next game.

#58 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Great news! Jurco should have really stayed up the entire time with all of the injuries to key players.

I guess this could also mean the Red Wings don't expect anyone back on Thursday with no Tatar either.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#59 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Great news! Jurco should have really stayed up the entire time with all of the injuries to key players.

I guess this could also mean the Red Wings don't expect anyone back on Thursday with no Tatar either.

I get that feeling too, although I'd like to be cautiously optimistic that at least SOMEONE will be back for tomorrow. If that's the case, then I'd love to see Jurco get a spot in the lineup, the kid definitely deserves it. 

Maybe this also means that Sammy won't be playing again…..

temp 1

#60 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Jurco - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Yes please.