• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/15 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Power play was good before all these injuries and still I thought it looked good and got good chances just seemed like wings had no luck. But yes special teams has been the difference in a lot of these losses

Agreed. Getting our top guys back will help tremendously. I think Danny D will also help at the point.

Pavel with a post.

Great save on Dick Panik by Mrazek.

I think this is accurate. Everyone focuses on the loss of Lidstrom, but Rafalski and, to a lesser extent, Stuart were also outstandinding puck movers.

I remember something Fedorov said to the Anaheim coach(could've been Babs?) after he started playing for them, and he was complaining that the D never passed him the puck, and Babs told him the reason they didn't give him the puck was b/c they couldn't, they didn't have the skill like he was used to having in Detroit, getting that first pass on the tape to spring him through the neutral zone with speed

so yeah, I agree it is a big problem with the team now- not enough d-men that can make that first outlet pass out of the zone

I remember something Fedorov said to the Anaheim coach(could've been Babs?) after he started playing for them, and he was complaining that the D never passed him the puck, and Babs told him the reason they didn't give him the puck was b/c they couldn't, they didn't have the skill like he was used to having in Detroit, getting that first pass on the tape to spring him through the neutral zone with speed

so yeah, I agree it is a big problem with the team now- not enough d-men that can make that first outlet pass out of the zone

I vaguely remember that. We have been spoiled for years on the blueline, and most of it wasn't fully appreciated while it was here, and only now are people realizing how good we actually had it on the back end.

And the hockey IQ of when to make that pass in front of your goalie and when to just take the icing. Those little short passes to break the forecheck

So that's what... 2 good goals now over the course of 3 games now that have been called off due to blown calls by s***ty refs.

Three by my count: the Cleary interference, and the two during the first period today.

Jurco is standing around too much, he needs to engage more. But it will probably take him a couple games to get used to the pace.

He looks like a guy playing his first NHL game. Nothing wrong with that, he's young and just going into an NHL arena and playing next to DATSYUK must be crazy. Looked good last shift or two though, hope he gets some PP time as well.

Mrazek looks like he's continued his development in the right direction.

Jurco is standing around too much, he needs to engage more. But it will probably take him a couple games to get used to the pace.

I think Bert should be on that line instead of Alfie. He would help create abit more space for him, and draw players to him in front of the net.

He looks like a guy playing his first NHL game. Nothing wrong with that, he's young and just going into an NHL arena and playing next to DATSYUK must be crazy. Looked good last shift or two though, hope he gets some PP time as well.

Mrazek looks like he's continued his development in the right direction.

He does look a little wide eyed out there, hope he gets a chance to get comfortable.

Mrazek looked off on the shot that hit the bar but other than that looks great.

Three by my count: the Cleary interference, and the two during the first period today.

I went back and took a look. The quick whistle on the first one definitely should have been a goal, but the offside was on Anderson. If he just moves the puck a few inches to get it in the zone instead of playing with it on the blue line, that whistle never happens.

Yeah, Jurco's a little outclassed against the big boys. Move Tatar up and put Jurco on the third. See what he can do against lesser competition.

Good thought.

Too bad Bert couldn't cash in that wraparound.

I went back and took a look. The quick whistle on the first one definitely should have been a goal, but the offside was on Anderson. If he just moves the puck a few inches to get it in the zone instead of playing with it on the blue line, that whistle never happens.

Thanks for going back to check.

Edited by TheXym