• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/15 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

These games vs Tampa are the proof that overriping doesn't always work.Our kids beat Stevie's kids not so long ago and now they look better just because of NHL experience.

Ehh I wouldnt go that far. Id say the kids played even. Its the vets that are letting this team down.

Tampa played extremely boring hockey in this game. Just chip it out of the zone, dump it in, stay back, and wait for a mistake (thanks Kindl). Good gameplan against the broken Wings but so boring.

#1 priority: fix the PP!!! We could have won so many games with a half-decent PP. Stop playing Kindl on it. Eaves? Really? Stop with Alfie on the point. Make changes.

Pretty ugly to watch this team right now. Z is like the engine that drives the bus, Helm is the wheels. Datsyuk is the bus driver but he is not himself right now (f*** you Cowen). Franzen is that guy who can help push the bus sometimes and now he went down too. Things just get worse don't they??

At this point it's looking unlikely we'll see many points for a few weeks.

Good stuff:

* I liked Jurco. He didn't look outmatched, he just needs NHL experience. Keep him up.

* Tatar and Nyquist played with good jump. Shame they're not getting rewarded lately.

* Mrazek played well. Can't ask for more out of him.

* Glendening is good, as is Eaves.

aaaaand that's it. Kronner had some bad plays. Kindl is horrible and I want him gone. Bert is painfully slow and anytime he's out there when we're in the defensive zone we're basically on the PK. Alfie is wasting a ton of great scoring chances lately and has to start finishing.

Edited by dat's sick

I'm just speechless. All the injuries, bad calls, bad bounces, NOTHING is going right. We're a punching bag for teams right now. TWO wins at home in the last 19 games, that's amazing. I'm at the point where I don't even care until the team is fully healthy.

Because he can't score at an NHL level

And you can make this assumption after just one game?? Dats didn't score today as well. I guess he cant score at the NHL level too. Who would you have in his place? The likes of Miller and Eaves? Did he look like a rookie at some points today? Yes. Did he make more impact on the game today than all but maybe two or three Wings players? Yes.

Edited by GoalieManPat

#1 priority: fix the PP!!! We could have won so many games with a half-decent PP. Stop playing Kindl on it. Eaves? Really? Stop with Alfie on the point. Make changes.

Exactly! Big issue here. Even my wife whos not the most knowledgeable on the players skillset mention "Why are Eaves, Cleary, and Kindl out on the power-play"

Brutal loss. It's hard to watch this team right now, but we are fans in the good and the bad. It is just so frustrating and impossible to not make posts saying how horrible everything and everyone is and how it is the end of the world. Desperately need a win, but the Ducks are going to destroy this team on Tuesday. Just don't let Perry or Getzlaf score and I'll be happy.

We're playing passive. Playing not to lose. We have no heart, no jump, no moxy. No life. Some of it is the injuries, but that's not a valid excuse for what I'm talking about. We're not bringing it, and, though I hate to say it, that's a coaching issue. I'm not saying we need a new head coach and staff. I'm not necessarily saying Babs is doing anything wrong. But we need to come to play, and then play, and then do that for 60(+) minutes. We're not doing that. Why? How does that happen with a team and organization and franchise like this one?

Brutal loss. It's hard to watch this team right now, but we are fans in the good and the bad. It is just so frustrating and impossible to not make posts saying how horrible everything and everyone is and how it is the end of the world. Desperately need a win, but the Ducks are going to destroy this team on Tuesday. Just don't let Perry or Getzlaf score and I'll be happy.

Well some are. You still have those with the standard "why do I even bother with this team" after every loss.

And you can make this assumption after just one game?? Dats didn't score today as well. I guess he cant score at the NHL level too. Who would you have in his place? The likes of Miller and Eaves? Did he look like a rookie at some points today? Yes. Did he make more impact on the game today than all but maybe two or three Wings players? Yes.

No that's just wrong. Eaves was one of our better forwards and had some good scoring chances as did miller, Andersson, Tatar and Nyquist. I think our top line had one or two good scoring chances both by Alfie from a Datsyuk pass

He's actually been saying that since the 2nd period-ish, so not even a full game. I don't think having him on the first line was an issue, though. I think he played really good there for his first NHL game and it's something he can build off. I'd like to see him remain on the first line with Pavs next game, if he's still around.

The REALLY frustrating thing is you can be almost certain we're going to show up against the Ducks, be ten times the team we were this evening. Maybe we're just bored? Maybe being in a tougher conference was really important for us?

No that's just wrong. Eaves was one of our better forwards and had some good scoring chances as did miller, Andersson, Tatar and Nyquist. I think our top line had one or two good scoring chances both by Alfie from a Datsyuk pass

I thought Jurco's pass to Pavs, that Pavs ended up not being able to put away on an empty net was one of the best chances in the game. You left that one out.

The REALLY frustrating thing is you can be almost certain we're going to show up against the Ducks, be ten times the team we were this evening. Maybe we're just bored? Maybe being in a tougher conference was really important for us?

I used to think that since they beat the Bruins twice and a few other good teams, but I seriously doubt they will have a chance against the Ducks. I hope I'm wrong because I hate every single one of their players, Selanne included.

I used to think that since they beat the Bruins twice and a few other good teams, but I seriously doubt they will have a chance against the Ducks. I hope I'm wrong because I hate every single one of their players, Selanne included.

Well, I mean, we're gonna lose. I think that's pretty much a given. But we'll look like an actual team that actually gives an actual s***. Or we won't.

/nostradamus

I thought Jurco's pass to Pavs, that Pavs ended up not being able to put away on an empty net was one of the best chances in the game. You left that one out.

This whole team is snakebit. Open nets aren't even a scoring chance for us. When we score it's disallowed, probably because the refs can't understand what just happened.

Well our first line was not good. It needs to be good to win games.

I think it was as good as it can be with Franzen and Z out and Datsyuk not at 100%. Dats had a post and a missed open net. Alfie had a few chances. Jurco had 1 or 2 attempts. No one can score, we need to score to win games.

I would prefer Nyquist, Tatar, Bertuzzi or Eaves. If Jurco was good enough for the first line wouldn't he be better on the 3rd. Jurco was fine for his first NHL game but we need goals. Having a kid playing his first NHL game is not going to get us more goals

I guarantee Babs logic is that he thought Datsyuk would be able to cover for him and then the rest of our lines would have more depth and it worked for the most part but Datsyuk should be scoring because he's our best offensive player in the lineup.

I'm not even that mad about it. I just wish Babs would try things to get more scoring. Having one line get hot and carry us out of this slump. Load up on the top line try to win some games