• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/15 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

I would prefer Nyquist, Tatar, Bertuzzi or Eaves. If Jurco was good enough for the first line wouldn't he be better on the 3rd. Jurco was fine for his first NHL game but we need goals. Having a kid playing his first NHL game is not going to get us more goals

I guarantee Babs logic is that he thought Datsyuk would be able to cover for him and then the rest of our lines would have more depth and it worked for the most part but Datsyuk should be scoring because he's our best offensive player in the lineup.

I'm not even that mad about it. I just wish Babs would try things to get more scoring. Having one line get hot and carry us out of this slump. Load up on the top line try to win some games

It feels like you're pinning a whole lot on the simple fact that Tomas Jurco played on a line with Datsyuk and Alfredsson, becuse he's a kid, or something. I mean, yeah, we didn't score - but we haven't been scoring for a couple weeks now.

I don't think "loading up" (Jurco - Datsyuk - Alfredsson is actually a pretty solid line, on paper and the ice) is much of a plan. If we do that, the opposition just has to shut down one single line. And our entire bottom six would be defensive forwards.

It feels like you're pinning a whole lot on the simple fact that Tomas Jurco played on a line with Datsyuk and Alfredsson, becuse he's a kid, or something. I mean, yeah, we didn't score - but we haven't been scoring for a couple weeks now.

I don't think "loading up" (Jurco - Datsyuk - Alfredsson is actually a pretty solid line, on paper and the ice) is much of a plan. If we do that, the opposition just has to shut down one single line. And our entire bottom six would be defensive forwards.

I blame Babcock, not Jurco. I don't blame Jurco at all. He played well for his first NHL game. I'm just sick of this team losing games the same way every night. I have to believe there is a line combination in this lineup that can score a goal.

Another tough loss, at some point things will turn around though. I wonder who they could possibly bring up now? Last note they should wave Cleary on HBO/247 it would make compelling television, Holland, Babcock, Cleary all crying together etc....

I am never a fan of losing, but I would much rather lose with our kids, than garbage in the lineup. I cannot wait for Z and Helm to be healthy so we can sit Cleary and Bertuzzi. I know cap space us an issue, but we need to just waive Cleary and have injuries mysteriously appear for Bert and Sammy. Then when Diesel gets back, we need to rid ourselves if Q.

this is a great time to be a Wings fan. With all these kids playing, it reminds me of watching the 90's Wings grow together and once they create that "core" of players, magic will happen yet again.

I do believe that Mrazek is our future. I may be in the minority, but with monster playing so well, and as cheap as he may be to re-sign, Jimmy just may becoming expendable. This team needs a legit top D-Man and a package of Jimmy, Q and something else just may land that #1 guy...just saying.

Jesus, you people realize this s***ty team isn't Cleary or Sammy (or whoever else people love to shred) fault. Not even close. I guess since Robert Lang and Jason Williams aren't here, you've got to beat up on someone, right? :shock:

I hate this. This team can't put the puck in the net. at. all. I wish Mick would shut up about the 'silver lining' too. I don't care one bit that there's a 7 point cushion. The team sucks right now. Terribly. They can't score for the freaking life of them. That's it. No silver lining to it.

I am so sick of watching losses. I am going to go vomit now.

Yes, we are all sick of watching losses, but realize this team is the result of 20+ years of dominance. I am not sure if you are old enough to remember the Dead Wing era, but after that era is when they started building a team through the draft and trades that turned into the 90's Wings.

I am sick of watching losses with Dan Cleary, Todd Bertuzzi, Mikael Samuelsson and Johan Franzen in the lineup. I have no issues watching losses with Jurco, Nyquist, Tatar, Dekeyser, Smith, Mrazek, et al. in the lineup. It is that core of players that are going to define the next 20 years of Red Wings hockey. I am not saying they are all going to be Hall of Famers, or even close to Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Draper, McCarty, Maltby, et al. BUT I am more than willing to ditch the dead weight and let these kids grow together, lose together and learn to win together and create that next Dynasty.

I also would like to keep the playoff streak alive, but I am not all for suppressing the growth of our youth in order to play the crap vets that Holland refuses to let go by the wayside. To me, and maybe I am not in the majority here, but Cleary, Franzen, Bertuzzi, Sammy, Quincey and possibly Jimmy are all expendable. I know Q has his good nights (rarely) and Franzen seemed to have gotten a little life in him playing center again (he has since cooed WAY down) but think ab out the needs of this team. Yes a #1 scorer (even I have pined for that) but most importantly, I think we need that #1 top defenseman. Which is why it really hurt not being able to snag Suter away from his family ties. But honestly, looking at our depth in goal, on D (when it comes to #'s 3-7) and even eventual 20-30 goal scorer's, think about what could be had out there if Howard, Franzen and Quincey were offered in a package... I am not saying trade them right f'ing now, but if they are very expendable considering the return and what we have waiting in the wings...

Which is why we cannot trade "junk." This team needs an impact player. Our depth in goal, the D on the farm and our mid-higher level scorer's on the farm make Howard, Quincey and Franzen expendable and VERY replaceable.

I am not going to say trade them or Holland sucks, but as mentioned no one wants our junk, so if those three were packaged for a legit #1 defender, I really don't think the lose of players would be an issue.

Of those 3 players (Howard/Quincey/Franzen) - I think it's safe to say that rival GM's would only have interest in Howard, and in return we'd get someone of similar value...It's questionable as to what we'd get in return for the other 2 slumping players (even if they were part of the Howard package).

With that said - I personally wouldn't mind seeing Holland make a few moves, but as in past years we hear the - 'our returning players from IR will be our trade deadline acquisitions'. :confused:

Not advocating trading Franzen, but I would think he would fetch a decent return. Considering the fact that he doesn't have a big cap hit and if he's healthy he would still score 30 or close to it. I know he has lot's of years left on his contract but taking into account his production and the salaries in the sport his cap hit is plenty reasonable.

Franzen has been great since coming back from injury. Remarkably consistent and over a point per game since, I think. The Franzen-hate is just old now. He's had hustle on the back check, is scoring, is assisting and is playing solid defensively. Move on for now.

We can't trade. Holland has been trying apparently. We will have to waive someone and until Babcock started giving Cleary PP time it seemed like Holland was about to turn that page. Maybe he still is and Babcock is desperately trying to get Cleary going to save him from the chopping block.

At any rate, once DeKeyser comes back, someone HAS to go, so we don't have to wait long for a (minor) shakeup.

Best the team can do is weather the storm, squeak into the playoffs and lose some contracts next summer. There aren't any real big superstars available on the UFA market, but there are bound to be servicable vets who would be improvements on who we have.

The good news is, Sammy being waived won't help us cap-wise, so only Cleary fits the bill. Unless through a bout of insanity they waive someone like Miller.

Here's the thing, that wasn't just a terrible performance, it was a terrible game of Hockey, period. Both teams played less than 24 hours previous and it showed. Lets not pretend like TB came in and outplayed us, they didn't. Their 12 foot 9 goaltender looked like a brick wall, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, and they took advantage of a couple of our mistakes. That's it

I can forgive the team for having no jump (and Jurco playing his 3rd game in 3 days), but the line combo's were mostly terrible and they looked like a bunch of strangers out there. Just a couple of weeks ago we were rolling 3 great lines, now we can't seem to find 1 with any chemistry.

We like our team

Yeah, I do. Sure we have spare parts that cost a lot of money, sure we're not playing good right now, but this team isn't our team. The team that played tonight had by my count 6 people that wouldn't be in the lineup if we were fully healthy, and next game it'll be 7.

Jurco, Mrazek, Lashoff/Q, Glendening, Eaves, and one of Bert/Cleary. Add Sheahan to that list for next game.

We're missing now 4 of our top 5 players that can play center, our starting goalie, and second best defenseman (my opinion). This is not a bad hockey team. If we get healthy and Howard figures it out I don't think there's a team in the East that can beat us in a 7 game series. If you need me to I can break down the matchups for you. Everyone needs to chill. We'll be fine.

Yeah, I do. Sure we have spare parts that cost a lot of money, sure we're not playing good right now, but this team isn't our team. The team that played tonight had by my count 6 people that wouldn't be in the lineup if we were fully healthy, and next game it'll be 7.

Jurco, Mrazek, Lashoff/Q, Glendening, Eaves, and one of Bert/Cleary. Add Sheahan to that list for next game.

We're missing now 4 of our top 5 players that can play center, our starting goalie, and second best defenseman (my opinion). This is not a bad hockey team. If we get healthy and Howard figures it out I don't think there's a team in the East that can beat us in a 7 game series. If you need me to I can break down the matchups for you. Everyone needs to chill. We'll be fine.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

jk

My only issue with the injuries argument is we have to find a way to win, because the NHL's point system doesn't reward you for injuries incurred. If we're gonna wait to get fully healthy before we start racking up the wins, well, we may be out of the postseason race altogether by that point. A brutal December would mean two straight months of brutality (November was not kind to us). That would not be good.

I have to wonder if the Winter Classic (i.e. HBO) and/or the Olympics are really messing with us. Because, while losing streaks and "injury flash mobs" are nothing new to us, we really have been a mess this season, on the whole. I mean, our record at home? When does that happen? Something like...never? And this shootout insanity, for which there is absolutely no good explanation. What the hell?

Not an excuse. Just grasping for answers.

Sure injuries have been a big problem but its not like this team was tearing up the league before the injuries started. And its not like all the errors that have been leading to goals against have been all made by rookies. Kronwall has been terrible lately. A puck possession team needs a very good break out to be successful, ever notice how sloppy we are at leaving our zone? I think the D core has a lot to do with the problems this team has at the moment at both ends of the ice.