Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

I like our team?  :rolleyes:

#282 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

#1 priority: fix the PP!!! We could have won so many games with a half-decent PP. Stop playing Kindl on it. Eaves? Really? Stop with Alfie on the point. Make changes.

Exactly! Big issue here. Even my wife whos not the most knowledgeable on the players skillset mention "Why are Eaves, Cleary, and Kindl out on the power-play"

#283 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Brutal loss. It's hard to watch this team right now, but we are fans in the good and the bad. It is just so frustrating and impossible to not make posts saying how horrible everything and everyone is and how it is the end of the world. Desperately need a win, but the Ducks are going to destroy this team on Tuesday. Just don't let Perry or Getzlaf score and I'll be happy. 

#284 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

We're playing passive. Playing not to lose. We have no heart, no jump, no moxy. No life. Some of it is the injuries, but that's not a valid excuse for what I'm talking about. We're not bringing it, and, though I hate to say it, that's a coaching issue. I'm not saying we need a new head coach and staff. I'm not necessarily saying Babs is doing anything wrong. But we need to come to play, and then play, and then do that for 60(+) minutes. We're not doing that. Why? How does that happen with a team and organization and franchise like this one?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#285 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Brutal loss. It's hard to watch this team right now, but we are fans in the good and the bad. It is just so frustrating and impossible to not make posts saying how horrible everything and everyone is and how it is the end of the world. Desperately need a win, but the Ducks are going to destroy this team on Tuesday. Just don't let Perry or Getzlaf score and I'll be happy. 

Well some are. You still have those with the standard "why do I even bother with this team" after every loss.

#286 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

And you can make this assumption after just one game?? Dats didn't score today as well. I guess he cant score at the NHL level too. Who would you have in his place? The likes of Miller and Eaves?  Did he look like a rookie at some points today? Yes. Did he make more impact on the game today than all but maybe two or three Wings players? Yes. 

No that's just wrong. Eaves was one of our better forwards and had some good scoring chances as did miller, Andersson, Tatar and Nyquist. I think our top line had one or two good scoring chances both by Alfie from a Datsyuk pass

#287 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

And you can make this assumption after just one game?? Dats didn't score today as well. I guess he cant score at the NHL level too. Who would you have in his place? The likes of Miller and Eaves?  Did he look like a rookie at some points today? Yes. Did he make more impact on the game today than all but maybe two or three Wings players? Yes. 

He's actually been saying that since the 2nd period-ish, so not even a full game. I don't think having him on the first line was an issue, though. I think he played really good there for his first NHL game and it's something he can build off. I'd like to see him remain on the first line with Pavs next game, if he's still around.

#288 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

The REALLY frustrating thing is you can be almost certain we're going to show up against the Ducks, be ten times the team we were this evening. Maybe we're just bored? Maybe being in a tougher conference was really important for us?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#289 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

No that's just wrong. Eaves was one of our better forwards and had some good scoring chances as did miller, Andersson, Tatar and Nyquist. I think our top line had one or two good scoring chances both by Alfie from a Datsyuk pass

I thought Jurco's pass to Pavs, that Pavs ended up not being able to put away on an empty net was one of the best chances in the game. You left that one out.

#290 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

The REALLY frustrating thing is you can be almost certain we're going to show up against the Ducks, be ten times the team we were this evening. Maybe we're just bored? Maybe being in a tougher conference was really important for us?

I used to think that since they beat the Bruins twice and a few other good teams, but I seriously doubt they will have a chance against the Ducks. I hope I'm wrong because I hate every single one of their players, Selanne included.

#291 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I used to think that since they beat the Bruins twice and a few other good teams, but I seriously doubt they will have a chance against the Ducks. I hope I'm wrong because I hate every single one of their players, Selanne included.

Well, I mean, we're gonna lose. I think that's pretty much a given. But we'll look like an actual team that actually gives an actual s***. Or we won't.

/nostradamus

Don't Toews me, bro!

#292 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

I thought Jurco's pass to Pavs, that Pavs ended up not being able to put away on an empty net was one of the best chances in the game. You left that one out.

This whole team is snakebit. Open nets aren't even a scoring chance for us. When we score it's disallowed, probably because the refs can't understand what just happened.

#293 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Well our first line was not good. It needs to be good to win games.

#294 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Oh, and Jurco looked fine. He's the least of our worries.

Or would people prefer Cleary there? Miller? Eaves? Or Tatar, which would be cool but would take a big bite out of our already silly-bad bottom six.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#295 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Ehh I wouldnt go that far. Id say the kids played even. Its the vets that are letting this team down.

Maybe,but theirs AHL MVP is getting top line minutes and our MVP Tatar is on the 3rd line because of the same veterans

#296 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well our first line was not good. It needs to be good to win games.

I think it was as good as it can be with Franzen and Z out and Datsyuk not at 100%. Dats had a post and a missed open net. Alfie had a few chances. Jurco had 1 or 2 attempts. No one can score, we need to score to win games.

#297 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Our next home win will be: Alumni game.

#298 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Any update on Franzen? He seemed "ok." I was thinking it might just be a dental issue...?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#299 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

I would prefer Nyquist, Tatar, Bertuzzi or Eaves. If Jurco was good enough for the first line wouldn't he be better on the 3rd. Jurco was fine for his first NHL game but we need goals. Having a kid playing his first NHL game is not going to get us more goals

I guarantee Babs logic is that he thought Datsyuk would be able to cover for him and then the rest of our lines would have more depth and it worked for the most part but Datsyuk should be scoring because he's our best offensive player in the lineup.
I'm not even that mad about it. I just wish Babs would try things to get more scoring. Having one line get hot and carry us out of this slump. Load up on the top line try to win some games

#300 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

If we lose the Winter Classic, can we fire Babcock?

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg