• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#321 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

This team is a wreck. Difficult to watch.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#322 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Here's the thing, that wasn't just a terrible performance, it was a terrible game of Hockey, period.  Both teams played less than 24 hours previous and it showed.  Lets not pretend like TB came in and outplayed us, they didn't.  Their 12 foot 9 goaltender looked like a brick wall, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, and they took advantage of a couple of our mistakes.  That's it

I can forgive the team for having no jump (and Jurco playing his 3rd game in 3 days), but the line combo's were mostly terrible and they looked like a bunch of strangers out there.  Just a couple of weeks ago we were rolling 3 great lines, now we can't seem to find 1 with any chemistry.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#323 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

We like our team

#324 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

We like our team

Yeah, I do. Sure we have spare parts that cost a lot of money, sure we're not playing good right now, but this team isn't our team. The team that played tonight had by my count 6 people that wouldn't be in the lineup if we were fully healthy, and next game it'll be 7.

Jurco, Mrazek, Lashoff/Q, Glendening, Eaves, and one of Bert/Cleary. Add Sheahan to that list for next game.

We're missing now 4 of our top 5 players that can play center, our starting goalie, and second best defenseman (my opinion). This is not a bad hockey team. If we get healthy and Howard figures it out I don't think there's a team in the East that can beat us in a 7 game series. If you need me to I can break down the matchups for you. Everyone needs to chill. We'll be fine.

#325 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, I do. Sure we have spare parts that cost a lot of money, sure we're not playing good right now, but this team isn't our team. The team that played tonight had by my count 6 people that wouldn't be in the lineup if we were fully healthy, and next game it'll be 7.

Jurco, Mrazek, Lashoff/Q, Glendening, Eaves, and one of Bert/Cleary. Add Sheahan to that list for next game.

We're missing now 4 of our top 5 players that can play center, our starting goalie, and second best defenseman (my opinion). This is not a bad hockey team. If we get healthy and Howard figures it out I don't think there's a team in the East that can beat us in a 7 game series. If you need me to I can break down the matchups for you. Everyone needs to chill. We'll be fine.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

jk

My only issue with the injuries argument is we have to find a way to win, because the NHL's point system doesn't reward you for injuries incurred. If we're gonna wait to get fully healthy before we start racking up the wins, well, we may be out of the postseason race altogether by that point. A brutal December would mean two straight months of brutality (November was not kind to us). That would not be good.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#326 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have to wonder if the Winter Classic (i.e. HBO) and/or the Olympics are really messing with us. Because, while losing streaks and "injury flash mobs" are nothing new to us, we really have been a mess this season, on the whole. I mean, our record at home? When does that happen? Something like...never? And this shootout insanity, for which there is absolutely no good explanation. What the hell?

Not an excuse. Just grasping for answers.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#327 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Sure injuries have been a big problem but its not like this team was tearing up the league before the injuries started. And its not like all the errors that have been leading to goals against have been all made by rookies. Kronwall has been terrible lately. A puck possession team needs a very good break out to be successful, ever notice how sloppy we are at leaving our zone? I think the D core has a lot to do with the problems this team has at the moment at both ends of the ice.

#328 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

In the category of "Back-to-Back Home Losses played on Saturday and Sunday": eleventh time it's happened in Club history and the first since 

20, 21/02/1982.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.