• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/15 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

With all these injuries up front wings need to win games 2-1. I think when everyone is healthy our forwards can match up against anybody in the league

Yea I guess. If their PP was any damn good though they'd be winning these close games they've been losing lately.

Occasionally, we will have Big E or Kronner with a nice stretch pass but those are VERY rare these days. It's clear our defensemen are mostly one dimensional. To me, that's the biggest difference between 2008 and today.

I think this is accurate. Everyone focuses on the loss of Lidstrom, but Rafalski and, to a lesser extent, Stuart were also outstandinding puck movers.

Yea I guess. If their PP was any damn good though they'd be winning these close games they've been losing lately.

Power play was good before all these injuries and still I thought it looked good and got good chances just seemed like wings had no luck. But yes special teams has been the difference in a lot of these losses

Occasionally, we will have Big E or Kronner with a nice stretch pass but those are VERY rare these days. It's clear our defensemen are mostly one dimensional. To me, that's the biggest difference between 2008 and today.

Very true. Sadly, some of them aren't very skilled at the other dimension either. Lashoff is fine as a defensive d-man, but Kindl and Quincey have really struggled at both ends. Smith shows spurts of being a solid puck mover.