• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#81 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Mrazek looks solid. I'm excited about him. 

Posted Image

#82 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

I remember something Fedorov said to the Anaheim coach(could've been Babs?) after he started playing for them, and he was complaining that the D never passed him the puck, and Babs told him the reason they didn't give him the puck was b/c they couldn't, they didn't have the skill like he was used to having in Detroit, getting that first pass on the tape to spring him through the neutral zone with speed

so yeah, I agree it is a big problem with the team now- not enough d-men that can make that first outlet pass out of the zone

And the hockey IQ of when to make that pass in front of your goalie and when to just take the icing. Those little short passes to break the forecheck

#83 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

So that's what... 2 good goals now over the course of 3 games now that have been called off due to blown calls by s***ty refs.

#84 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

So that's what... 2 good goals now over the course of 3 games now that have been called off due to blown calls by s***ty refs.

Three by my count: the Cleary interference, and the two during the first period today.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#85 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Jurco is standing around too much, he needs to engage more. But it will probably take him a couple games to get used to the pace.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#86 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Jurco is standing around too much, he needs to engage more. But it will probably take him a couple games to get used to the pace.

He looks like a guy playing his first NHL game. Nothing wrong with that, he's young and just going into an NHL arena and playing next to DATSYUK must be crazy. Looked good last shift or two though, hope he gets some PP time as well.

Mrazek looks like he's continued his development in the right direction.

#87 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

What ^ said.

Edited by sputman, 15 December 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#88 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think Bert should be on that line instead of Alfie. He would help create abit more space for him, and draw players to him in front of the net.

#89 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

bert and mule never work together idk why babs uses this line

dats and alfie hasnt worked either

#90 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think Bert should be on that line instead of Alfie. He would help create abit more space for him, and draw players to him in front of the net.

I agree, Bert looked good with Pav before he got hurt.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#91 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Move Tatar up!

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#92 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

He looks like a guy playing his first NHL game. Nothing wrong with that, he's young and just going into an NHL arena and playing next to DATSYUK must be crazy. Looked good last shift or two though, hope he gets some PP time as well.
Mrazek looks like he's continued his development in the right direction.

He does look a little wide eyed out there, hope he gets a chance to get comfortable.

Mrazek looked off on the shot that hit the bar but other than that looks great.

#93 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, Jurco's a little outclassed against the big boys.  Move Tatar up and put Jurco on the third.  See what he can do against lesser competition.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#94 Y19

Y19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Three by my count: the Cleary interference, and the two during the first period today.

I went back and took a look.  The quick whistle on the first one definitely should have been a goal, but the offside was on Anderson.  If he just moves the puck a few inches to get it in the zone instead of playing with it on the blue line, that whistle never happens.

#95 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, Jurco's a little outclassed against the big boys.  Move Tatar up and put Jurco on the third.  See what he can do against lesser competition.

Good thought.

Too bad Bert couldn't cash in that wraparound.

I went back and took a look.  The quick whistle on the first one definitely should have been a goal, but the offside was on Anderson.  If he just moves the puck a few inches to get it in the zone instead of playing with it on the blue line, that whistle never happens.

Thanks for going back to check.

Edited by TheXym, 15 December 2013 - 05:57 PM.

• Y19 likes this
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#96 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Nyquist gotta shoot that earlier

#97 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

I really wanna see smith on the 2nd pp, i feel like kindl just rushes the shot most of the time.

#98 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Dear Red Wings,

Ben Bishop is f*cking huge.  Please stop shooting the puck directly at him, and perhaps try to get him moving side to side a bit.  If it doesn't work, no harm done.  What you're currently doing doesn't work either.

Regards,

Kip

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#99 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I really wanna see smith on the 2nd pp, i feel like kindl just rushes the shot most of the time.

Me too. Smith is also pretty fast, so he could handle possible breakouts better.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#100 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Anyone else having issues with RWL? Or is it just down for intermission?