I WANT LIDSTROMMMMMM :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((

#82 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

I WANT LIDSTROMMMMMM :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((

give me the upcoming alumni roster in their prime please !

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#83 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I would give anything for a 43 Lidstrom right now. I hate that he will be a gordie howe in the minds of my children. We are so blessed to have even witnessed his greatness. Hopefully these kids carry the elite and classy legacy on.

#84 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think we had a stretch of like 5 losses earlier this season so it wasn't that long ago ... unless you mean why are we so bad this year.  

#85 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

I think coaching has a lot to do with it. Yes we get injured a lot. But we aren't the only team that has to overcome injuries. I remember a few years ago Crosby barely played for a good year and a half yet Pittsburgh was up in the standings putting up points, top 3 best record in the NHL without a real goalie or any real stay at home defenseman. I know they're a good team, Malkin is a beast and they get offensive contributions from their defense as well but we have a lot of talent even with the injuries...of course that was before Nyquist, Franzen and Abby went down. Getting swept by Florida and Tampa(making Bishop and Thomas look like Brodeur in his prime), not scoring on a big 5 minute major or responding to Abby getting illegally rocked is showing me that these guys do not seem to have enough motivation. I feel like I rarely see Babcock show emotion and maybe that would've been necessary ever since game 7 of the 09 Cup. These guys have to respect the jerseys they wear because no one else around the league seems to respect them anymore. There is no one scary on this team coming up the ice with the capability of just sniping one in with a rocket shot like so many times has happened to us the past few years(Datsyuk, Zetts are playmakers, Franzen needs energetic linemates as motivation but we just truly lack a legit sniper). Fact is, I see a lot more jump from teams with a lot less talent. We will all be happy when everyone is back, no doubt. But this team seems to act like they've lost before the puck is even dropped at the start of the game.

Edited by GoWings!, 19 December 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#86 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

We have 2@ top four D men.  That's it.  That means EVERYBODY has to ignore their game to be COMPLETELY defensive in the choices they make.  No passing, no grit, boring!

#87 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

I can, we were this bad most of last season too. If not for the last couple weeks we would have missed the playoffs, but we got in and did a great job.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#88 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Doom!  Gloom!  The Red Wings will never be good again Muahhahahahahaha.  Here's my big prediction:  Remember when Pavel was the only guy out, and Nyquist finally got called up, and our lines were finally starting to gel and we beat Buffalo 3-1, and Boston 6-1, and the Islanders 5-0, and Ottawa 4-2?  Well, once guys get healthy we'll see more of that. 

Take a deep breath boys, we'll be fine.  That's my bold prediction.

• Nev likes this

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."