35 replies to this topic

#1 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

http://redwings.nhl....s.htm?id=696294

The Detroit Red Wings today recalled center Riley Sheahan from the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#2 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Be2aSru.png

#3 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

shouldnt have taken abdelkader and now franzen to be out for sheahan to have been called up

#4 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

I haven't seen anything from Shehan that's been impressive but I honestly haven't seen him much. Hope he can give a good impression. 

Detroit Griffins next game, huh?

#5 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

well we gotta see what these kids can do right?thats the one good thing with the injuries is we get to test out some kids ... id personally like to see him center the 2nd line with tatar and nyquist at this point id say he'd create more offense with tatar and nyquist than andersson or glendening ( who else can we put at center???)

#6 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I wanted a youth movement, but not in this fashion. It was supposed to be prospects playing instead of Samuelsson, Cleary and Bertuzzi -- not at the expense of our best forwards. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#7 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Sheahan ain’t gonna replace the Mule’s offence.

I think he’s going to be a “real” 4th liner in the future. Think the opposite of what Cleary and Samuelson are now. 

But like future_nyquist  just said ^ he should have gotten the call at least one of the 15 times Glendening’s been up. 

It’s interesting to see that they had to think about Jarnkrok vs Sheahan for the call-up, and a bit depressing that Emmerton was in the mix as well. 

Per Helen “Quincey Sux” St James’ twitter:

#RedWings deciding whether to call up Calle Järnkrok, Cory Emmerton or Riley Sheahan.

Edited by rick zombo, 16 December 2013 - 05:22 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#8 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

now only if we lost bert sams and cleary wed have a good looking team

#9 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Punch somebody in the face!

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#10 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Why not Ferraro?  Isn't he supposedly crazy fast, gritty, and capable of scoring once in a while?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#11 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Why not Ferraro?  Isn't he supposedly crazy fast, gritty, and capable of scoring once in a while?

hell be next no worries

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

So....is there an official word on what's wrong with Mule?  I know he got punched in the face, threw a hissy-fit, and left the game....but wtf happened to him?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#13 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

So....is there an official word on what's wrong with Mule?  I know he got punched in the face, threw a hissy-fit, and left the game....but wtf happened to him?

I believe I heard he was going through the concussion protocol... If I'm corrext

#14 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

I would like to see Jarnkrok. We are having a serious center shortage
Franzen's glove to the face didn't look very bad at all. I bet he was just all pissy after the call was made because he was ready to keep playing then after the call was made he headed to the locked room. Now we have to go through all the protocol due to his ego when we need him in the worst way

#15 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hopefully he plays better than his last call-up.

#16 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Excited to see Sheahan. If we're gonna struggle, and suck a bit, may as well have the kids playing while we wait for our guys to get back.

#NOMOREKINDL

#17 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I would like to see Jarnkrok. We are having a serious center shortage
Franzen's glove to the face didn't look very bad at all. I bet he was just all pissy after the call was made because he was ready to keep playing then after the call was made he headed to the locked room. Now we have to go through all the protocol due to his ego when we need him in the worst way

Doesn't he have issues with concussions ? I wouldn't jump on him considering we don't even know the story.

#18 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Doesn't he have issues with concussions ? I wouldn't jump on him considering we don't even know the story.

Yes you're right, just frustrated with these injuries and it's such a Franzen thing to. Guess we'll see on 24/7

#19 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yes you're right, just frustrated with these injuries and it's such a Franzen thing to. Guess we'll see on 24/7

I just hope he continues to play the way he was before that. I'm just worried he will be less hesitant to drive the net and go with speed because he's worried about getting hit in the head again.

#20 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

It's a "Franzen thing" to sit out games when you're completely healthy, and your team is struggling, and you're playing well, and you've just been made an assistant captain while Zetterberg is out?  Yeah, he does that all the time.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."