• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dobbles

Wings call up Sheahan

Rate this topic

I think it's quite the opposite. From everything I've read the majority seem to think he's going to be a career 4th liner. 3rd line max.

He's going to surprise people. He is not a dynamic player but he does play the right way, is a big body, plays hard and is a good two-way player.

Agreed. Most people think he is a 4th liner - he disappointed after his draft year offensively so lots of people got down on him. I think he could be at least as effective as Abby in the NHL realistically.

I think it's quite the opposite. From everything I've read the majority seem to think he's going to be a career 4th liner. 3rd line max.

He's going to surprise people. He is not a dynamic player but he does play the right way, is a big body, plays hard and is a good two-way player.

My impression is that a lot of people see him becoming, or simply want him to be, something he's not projecting to be. I'm not saying the majority actually think that way. It's just something I've noticed, mostly in conversations I've had with folks.

At any rate, I agree with your assessment of him. There's a lot to like in his game.

Agreed. Most people think he is a 4th liner - he disappointed after his draft year offensively so lots of people got down on him. I think he could be at least as effective as Abby in the NHL realistically.

He seems to be doing OK offensively for the Griffins. But he played so defensively when he was at ND, his offensive potential was going to be quite the project to develop for the next level. I'm hopeful for an Abby-like game from him as well.

Not crazy about this call-up, as I haven't been overly impressed with him in Grand Rapids, but considering the other options they were considering were Emmerton (yuk) or Jarnkrok (still struggling to adapt to NA hockey) I'm with them.

Sheahan may be a big body but doesn't use it much. Scored most of his points for GR this season on the powerplay so don't expect much offence from him. He'll be another dime-a-dozen defensively responsible 4th liner. Just what we need :blind:

I can't even keep the whole injury list straight anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is it for tonight against the Ducks:

Zetterberg

Weiss

Abdelkader

Franzen

DeKeyser

Helm

Andersson(?)

Anyways, Sheahan isn't going to be a point-producing power forward. Not now or anytime soon, anyway. He's a defensive forward who may carve out a niche in the bottom-6. Maybe. Not expecting much from him.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

Per Ansar:

Jurco-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Miller-Andersson-Tatar

Cleary-Glendening-Eaves

Bertuzzi-Sheahan-Samuelsson

Looking at the lines, I'd have switched Miller to centre, put Bert on the 2nd line and called up Callahan for the 4th line because I'm biased toward the Mitch.

Callahan must have the highest goals per minute ratio time of any forward in the AHL by far.

Per Ansar:

Jurco-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Miller-Andersson-Tatar

Cleary-Glendening-Eaves

Bertuzzi-Sheahan-Samuelsson

Looking at the lines, I'd have switched Miller to centre, put Bert on the 2nd line and called up Callahan for the 4th line because I'm biased toward the Mitch.

Callahan must have the highest goals per minute ratio time of any forward in the AHL by far.

So no Nyquist now too? Jeeeeezzz....

That has to be one of the weakest rosters we've iced in 25 years or so.