• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RyaN_84

Milan Lucic involved in a Vancouver club altercation

Rate this topic

Everyone I know personally in Vancouver are nothing but A #1 standup guys. ( The cop I know happens to be one of the coolest dudes I've ever known ).

But there sure does seem to be a lot of ****** bags in the city, especially when it comes to being a Canucks fan.

Lucic sounds like a drunk, stupid, 25 year old man. But he looks like Conan the Barbarian.

“Do you know who you’ref****** with!!???” :no2:

True but unfortunately we didn't see what led up to this point. The guy probably should have gotten worse. Good on Lucic for acting mature and not jeopardizing his career for some stupid drunk canuck.

I'm not a Lucic fan at all. But in this case I'm def on his side here. From what I've heard from a few Canadian friends of mine, Vancouver is full of more douchebags than anywhere else in Canada. You know it's gotta be pretty bad when the guy says he's never coming back (other than to play the Canucks) to his own hometown. Guessing you'll probably never see him in a Canucks jersey (although that probably wasn't gonna happen anyway).

I'm not a Lucic fan at all. But in this case I'm def on his side here. From what I've heard from a few Canadian friends of mine, Vancouver is full of more douchebags than anywhere else in Canada. You know it's gotta be pretty bad when the guy says he's never coming back (other than to play the Canucks) to his own hometown. Guessing you'll probably never see him in a Canucks jersey (although that probably wasn't gonna happen anyway).

Ahem....Cough CHELIOS Cough. Just sayin lmao

Lucic sounds like a drunk, stupid, 25 year old man. But he looks like Conan the Barbarian.

I'm thinking he said that as more of a warning , letting the other guy know that fighting some of the best athletes in the world is part of his job description.

Good on Lucic for not destroying this idiot. Some fans really should know their limits hating a team is fine and everything but looking for your few minutes of room is laughable. Wish, Lucic would have gone barbarian and absolutely nailed him, but going the law route is for sure the better option.

The guy looked really small and also drunk so he better be happy that Looch didn't respond.

Vancouver is so overpopulated with all kind of persons, so I'm not surprised that there are so much idiots.

Edited by frankgrimes

Yeah. I wasn't trying to come down on Lucic. Just having a laugh at the whole thing. Kudos to him for keeping his cool.

He's actually a pretty disciplined guy. For a gigantic maniac, he's done a pretty decent job of self-control/staying out of trouble in the NHL. Relatively speaking.

Edited by rick zombo

Yeah. I wasn't trying to come down on Lucic. Just having a laugh at the whole thing. Kudos to him for keeping his cool.

He's actually a pretty disciplined guy. For a gigantic maniac, he's done a pretty decent job of self-control/staying out of trouble in the NHL. Relatively speaking.

Not only that, but the guy can really throw if he needs to the wannabe tough kid was really lucky here, anyway Lucic will sue him and get a good junk money out of it.

In the long run, it's better that Lucic didn't fight the guy, but in the short term that guy's going to be telling everyone that comes for dinner throughout the holidays, "Oh yeah, Lucic was scared of me. He wouldn't fight." until his mom gets sick of hearing it and sends him downstairs to his room.

Didn't he play that card in that domestic disturbance a few years ago?

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" *throws cell phone on the ground*

Something to that effect.

Anyway, what is it with Vancouver and hockey and dumbassery?

Not only that, but the guy can really throw if he needs to the wannabe tough kid was really lucky here

This is very true. I think he's actually a tiny bit underrated as a fighter. It's not just that he's massive and mean. He knows what he's doing.

Generally, you have to be a special kind of stupid and/or profoundly intoxicated to think that starting s*** with Milan Lucic is a good idea. And that actually applies to most NHLers, never mind "ordinary people."

Milan Lucic: "Other than being at Rogers Arena, you'll never see me in downtown Vancouver again. I'm done trying to defend city I'm from"

Lucic referenced his Serbian church defaced by graffiti, grndparents getting pelted w/food during SCF and attack as last straw for Vancouver

He did soften on his statements about his hometown later in the week.

"This has been a very difficult week for me given the recent events that took place in my hometown of Vancouver," he said in a statement released by the team Wednesday. "As I have had more time to think I want to make it clear that regardless of what has happened, I am still -- and always will be -- proud to be from there. It is home.

"While the actions of a few individuals have deeply upset me and will impact the time I spend downtown going forward, I will not let those incidents diminish the love and pride I have for the city as a whole. This will be my final comment on this subject."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/10161478/milan-lucic-boston-bruins-softens-proud-vancouver

Until this incident I hadn't heard the stories about his grandparents being harassed and his church getting vandalized. I realize it's not the whole fan base, but based on my personal experience with them at games, on the internet, and the crap like this that you read about in the news, Vancouver fans are the worst.

It's too bad because the Canucks were one of my favorite teams growing up.

He did soften on his statements about his hometown later in the week.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/10161478/milan-lucic-boston-bruins-softens-proud-vancouver

Until this incident I hadn't heard the stories about his grandparents being harassed and his church getting vandalized. I realize it's not the whole fan base, but based on my personal experience with them at games, on the internet, and the crap like this that you read about in the news, Vancouver fans are the worst.

It's too bad because the Canucks were one of my favorite teams growing up.

I think it's just a shame in europe we call "fans" like this Hooligans meaning their main interest isn't the game it's getting into brawls with other fans. If I were a pro athlete making such crazy money the first thing I'd do is providing my family and friends with bodyguards at away games.

Whatever guys. Fighting is a part of hockey, always has been and always will be. If Lucic wants to go home and do things that are perfectly legal and in accordance with standard practices and norms, he better be willing to drop the gloves.

Whatever guys. Fighting is a part of hockey, always has been and always will be. If Lucic wants to go home and do things that are perfectly legal and in accordance with standard practices and norms, he better be willing to drop the gloves.

I have no idea the point you are trying to make. What the heck does this even mean?