• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

He did soften on his statements about his hometown later in the week.  

"This has been a very difficult week for me given the recent events that took place in my hometown of Vancouver," he said in a statement released by the team Wednesday. "As I have had more time to think I want to make it clear that regardless of what has happened, I am still -- and always will be -- proud to be from there. It is home.

"While the actions of a few individuals have deeply upset me and will impact the time I spend downtown going forward, I will not let those incidents diminish the love and pride I have for the city as a whole. This will be my final comment on this subject."

http://espn.go.com/b...proud-vancouver

Until this incident I hadn't heard the stories about his grandparents being harassed and his church getting vandalized.  I realize it's not the whole fan base, but based on my personal experience with them at games, on the internet, and the crap like this that you read about in the news, Vancouver fans are the worst.

It's too bad because the Canucks were one of my favorite teams growing up.  

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

He did soften on his statements about his hometown later in the week.  

http://espn.go.com/b...proud-vancouver

Until this incident I hadn't heard the stories about his grandparents being harassed and his church getting vandalized.  I realize it's not the whole fan base, but based on my personal experience with them at games, on the internet, and the crap like this that you read about in the news, Vancouver fans are the worst.

It's too bad because the Canucks were one of my favorite teams growing up.  

I think it's just a shame in europe we call "fans" like this Hooligans meaning their main interest isn't the game it's getting into brawls with other fans. If I were a pro athlete making such crazy money the first thing I'd do is providing my family and friends with bodyguards at away games.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#23 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Whatever guys.  Fighting is a part of hockey, always has been and always will be.  If Lucic wants to go home and do things that are perfectly legal and in accordance with standard practices and norms, he better be willing to drop the gloves.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#24 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Whatever guys.  Fighting is a part of hockey, always has been and always will be.  If Lucic wants to go home and do things that are perfectly legal and in accordance with standard practices and norms, he better be willing to drop the gloves.

I have no idea the point you are trying to make.  What the heck does this even mean?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#25 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have no idea the point you are trying to make.  What the heck does this even mean?

If want to do things that are perfectly legal and normal, you have to fight to do it.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Then why wasn't he wearing short pants and long socks?  That's his normal attire when he fights.  Or maybe short pants and long socks isn't normal attire and hockey players shouldn't be forced to do it because no one else wears that sort of get-up to their jobs.

Or maybe certain situations call for different actions, dress codes, etc.

I'll have to think about it.  I'm greasing down my wetsuit for a visit to the dentist.  I decided I wanted to knit a scarf and eat a cheeseburger so I'll have comb my hair.

What?  They're all perfectly normal activities.  Shouldn't they be expected?