• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

They are good, for sure, but their D and goaltending is nowhere near where it was last year and their special teams are horrendous. 

Their record is slightly better than how they've been playing, while they've been winning a ton of games, they've also been involved in a lot of really tight ones, and have blown some leads against teams they had no business doing poorly against. That said, they are still pretty darn good.

I think a team like LA or STL would have a good chance at taking them in a series this playoffs. Sure don't want to see them do well at all...

Agreed and I'm starting to think the Anaheim Ducks would be capable of doing the same, but man Pietrangelo - Bouwmeester (spelling?) versus Keith - Seabrook are two pairing I'd kill to see them in a winged wheel.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#22 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

I don't see where the Blackhawks defense or goaltending areas are a problem. Things were said badly about them last year and look how that turned out. I'm sure they can be beaten but it's not going to be easy. Too much firepower up front. As mentioned yes going through the playoffs this year in the West will extremely difficult for every team that makes it. As of right now I still think the Hawks are the top team in the West and of course still the Stanley Cup champs.