#61 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Fallacies you committed:
1. Ad hominem/Abusive fallacy
2. Post hoc ergo propter hoc (and you can't even prove the post hoc)
3. Texas sharp-shooter
4. Fallacy of composition

And those are just a few.

On top of your flip-flopping, you consistently argue with poor logic and reasoning. Hate to be the **** that picks apart your arguments like this, but you were begging for it after calling Echolalia "illogical", and I think you only reaffirmed his "highschool" assertion.

The saddest part is I'm a pro-enforcer guy like yourself.

You bring shame to my people.

EDIT: My advice to you is don't make a controversial assertion around here unless you can back it up. Most LGW members know their sh**

thanks for making me google texas sharpshooter! :clap:

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#62 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Must have missed all those "massive hits" we've been a victim of.  Any evidence to back that up?  No, listing injuries doesn't count.

People seem to somehow forget we're a puck possession team.  If we're out there chasing guys, making big hits, then that means we don't have the puck. 

It's no coincidence many of the teams who lead in hits, are the worst in puck possession.

What Red Wings have you been watching? We are no longer the puck possession team we once were. There's a reason why we lost to Ottawa, a team where really on paper we're more skilled than. You want evidence? Go watch the Ottawa games this season. Zetterberg and Datsyuk both shutdown by big bodies. I don't need to find the evidence for you, Mickey Redmond does most of the talking at the games were the euro twins get shutdown by big guys. 

Now massive hits are equivalent to being shut down by a big body? Lol you don't WANT TO go find evidence because you don't have any to find.

Abby and Dats took cheap shots. Is that what your advocating for?

#63 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

You mean like when Philly played theirs against us recently and won by being overly physical?

esteef

Sure, those ten minutes and three hits that Rinaldo and Rosehill combined for really won the game for them!

Were you actually being serious?

#64 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just curious - the big bad ducks - who we just lost to - are just coming out the other side of a horrendous injury list.  Are they too soft now?

The Pens are without their top-4 D.  Are they too soft now?

Also notice how after the Quincey hit on Getzlaf, the big bad Ducks all stood around and did nothing.  Their bigness and badness did nothing to stop Quincey, and they didn't make him "pay" afterwards in order to deter future hits and injuries to their players.

Big bad Ducks?

What year is this?  Their team isn't that tough anymore.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#65 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Big bad Ducks?

What year is this?  Their team isn't that tough anymore.  

Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Beauchemin, Allen, Maroon, Jackman, Fistric, Yonkman, Steckel

Tougher than most that's for sure.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#66 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Beauchemin, Allen, Maroon, Jackman, Fistric, Yonkman, Steckel

Half of those guys hardly ever fight.  Their rosters many years ago were way tougher.  

As far as being big and physical, they are bigger than most.  But I don't think of them as a goon team anymore.  Far from it.  Not enough real enforcers on that roster.    

#67 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Half of those guys hardly ever fight.  Their rosters many years ago were way tougher.  

As far as being big and physical, they are bigger than most.  But I don't think of them as a goon team anymore.  Far from it.  Not enough real enforcers on that roster.    

I was more referring to the fact that they're an aggressive team who's tough to play against.  Team toughness.

You don't have to be a goon to be "big and bad".

edit - I thought this discussion was centered around "big and bad" players and how they're aggressive style can have an impact on games.  Not goons or fighting.

Edited by Son of a Wing, 19 December 2013 - 07:43 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#68 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

I was more referring to the fact that they're an aggressive team who's tough to play against.  Team toughness.

You don't have to be a goon to be "big and bad".

edit - I thought this discussion was centered around "big and bad" players and how they're aggressive style can have an impact on games.  Not goons or fighting.

Go read the first sentence in the entire thread.    :nhl_crach:

#69 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Go read the first sentence in the entire thread.    :nhl_crach:

Yeah....again it has nothing to do with fighting.  It's how hitting and aggressive play has an effect on the opposition.

Vince Lombardi

#70 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yeah....again it has nothing to do with fighting.  It's how hitting and aggressive play has an effect on the opposition.

OR it's about having an enforcer to curtail some of those hits and aggressive plays and whether people think it works or not.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#71 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

That's not what the words "legitimate enforcer" mean to me.  

If the OP meant otherwise, he should have chosen a different topic sentence.  

#72 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

That's not big bad Getzlaf, Maroon, Yonkman, Jackman are physical yeah but let them square off against some real tough teams, I'll doubt either one of them wants to dance with Thornton, Orr, Mclaren, Lucic, McGrattan.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#73 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

That's not big bad Getzlaf, Maroon, Yonkman, Jackman are physical yeah but let them square off against some real tough teams, I'll doubt either one of them wants to dance with Thornton, Orr, Mclaren, Lucic, McGrattan.

FIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT!  FIGHT GOOD, NO FIGHT...BAD!!!!  FIGHT!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."