• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Gusto

Gusto

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

The injuries have nothing to do with them losing. They were doing this even before this all took place. These Players even the ones in the AHL need to be NHL ready. They also need to play as a Team and work hard. This is Bulls*** I'm sorry people I won't accept this. They are getting paid Millions of Dollars to play a Game! If they can't play at the NHL Level than why the hell are they even on the Team let alone Drafted in the NHL Already? 

All tell you why because we've got to many teams in the NHL. Most of these players would even have made it in! In the old NHL. There needs to be no more excuse's of this team no more I'm sick of them losing. They are Millionaires most of them playing a Game! Where we the Middle Class citizen don't get enough money to pay Bills or stuff like that.

So we the Fan need to expect only perfection  only that from them this is a 6 Original Club they  need to Honour and Cherish the Team that plays there Salary. 

19 days ago you were saying these Red Wings were better than the 2002 team. Maybe don't ride the highs and lows so much when it's still December and there's lots of hockey to be played.

#22 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

Things do change you know. I let it go when they lost the last few games but this has got to stop or they won't make the playoffs or even get a WildCard spot. 

I feel like I'm talking Baseball? WildCard why? Why Why this is supposed be the NHL look what they have done to are near perfect game that was 90s Hockey. They ruined it. My Dad's favorite Team the Montreal Canadiens are playing great of late. I mean I have to deal with that. So you can see  why I want my team to win! 

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

The injuries have nothing to do with them losing. They were doing this even before this all took place. These Players even the ones in the AHL need to be NHL ready. They also need to play as a Team and work hard. This is Bulls*** I'm sorry people I won't accept this. They are getting paid Millions of Dollars to play a Game! If they can't play at the NHL Level than why the hell are they even on the Team let alone Drafted in the NHL Already? 

All tell you why because we've got to many teams in the NHL. Most of these players would even have made it in! In the old NHL. There needs to be no more excuse's of this team no more I'm sick of them losing. They are Millionaires most of them playing a Game! Where we the Middle Class citizen don't get enough money to pay Bills or stuff like that.

So we the Fan need to expect only perfection  only that from them this is a 6 Original Club they  need to Honour and Cherish the Team that plays there Salary. 

2 freaking weeks ago http://www.letsgowin...dpost&p=2460019 --> this edition is better than the 2002 and now another 180 degree turnaround, so what is it?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#24 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

To answer the question not anytime soon.

Obviously need to get healthy. 

The upside if there was any to all this is our schedule looks decent up until we hit that 5 game road swing starting January 4th. Stars, Sharks, Kings, Ducks then the Rags. If we aren't healthy by then. 

It's going to be a big sh** show

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Can Detroit turn things around?

We can and we will.

We will find what things need turning.  We will find a way to grasp them.  We will agree on a common direction in which to turn these things.  We will lift as one and turn these things in unison.

Then Cleary will fall down, Sammy will overshoot the target destination, every player that hasn't been the blank in a "Bench Blank!" thread will be injured from the lopsided weight distribution, and LGW will have a debate on the effect an enforcer would have had on the things.

April will come, the injuries will have healed, the GR kids who have earned the ice time will get it, and we'll head into the playoffs to meet our fate, whatever it may be.

We'll look back and marvel at the things that we turned once we got over our injuries, felt the pressure of looking at the playoff picture on the bubble, and focused on winning.

Can we turn things around?  You bet your sweet bippy, we can.  And a Zetterberg will lead them all.

#26 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

LGW will have a debate on the effect an enforcer would have had on the things.

:lol:

Taxes, death, trouble, and this.

Edit: got excited and hit submit. To the point, yes, I agree they can and will turn things around. Will it be to the satisfaction of some around here? Probably not, but I would really like to give a healthy roster with time to gel a good look.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 18 December 2013 - 04:20 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#27 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thats a joke right?

A comedic injection used to induce humor? UMMMMM.....ok, we have EIGHT ...8 guys out of the line up. Our Conn Smythe, point leading Captian Z. Our 2nd best defenseman in Deke. Our streaky, floaty, frustrating but lovable Mule headed sniper, our #1 Goalie, The Best third line centre and one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, our swedish rookie sensation, Our kinda agitator Abby and Weiss. That has nothing to do with losing?

You CANNOT be serious (In my best McEnroe voice)

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#28 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Anyone saw Babs post game interview...

http://video.redwing...14551&catid=136

I mean he's absolutely right,but if you want to turn the things around,you don't call the(fragile)team,at least not in public like that :confused:

#29 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

It seems to me that the Detroit Red Wings are not focused. We either get shut-out,don't put up a good effort, or take the lead and then when the 3rd starts Detroit says "nah don't feeling like winning, you guys take it."  So I have a very serious question. What NEEDS to change in order to stay playoff material? To end the bad 3rd periods? To actully be a threat?

P.S. Pretend you're the new coach of the Detroit Red Wings.

To be playoff material:  get healthy and consistent goalie play

To end bad periods: get healthy and consistent goalie play

To be a threat:  get healthy, great goalie play, play the best we are capable of playing  and hope for subpar goaltending and play from the opponent.  By threat if you mean actually a threat to win the Cup and not just making out of first round of playoffs, those are the things the Wings will need.

#30 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Sure - they can absolutely turn things around.  The olympic break is going to be huge for an old team like the wings are in total.

Also - the East sucks.  It isn't like they're in the West and will be buried with 20 games to play.  No one except for Montreal and Pittspuke are more than above average.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.