• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#321 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Our positioning and system play last night was horrific.  This is all consequence of new guys playing with each other.  To be honest, we're lucky the score wasn't 11-2.  The Ducks missed some great opportunities and open nets.  One power play they had the back door option open and the pass was missed twice....net was wide open.

I'm looking for any feedback or help on this question I've been thinking about.  My thoughts are that for the past few years, it seems are injuries (in terms of players and missed games) has been way above average in the NHL.  Last year we the the big "groin" syndrome, etc...  Does anyone know if this is true?  Also, if this is true, could our Wings staff be hurting us??  Meaning, training staff.  Coaches (e.g. practices at wrong times without enough rest, too much rest, etc...), strength and conditioning staff, nutritionist??  Could we be doing anything better to prevent what seems like a trend of our players missing so many games?  

ENJOY THE RIDE

#322 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Our positioning and system play last night was horrific. This is all consequence of new guys playing with each other. To be honest, we're lucky the score wasn't 11-2. The Ducks missed some great opportunities and open nets. One power play they had the back door option open and the pass was missed twice....net was wide open.

I'm looking for any feedback or help on this question I've been thinking about. My thoughts are that for the past few years, it seems are injuries (in terms of players and missed games) has been way above average in the NHL. Last year we the the big "groin" syndrome, etc... Does anyone know if this is true? Also, if this is true, could our Wings staff be hurting us?? Meaning, training staff. Coaches (e.g. practices at wrong times without enough rest, too much rest, etc...), strength and conditioning staff, nutritionist?? Could we be doing anything better to prevent what seems like a trend of our players missing so many games?

I don't know if it's actually true but it seems like injuries are up across the league. Last season I thought it was because of the lockout shortened season. But like Mick said last night, there's more and more people thinking the game has gotten too fast and that's what's causing so many injuries these last few years.

#323 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Something that I noticed last night, Babs seems done with Sammy. Something that reinforces that thought, Jordin Tootoo has been recalled from GR!

#NOMOREKINDL