• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

12/17 GDT: Ducks 5 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Ok, I didn't see the game. How did we look, considering we've got a high school roster?

Just be happy you didn't see it, train wreck would be an understatement. Screw high school roster I've seen mite teams play better.

Edited by wings87

Ok, I didn't see the game. How did we look, considering we've got a high school roster?

Exactly as you would expect from your description. Most disappointing aspect was the healthy (minus DeKeyser) d-men having serious coverage issues in the first period. Monster wasn't sharp either, but the defense was atrocious given we knew the forwards were depleted and likely not going to score much.

Otherwise, a healthy and really good team took advanatge of a team with eight regulars out and no confidence to boot.

What is going on with the Detroit Red Wings? I mean they are playing like Garbage. Mike needs to do something and so does Ken Holland cause this team is playing like Garbage I mean we need to quite playing like this. Are we a NHL Team or are we a Team from College or a High School Hockey Team? I mean we need to start playing like we are a NHL Team people! I give MY Favourite Team a F-

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986

When are players are getting paid Millions of Dollars to play a Game we all love which is Hockey and there playing like they are still in College or High School than they need to withhold pay until they can start playing like they are in the NHL.

People will you ever see Millions of Dollars? These Players are getting way over paid. The Payers need to start playing for the Love of the Game in-stand of the Money!!

NHL Players are way over priced! I have had it with my Team losing! It's time for them to grow up and start playing like they belong in the NHL! We will lose Winter Classic this year if we don't get this stuff turned around.

That's why I Stopped paying for my NHL Centre Ice after a Month cause this Team is Bad VERY Bad!! Bunch of ungrateful Millionaires I mean Red Wings Players. If they don't want to be there? Than Let's sign up are Detroit Red Wings's Players who don't wanna be here with Proper Jobs and see how they like it working for Minimum wage in-stand of there Million dollar style wages.

We are all masochists now.

After every game I ask myself can this get any worse and then after the following game they show me it can.

Does this team have a rock bottom? It feels like they hit the bottom so hard they just kept going.

Edited by wings87

That's why I Stopped paying for my NHL Centre Ice after a Month cause this Team is Bad VERY Bad!! Bunch of ungrateful Millionaires I mean Red Wings Players. If they don't want to be there? Than Let's sign up are Detroit Red Wings's Players who don't wanna be here with Proper Jobs and see how they like it working for Minimum wage in-stand of there Million dollar style wages.

You're still paying for Centre ice until the end of the season. You will no longer be charged beginning next season.

My Favourite Team is playing Bad.. : ( I don't support some team getting paid Millions to play & they play like they belong in a Different League other than the NHL. I will always support my favourite team but I don't think this is what #11 thought would happen when he Signed for 5.5 Million which was a over payment for him.

The only player who is playing and that's #26 The Magician I have a lot of Faith in him!!! He's going to be the World's Greatest Player this worlds ever seen in time!!! He's going to be just as great as #13!!!!!!!

You're still paying for Centre ice until the end of the season. You will no longer be charged beginning next season.

I paid the monthly fee not for the whole season!! I paid 18 a month!! On-line only!!

When are players are getting paid Millions of Dollars to play a Game we all love which is Hockey and there playing like they are still in College or High School than they need to withhold pay until they can start playing like they are in the NHL.

People will you ever see Millions of Dollars? These Players are getting way over paid. The Payers need to start playing for the Love of the Game in-stand of the Money!!

NHL Players are way over priced! I have had it with my Team losing! It's time for them to grow up and start playing like they belong in the NHL! We will lose Winter Classic this year if we don't get this stuff turned around.

This team almost iced an AHL roster against a top 2 or 3 western team, what did people expect? I'm not shocked they've lost also blaming the monster for this game makes me laugh do people honestly believe Howard would have won that game?

With all the injuries (not usingthem as an excuse mind you), there was no way to win it, at least at the positive side nobody got hurt.

I don't care if it is a Near AHL Roster they are supposed to be NHL Ready no matter what. They are being paid Millions or Thousands of Dollars. There getting paid more than will ever see they get to have all of this stuff.

We the people who work for a living. Aren't getting paid as much as them when we should.

I like how people like us the fans accept this unfair pay.

Ken Holland should call a Emergency Meeting with the Team and he needs to be a Ass to them. And Withhold pay if they don't preform like they pay them too do. This is getting worse by the day and there's no excuse for it no excuse for it what's so ever.

What ever happened to the Montreal Canadian way? If you didn't do what you were supposed to you were gone didn't matter who you were you were gone! They need to bring that back old time Hockey! This Hockey really bits.

I'm pretty sure withholding pay for lack of production is breach of contract and illegal, so that's a non-option. I also don't think the Detroit Red Wings have a long standing tradition of following the Montreal Canadian way so i'm not entirely sure what the relation or reference to that means.

Players aren't programmed to be suddenly called up and be NHL ready, that's why there is an NHL level and an AHL level. AHL players are not supposed to be NHL ready, that's why they are in the AHL to develop. It's also why a healthy AHL team would get destroyed by an NHL team. It isn't a level playing field, you have young, inexperienced players being put into first-time NHL scenarios and the expectation of them to suddenly start being productive and keep the team at a top notch level isn't realistic.

If you run a factory with 20 employees and 8 veterans are replaced by 8 new hires the overall production won't maintain it's normal pace, it will drop until all the new guys get a hang of things and learn how things work. Its a similar situation.

This team almost iced an AHL roster against a top 2 or 3 western team, what did people expect? I'm not shocked they've lost also blaming the monster for this game makes me laugh do people honestly believe Howard would have won that game?

With all the injuries (not usingthem as an excuse mind you), there was no way to win it, at least at the positive side nobody got hurt.

Agreed. Though I will say a couple of those goals Monster probably should've had.

Ultimately it wouldn't have made a difference because the team was soundly outplayed by a physical, great cycling team in the Ducks. But it would have at least made for a less humiliating stretch in the first period if Monster came up big on one of those.

And I know this won't be a popular opinion but at this point I'd take Quincey over Kindl, just lower Q's minutes. Instead of being the stabilizing force the Wings need from a more experienced guys, games like this just highlight Kindl's weaknesses. I want to scream at the tv every time he needlessly lobs the puck out to center ice instead of waiting two seconds to make the outlet pass.

Our positioning and system play last night was horrific. This is all consequence of new guys playing with each other. To be honest, we're lucky the score wasn't 11-2. The Ducks missed some great opportunities and open nets. One power play they had the back door option open and the pass was missed twice....net was wide open.

I'm looking for any feedback or help on this question I've been thinking about. My thoughts are that for the past few years, it seems are injuries (in terms of players and missed games) has been way above average in the NHL. Last year we the the big "groin" syndrome, etc... Does anyone know if this is true? Also, if this is true, could our Wings staff be hurting us?? Meaning, training staff. Coaches (e.g. practices at wrong times without enough rest, too much rest, etc...), strength and conditioning staff, nutritionist?? Could we be doing anything better to prevent what seems like a trend of our players missing so many games?

Our positioning and system play last night was horrific. This is all consequence of new guys playing with each other. To be honest, we're lucky the score wasn't 11-2. The Ducks missed some great opportunities and open nets. One power play they had the back door option open and the pass was missed twice....net was wide open.

I'm looking for any feedback or help on this question I've been thinking about. My thoughts are that for the past few years, it seems are injuries (in terms of players and missed games) has been way above average in the NHL. Last year we the the big "groin" syndrome, etc... Does anyone know if this is true? Also, if this is true, could our Wings staff be hurting us?? Meaning, training staff. Coaches (e.g. practices at wrong times without enough rest, too much rest, etc...), strength and conditioning staff, nutritionist?? Could we be doing anything better to prevent what seems like a trend of our players missing so many games?

I don't know if it's actually true but it seems like injuries are up across the league. Last season I thought it was because of the lockout shortened season. But like Mick said last night, there's more and more people thinking the game has gotten too fast and that's what's causing so many injuries these last few years.