• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dragonballgtz

Tom Wilson Hit on Brayden Schenn

Rate this topic

Have players even been complaining about the NHL not doing anything? I've heard plenty of fans complain but seems like most players stay pretty tight lipped regarding suspension policies.

As for the hit I'm watching on my phone so it's hard to tell but it looks like charging and boarding even without Schenn turning at the end. Not sure how Schenn didn't see it coming though. He had his head up until the end.

Edit: wondering if I mistook the OP's point. I thought you were implying it was Schenn's fault. But now wonder if you're saying it's players doing it to each other. If it's the latter then my answer is because there will always be POS players willing to injure guys to keep their spot in the lineup and POS GM's and coaches willing to sign and play them. See: Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres.

(just realized when I use tapatalk my posts are basically one long paragraph, regardless of how it looks on my phone)

Blatant charge no doubt. Suspension worthy. Schenn needs to be much more aware though. You can't turn into the boards last second. Especially in the corner.

he did look a little like a deer in the head lights with that slooooow turn back.

I'd still have to put an end to running my mates like that with a major face pummeling. Nothing against a good hard clean hit, but that wasn't one o f them.

Blatant charge no doubt. Suspension worthy. Schenn needs to be much more aware though. You can't turn into the boards last second. Especially in the corner.

My thoughts exactly. I've said the same thing a million times. Players need to take hits properly and quit turning like that. Kronwall turned and got killed, Getzlaf tried to turn last night and Quincey wrecked his face from behind and now Schenn gets destroyed. That was definitely charging, but it's on the guy that gets hit to take it and soften the blow.

And if that was me and buddy that's 6'4 charges at me and accelerates through his hit, I'd submarine that prick and thumb his eye while he collects his knee caps.

Looks like Kronwallings...

My thoughts exactly. I've said the same thing a million times. Players need to take hits properly and quit turning like that. Kronwall turned and got killed, Getzlaf tried to turn last night and Quincey wrecked his face from behind and now Schenn gets destroyed. That was definitely charging, but it's on the guy that gets hit to take it and soften the blow.

And if that was me and buddy that's 6'4 charges at me and accelerates through his hit, I'd submarine that prick and thumb his eye while he collects his knee caps.

Looks like Kronwallings...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=652081

Clearly not kronwalling...

This is a by product of to many rules. For many years when a guy came charging at you like that, you were allowed to protect yourself by putting up your arms and yes your stick. The only one that gets hurt is the guy doing the charging. Micky talks about this all the time that players can't defend themselves anymore. Nor do player know how to take a hit anymore. When DD got hurt he showed the replay and talked about it, then compared to a hit Helm took where he was face up to the glass and used his arms to cushion the hit. But then again the NHL stopped calling charging years ago and this is what happens.

Clean or dirty argument aside.....that dude got laid out big time. I'd watch hits like that all day, assuming guys like Toews, Kane, or Hossa were taking them.

Sure it's entertaining, but really? I see you're in Illinoise (I'm sorry) so I understand your hatred for the Hawks.

Disclaimer: I love big, hard and sometimes bonecrushing hits and all that rough stuff but Wilson really? I know Brayden is to blame here too, for horrible positioning but boy that was an obvious charge, to me it seems like (watching it on the 10' tablet), that Wilson even picked up speed for the hit. Love the response from Grossman and Simmonds, wouldn't surprise if Schenn would be out with a concussion :(

Do that against the Calgaryflames or Boston Bruins and Wilson doesn't leave the ice standing. This should be 5 - 8 games.

Disclaimer: I love big, hard and sometimes bonecrushing hits and all that rough stuff but Wilson really? I know Brayden is to blame here too, for horrible positioning but boy that was an obvious charge, to me it seems like (watching it on the 10' tablet), that Wilson even picked up speed for the hit. Love the response from Grossman and Simmonds, wouldn't surprise if Schenn would be out with a concussion :(

Do that against the Calgaryflames or Boston Bruins and Wilson doesn't leave the ice standing. This should be 5 - 8 games.

No concussion, just neck strain. Tough kid

That wasn't a charge. Wilson was forechecking the puck obviously racing in from the bench, the collision was spontaneous and incidental to the forecheck and wilson joining the play. When wilson initiated contact Schenn was in the grey zone. No way you can pin it on Wilson, the game is moving fast. Schenn is known for his big hits anyways, can't a player taste his own medicine once in awhile.

Interesting...no suspension. They felt the last second turn attributed largely to the result of the hit.

I actually like Shanny's explanation.

The reality is though that had Schenn not been so lucky and gotten a concussion, Wilson would've been suspended because it looks bad otherwise.

Same hit with a different outcome, very different punishment. The league's policy of basing suspensions heavily on injury (or lack thereof) is idiotic.

The reality is though that had Schenn not been so lucky and gotten a concussion, Wilson would've been suspended because it looks bad otherwise.

Same hit with a different outcome, very different punishment. The league's policy of basing suspensions heavily on injury (or lack thereof) is idiotic.

This is something I am afraid to say I agree with. Unfortunately had Schenn come up bloody (even superficially) or been completely out Havlat-style then there would have been a suspension.

Going over the video and not having seen the Shanny video explanation, I think it was a borderline charge (he built up speed, stopped skating to watch where the puck was, then accelerated again when Schenn took control) and the worst part was probably that he decided to do the make-contact-and-throw-arms-out check instead of hitting shoulder to shoulder (the 100% clean way of hitting).