• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

No Suspension for Quincey's Hit on Getzlaf

Rate this topic

I was trying to tell everyone yesterday this wouldn't garner a suspension. Quincey barely did anything and I still think Getzlaugh threw himself into the boards more than anything. More of a dumb luck positioning play than a dirty hit from behind. Everyone freaked out because it looked bad, which we have all complained about players being suspended about the outcome rather than the play.

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman

Wings GM just texted and said Kyle Quincey won't be suspended for hit from behind to Ryan Getzlaf.

https://twitter.com/wingsfrontman/status/413397960139882496

Son of a.....please fix my stupid spelling error in the title.

Edited by rrasco

I was trying to tell everyone yesterday this wouldn't garner a suspension. Quincey barely did anything and I still think Getzlaugh threw himself into the boards more than anything. More of a dumb luck positioning play than a dirty hit from behind. Everyone freaked out because it looked bad, which we have all complained about players being suspended about the outcome rather than the play.

https://twitter.com/wingsfrontman/status/413397960139882496

Son of a.....please fix my stupid spelling error in the title.

Thanks for the info.

And if your spelling error is the most troublesome part of my day, I'll have an awesome day. E

i didnt keep up with the gdt but when i was watching i thought the penalty was overboard. 2 or 4 minutes would have been plenty sufficient. it was just bad luck with how getzlaf fell into the boards.

So then when Kronwall turned into the hit a few weeks ago, all of you were ok with that hit as well? just trying to find some consistency on this stuff, because there is none. Q hit him-very lightly granted, from behind. That should either always be a penalty or always be ok. I love physical hockey, but hits from behind should never allowed. If you see if coming you can protect yourself. You can't if you don't.

So then when Kronwall turned into the hit a few weeks ago, all of you were ok with that hit as well? just trying to find some consistency on this stuff, because there is none. Q hit him-very lightly granted, from behind. That should either always be a penalty or always be ok. I love physical hockey, but hits from behind should never allowed. If you see if coming you can protect yourself. You can't if you don't.

You really think this is comparable to the Kronwall hit? That in itself would explain why you see such an inconsistency. lol

I don't even consider what Quincey did as a hit. He was stopping just like Getzlaf, except he didn't toe pick. As mentioned above, that play happens 30 times a game and is never given a second look. Q was a good 2 feet away from the boards at any time in the play.

No, because McLeod actually barreled into him. He never tried to stop, let up, or do anything to prevent slamming Kronwall into the boards. He also actually drove his head into the boards by contact, which contributed to the injury. Charging, boarding, call it what you will. It may have been part Kronwall's fault for turning into it, but that's two different scenarios IMO. There is a reason McLeod was suspended and Quincey was not.

Edited by rrasco

i personally think getzlaf tried to embellish the hit and caught his toe in a rut.

quincy looked like he gave a "bounce off" push to him, getz went for the duck (no pun) and added on to the impact.

once he realized (split second) he was going in awkward...it was too late.

face....meet wall.

but thats just me. look at quincey's reaction....he couldnt believe that getz went down so....funny.

i personally think getzlaf tried to embellish the hit and caught his toe in a rut.

quincy looked like he gave a "bounce off" push to him, getz went for the duck (no pun) and added on to the impact.

once he realized (split second) he was going in awkward...it was too late.

face....meet wall.

but thats just me. look at quincey's reaction....he couldnt believe that getz went down so....funny.

This. He lost control of his dive.

esteef

Good to know I'm not alone thinking this was non-sense. People last night were making me second guess myself.

Mickey even pointed it out last night that it was a fluke incident. Ken Daniels on the other hand, well, let's just say it further solidifies some of our hunches that he visits this site because he was pretty adamant that Quincey "could very well be suspended". :tounge:

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Good to know I'm not alone thinking this was non-sense. People last night were making me second guess myself.

It was a gratuitous hit that has no place in this game, and I demand a lifetime ban, and a compensatory draft pick for Detroit for this ugly callous hit that has no place in the game!

Interesting watching this on 24/7. The ref makes clear that because Getzlaf was bleeding he had to give Quincey a 5 and a game misconduct.....without that its just a 2 minute minor. Certainly explains why there was no hint of a suspension.