• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
germanwing

Tootoo called up

Rate this topic

I'm pretty stoked for this. Shouldn't have been him that got sent down in the first place but that's just how it goes. Especially with that cursed contract Sammy fooled the Wings into signing. Atleast we will get to see some genuine energy next game. Toots!

This was on my Xmas list...oh, and Im 42 years old and not ashamed.

This dude never should have been parceled out to Gr.... Give him 12-14 mins a night!

If he knows he's not literally 'fighting' for a spot, he can focus on his stregths and be an impactful point creator/getter/agitator and bloody a nose if people look at Datz the wrong way.

It's a Christmas miracle!! There is zero reason why he hasn't played a game yet this season, but better late than never.

He played 8 games for the Wings this season before being waived. But I agree, he should always be a regular.

It's a Christmas miracle!! There is zero reason why he hasn't played a game yet this season, but better late than never.

Actually, he's played 8 games according to the official Red Wings website.

Now we just need him to play more.

EDIT: Sorry, Hooon. I see you posted this whilst I was fact-checking. My apologies to the both of you.

Edited by 55fan

I can't figure out why he didn't get more playing time when he was up. Was it the timing of his penalties? Did Babcock think he took stupid penalties?

One thing for sure, it wasn't because of lack of effort or lack of grit. If all the Wings played with as much enthusiasm as 22, they would have twice as many wins as they do now.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest Playmaker

I was never a fan of the Tootoo signing and was surprised he wasn't bought out, in light of how he was used his first season here. That said, I thought he never really got the opportunity he deserved and when he did play, he did pretty much what one would expect him to do. I'm rooting for him and hope he does well, even if it means he gets an opportunity somewhere else.

So my sister asked and I answered, but now I'm not sure...

Does Tootoo have to clear waivers should he be sent down again? Or, since Alf missed practice with a "possible injury" thus leaving the team with 11 forwards, does this count as an emergency call-up, and does that status change if Alf does play (which I am understanding that he will and missing practice was just due to it being outdoors and was precautionary)?

It took me years to understand the old CBA. Now I'm a rookie again. Any help is appreciated.

Is this a move just to have a fighter vs Toronto in front of the HBO's cameras? :lol:

On a serious note,glad he's back.Hope he'll be smarter this time and not to hit just for the sake of doing it and leave the line-mates in trouble.