• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
germanwing

Tootoo called up

Rate this topic

How about we keep Toots up and waive/send down Sammy? he is basically a healthy scratch every game anyways.

I really hope Kenny finds a way to get rid of Sammy. The further the season goes along, the less he'd cost a team (especially if we retain salary) He can only submit a list of teams he wouldn't go to, so theoretically a deal could be made. Here's hoping :lol:

Toot alors!! :w00t:

I think his energy can only be a good thing. I know he's very happy right now, and will play his butt off to stay up with the Wings.

Now, selfishly, I wanted to see him in January, when the Griffs are here in Austin for two games, but I will sacrifice my wishes to have Toots bring it for the Wings.

Woohoo, 22!!!

Certainly would have liked to see Eaves and Tootoo remain with the Red Wings all along, but hopefully both show enough in this opportunity to replace the likes of Samuelsson and Cleary namely when healthy bodies get back.

This team desperately needs a spark and something to get them engaged through this rough stretch. Tootoo should provide that at least.

I'm glad Tootoo is back but why is Sammy the 1st we want gone? I think Dan the Man is a much worse player than Sammy, and he should be the 1st to go. After you can choose Sammy/Miller I really don't care.

Edited by ben_usmc

We all know which players need to be gone...it just sucks that when our hurt are mended, the same guys will be going back to GR because there will be no cap room again and Lord knows that Bert, Sammy, Cleary and Q just have to be on this team the rest of the season...

Glad Tootoo is back up, he deserves to be here. Wonder what would have happened had Tootoo been player when Datsyuk got his elbow....hmmmm....

I really enjoy watching the kids play, unfortunate that they will have to go back. If Holland could somehow grow a set and just do whatever it takes to get rid of the dead weight. I know Sammy would have to give a list a teams he won't go to, but just tell him, submit the teams because you are being traded or being sent to the minors to rot. Sure the cap relief would be small, but I'd much rather have Tootoo or Eaves here than Sammy. Same goes with Cleary, just waive him right now, I don't care if he plays in GR or not, the roster spot is more valuable!

I would much rather have Tootoo, Eaves Nyquist, Tatar and Ouellet in the lineup over Bertuzzi, Sammy, Cleary or Quincey. I hope an "injury" per say comes up for some LTIR relief from Sammy AND Cleary! That way Tootoo can stay.

We all know which players need to be gone...it just sucks that when our hurt are mended, the same guys will be going back to GR because there will be no cap room again and Lord knows that Bert, Sammy, Cleary and Q just have to be on this team the rest of the season...

Glad Tootoo is back up, he deserves to be here. Wonder what would have happened had Tootoo been player when Datsyuk got his elbow....hmmmm....

I really enjoy watching the kids play, unfortunate that they will have to go back. If Holland could somehow grow a set and just do whatever it takes to get rid of the dead weight. I know Sammy would have to give a list a teams he won't go to, but just tell him, submit the teams because you are being traded or being sent to the minors to rot. Sure the cap relief would be small, but I'd much rather have Tootoo or Eaves here than Sammy. Same goes with Cleary, just waive him right now, I don't care if he plays in GR or not, the roster spot is more valuable!

I would much rather have Tootoo, Eaves Nyquist, Tatar and Ouellet in the lineup over Bertuzzi, Sammy, Cleary or Quincey. I hope an "injury" per say comes up for some LTIR relief from Sammy AND Cleary! That way Tootoo can stay.

I'm sure someone will come in and destroy this with facts of the impossibility. But preach on brotha preach on!!!!!

Edited by ben_usmc

Hopefully he doesn't hit, fight anyone, or stick up for his teammates after they get run and make it apparent to Holland and Babcock that he is not what the Wings need right now.

Goals Toots. That's what they expect of you. Not toughness. We have team toughness.*

* note- ignore all injuries after reading that sentence.

Cleary being played on the 4th line over Tootoo is a travesty. What does Cleary have to do to get benched? Start scoring in the wrong net?

Tootoo would have more points than Cleary with his ice time and linemates over the past season.